90 Day Reporting (Again) - Latest Rules

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

I did think there was a grace period for one or other of the various requirements of a foreign resident - but nobody here seems to have said there's a grace period for this. (Lopburi knows of doing it early, but not late!)

Oh well, I'd better just get it done. If I'm lucky I guess it won't take too long. Frustrating since now that my dates are fixed I am actually leaving on the very next day after expiry, i.e. on the 28th whereas reporting date is 27th.

There is a grace period if you report within 7 days after the due date for making your report. In that case you have to go in person to immigration.

Thanks for that Mario, but my bad luck that I logged off immediately after my post and thus didn't read yours in time. Although it is ambiguous from your wording if the grace would have worked for me - going out of the country rather than reporting in person within 7 days at my immigration office. Anyway today I did the renewal at the Chiangmai office. It was a breeze, so not much lost!

• 3 weeks later...

90 day reporting... Again: SORRY FOLKS!

I am in a quandary. I came back from a trip abroad (valid re-entry permit) on September 18, 2012.

With a new passport in hand I went to Changwattana Immigration to transfer my retirement extension to the new passport. The new extension of stay was stamped on the new passport November 2, 2012.

My confusion starts here:

On the website of Immigration in the 90 day reporting rules item 5 states: :

5- The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Although this is not my first application for extension but the second, I wonder.

What date is applicable in my case for the 90 day reporting?

September 18, 2012 when I returned from a trip abroad still with a retirement extension valid until November 13, 2012?

or

November 2, 2012 when I had the retirement extension transferred to the new passport and granted another extension until November 13, 2013?

A note under the extension stamp reads: *notification of residence must be made every 90 days*

Which is the marker to start counting my 90 days:

1- the day I returned to Thailand in September 18

or

2-the date the new extension of stay was granted November 2, 2012?

Honestly, I am do not have enough knowledge and/or experience on this subject to decide.

Sound advice from the usual masters in matters of Immigration will be appreciated. That means you Mario and Lopburi3, among others.

Thanks a bunch!

Pisico

transfer my retirement extension

You have had your first extension - you need to report 90 days from Sep 18th entry if you do not travel again (soon).

That was my gut feeling initially. Ubonjoe also stated so.

Now I know that it is the date of entry, in my case, what starts the clock for the 90 day reporting.

Thanks Lopburi3 for your prompt and valuable advice.

• 5 months later...

Not sure why I cannot respond directly to Yorkie's post. anyway, I have a new
Canadian passport. Next time I report for my 90 day to Immigration at Nakohn Si
Thammarat, I will need to have my stamps in my old passort transferred to my
new one. So far, so good. The Immigration officer there has asked me to bring
the following additional information, for my 90 day reporting:
the S.14 Blue book for my house or the S15 farang house book (which I am applying
for, now that I have purchased the house). The reason I have a Blue book, in
the company name is due to an error at the local municipal office. They
have agreed to change it, and issue me a S15 book, once I present proof of
purchase of the house in my personal name. I told the Immigration officer I had
proof of occupancy, showing him my TOT and electric bills (in my personal name).
Not good enough he said. Bring the Blue book, he said and if it is in a company
name, he also wants to see the company papers. I don’t think it’s any of his
business. So, what do I do? Download and present him with the 90 days Police Regulations? anyone got
the website? Thanks. Pat.

Not sure why I cannot respond directly to Yorkie's post.

By design you cannot quote the first post in a thread, it is simply a way to reduce quoting. if people keep on quoting, a text becomes unreadable.

Immigration can check if you really live where you claim you live.

website here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

But you can always contact the immigration info line first before you confront the officer in question: 1111 or 1178

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My friend is on a Type B visa and gets 1 year extension to stay and is told he has no requirement to do the 90 day reporting. He has been getting his extension every year for 3 years and never gets any fine for not reporting. They tell him that he must only report in 1x a year and that is cause he owns a business and has thai employees.

I'm not sure if this is fact or fiction but he doesn't do any 90 report and and he gets his 1 year extension every year and never gets fined. He lives in BKK and does all his immigration stuff in BKK.

Can anyone confirm or deny this is the case for B visa holders that have work permit, own a company, and have Thai employees?

Also, my 90 day report is due Sept 11 but I have a ticket to fly out of the country on Sept 12. Will I have any issues when I fly out if I don't do the 90 day report before I leave? I have a multi-use rentry permit so my permission to stay will be valid when I return.

• 2 months later...

Hope i can hop on to the end of this thread rather than start a new one. Theoretically, if a person buys a 'Multi-Re-entry permit' when getting a '1-Year Extension Based on Retirement', and then always leaves Thailand on Day 90 of their current residence in the country (or day 89 if necessary)- can they avoid '90 - Day Reporting' ALTOGETHER ? - and with no negative consequences from Immigration ? Thanks.

Hope i can hop on to the end of this thread rather than start a new one. Theoretically, if a person buys a 'Multi-Re-entry permit' when getting a '1-Year Extension Based on Retirement', and then always leaves Thailand on Day 90 of their current residence in the country (or day 89 if necessary)- can they avoid '90 - Day Reporting' ALTOGETHER ? - and with no negative consequences from Immigration ? Thanks.

You could. There are some that travel frequently who never make reports.

But doing it to just avoid the reports would be expensive compared to something that costs very little to do.

• Like 1

I do my 90 day reporting at Phitsanulok. Can I just clarify this ? I now have to send my 90 day report in 15 days before it is due, not 7 days as before ? The immigration have changed the law ?

The posted rules are for Bangkok immigration mail in reports. If you have been doing them according to your local offices rules there is no need to change how you do it;

Did my 90 day report at Udon Thani last week. The office was quiet, only a couple of people in there and only the officer at the 90 day desk. Sat down and looked for the TM 47 form, couldn't find any.

I asked the 90 day officer if he had any forms. "No forms" he says, "New process, everything by computer".

So I sat down opposite him and handed over my passport. He proceeded to enter various key strokes on his computer, then asked me my address. He then asked me to sign a blank TM 47 and ripped off the bottom part and attached it in my passport.

Any other offices adopting a computerised method of 90 day reporting?