90 Day Reporting (Again) - Latest Rules

The posted rules are for Bangkok immigration mail in reports. If you have been doing them according to your local offices rules there is no need to change how you do it;

Actually it is on the national web site as well as Bangkok so unless you know your office allows something else I would mail at least 15 days early.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

The posted rules are for Bangkok immigration mail in reports. If you have been doing them according to your local offices rules there is no need to change how you do it; 

Actually it is on the national web site as well as Bangkok so unless you know your office allows something else I would mail at least 15 days early.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

I quoted the post of the member who stated he had been already been making reports to his local office so suggested he not change what he had been doing.

Both websites are the same other than first page of Bangkok site. The "national site" is for all intents and purposes a clone of the Bangkok site.

If a person is already making reports by mail to a local office I wouldn't suggest they change after reading this topic about rules that changed about a year and a half ago.

• 11 months later...

Hi, not exactly sure if this fits in the topic but quick question:

My 90 day notification was due October 27th. I am leaving the country for 3 months on October 29th. Do I need to go get a new 90 day slip? Or does leaving the country kind of reset that?

Thanks

Hi, not exactly sure if this fits in the topic but quick question:

My 90 day notification was due October 27th. I am leaving the country for 3 months on October 29th. Do I need to go get a new 90 day slip? Or does leaving the country kind of reset that?

Thanks

If you leave before the report date it requires no report because you have not stayed 90 days.

If you are leaving after the report date you need to do a report before you leave,

So yes you should of do a report.

Thank you very much for the amazingly fast reply!

What are the consequences of not getting the new 90 day report? I will be leaving two days late (90 day report due Oct 27th, leaving Oct 29th--there is a 7 day window right?), and leaving the country for 3 months (so the 90 day notice I would get would be expired anyway by the time I re-enter Thailand)?

Just curious.

Thank you for the help.

Thank you very much for the amazingly fast reply!

What are the consequences of not getting the new 90 day report? I will be leaving two days late (90 day report due Oct 27th, leaving Oct 29th--there is a 7 day window right?), and leaving the country for 3 months (so the 90 day notice I would get would be expired anyway by the time I re-enter Thailand)?

Just curious.

Thank you for the help.

The allowance for reporting up to 7 days after your report date is only for doing the report. It does not apply if you leave after the report date.

Not doing a report could be a problem when you do your first report 90 days after you return if they notice you did not do your report before you left.

Did my 90 day report at Udon Thani last week. The office was quiet, only a couple of people in there and only the officer at the 90 day desk. Sat down and looked for the TM 47 form, couldn't find any.

I asked the 90 day officer if he had any forms. "No forms" he says, "New process, everything by computer".

So I sat down opposite him and handed over my passport. He proceeded to enter various key strokes on his computer, then asked me my address. He then asked me to sign a blank TM 47 and ripped off the bottom part and attached it in my passport.

Any other offices adopting a computerised method of 90 day reporting?

I did mine at Nakhon Sawan yesterday morning about 11 am. I was the only customer and had a similar experience as you. The only difference was that I had to write my address down as well.

In and out in 5 minutes.

• 3 years later...

Please, just to satisfy my immigration paranoia:

I just did a quick 1 hour run across the border at Kanchanaburi into Myanmar to get my first Extension to Stay on the O-A visa on May 23 2018. I got stamped back with a May 22 2019 Admitted Until date in my passport and on the departure card.

I am leaving Thailand June 27 for two months back home.

My current 90 day report expires June 20, 2018.

My understanding is that for 90 reporting the FIRST (only) extension of stay serves as the start of a new 90 reporting period, therefore nullifying the June 20 date. Should I even take the risk of misinterpretation and just go to the IO before June 20?

Next, my understanding is that regardless of the above, when I return from home, a new 90 reporting period begins again. To me that means I perform my first report 90 days after the date of re-entering the Kingdom. I don't want to risk blowing the report due on June 20th.

Lastly, my understanding is that I must obtain a TM8 Application for Re-entry Permit from my local IO before I even go to the airport to leave for home. I believe I must have this to validate my new extension to stay when I return to the Kingdom.

I apologize for my nervous hand-wringing and wailing, but this stuff is confusing and I don't want to take any chance on airport immigration drama or loss of my retirement visa stay extensions in the future.

Thanks to all for indulging my paranoia with solid answers.

Again my eternal thanks to the regular gurus on these forums such as UbonJoe, JingThing, Tanoshi, and others.

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Next, my understanding is that regardless of the above, when I return from home, a new 90 reporting period begins again. To me that means I perform my first report 90 days after the date of re-entering the Kingdom. I don't want to risk blowing the report due on June 20th

You report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count.

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Lastly, my understanding is that I must obtain a TM8 Application for Re-entry Permit from my local IO before I even go to the airport to leave for home. I believe I must have this to validate my new extension to stay when I return to the Kingdom.

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your recent one year entry valid (you got a new entry not an extension of stay) when you enter the country after your trip.

You can get the re-entry permit at your local immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok 24 hours a day on departure from the country.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count.

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your recent one year entry valid (you got a new entry not an extension of stay) when you enter the country after your trip.

You can get the re-entry permit at your local immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok 24 hours a day on departure from the country.

I found out a few years ago when I went back to the UK forgetting to obtain a re-entry permit. On my return I got a 30 day on arrival visa, and on asking why when I already had a marriage extension, the IO told me that no re-entry permit means that my marriage extension was ended.

It cost me one trip on Jacks golf tours to Cambodia and a trip to Penand to get a 90 day Nom Imm O visa.

My ears hurt the most as 'er indoors gave me grevious bodily earache, quite justifiably though. I learned my lesson from that.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks UJ! I'll get my re-entry permit and do my 90 day report before I leave at the local IO.

I'll get my re-entry permit and do my 90 day report before I leave at the local IO.

Why? Your June 90 day report due date was trumped by your new 90 day reporting period, which began when you re-entered Thailand in May. So, no need to do any 90 day reporting until 90 days *after* you once again re-enter Thailand in August.

• Like 1