Will You Be Buying An Ipad Mini?

LDNBKK86

Well compared with a Nexus 7 at the same storage space, it's only $80 more.

Hi,

Nexus 7 32G officialy announced yesterday and available today in Europe. smile.png

iPad Mini is way overpriced and clearly doesn't worth its huge price for just a reduced iPad2 sad.png

The Mini 3G model is nearly twice the price of the Nexus 7 3G !!

16 Go WiFi : +140 € => +70%

32 Go WiFi : +190 € => +76%

32 Go W+3G : +270 € => +90%

716851.jpg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing iPad mini to Nexus or other subsidized tablets are funny. Both Google and Amazon is selling their $200 + tax tablet without making a profit, just to gain market share. Apple has still the biggest market share in Tablet market, why they should sell a product at the cost of manufacture? This type of business is completely wrong.

Now people can enjoy Apple tablet at lower price and smaller size. If you think price is expensive then don't buy it! Please stop expressing your fandroid feelings for a product that you never going to buy.

• Like 1

Note the new Nexus 7 pricing/memory and 3G model:

Google is also revving up its tablet lineup. The Nexus 7 is now available with more storage. The 16GB version starts at $199 (previously, this version was $249) and a new 32GB model is available for $249. Google is also releasing an HSPA+ Nexus 7 with 32GB of data for $299. It works on AT&T in the U.S. and more than 200 GSM providers worldwide. The Nexus 7 will be available on Nov. 13 online and at retailers such as Gamestop, Walmart, Office Depot, Office Max and Staples.

http://mashable.com/2012/10/29/google-nexus-4-nexus-10/

Well compared with a Nexus 7 at the same storage space, it's only $80 more.

Hi,

Nexus 7 32G officialy announced yesterday and available today in Europe. smile.png

iPad Mini is way overpriced and clearly doesn't worth its huge price for just a reduced iPad2 sad.png

The Mini 3G model is nearly twice the price of the Nexus 7 3G !!

16 Go WiFi : +140 € => +70%

32 Go WiFi : +190 € => +76%

32 Go W+3G : +270 € => +90%

I don't know what it is with Apple and Europe but they have a habit of overpricing their products over there. The EU prices include 20% VAT so they'll be higher than US price which don't include VAT. But still.

Of course in Thailand the Nexus 7 isn't available officially, and it costs $300 - $330 in the mall .. over here the Nexus 7 is almost the same price as an iPad mini so there's no reason to buy it at all.

In the USA, the new 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $249 are a pretty significant cut in prices. Are they now losing money on these or what... seems incredibly cheap.

They're still not really competing products. You want a premium 7" tablet, there's the iPad mini. For as cheap as possible, the Nexus 7 is probably the one to get.

The Nexus 10 is also out, looks to have a stunning retina resolution screen and $100 less than the iPad.

A fresh batch of "iPad killers" let's see if any of them sell this time around...

Please stop expressing your fandroid feelings for a product that you never going to buy.

Sorry muratremix; I searched for "Nexus 7" and found this topic.

Didn't see it was in the AppleFan forum sad.png

I tried to Edit my previous post but I can't. Too late already.

@nikster: Nexus prices in Euros are "the same" as prices in $USA: (Thank to VAT and other taxes...)

Nexus 7 16G Wifi : USA $199 : Europe 199 €

Nexus 7 32G Wifi : USA $249 : Europe 249 €

Nexus 7 32G W+3G : USA $299 : Europe 299 €

Edited by Pattaya46

Google and Samsung didn't grow into such HUGE companies by selling products at a loss just to gain some of Apple's market share. That statement at least gave me a good laugh.

Samsung is just manufacturer. Google is the owner and seller. And yes, google can survive without making profit on hardware. Google only nterested in users private data!

Samsung still selling on par pricng with Apple. You are very funny after all.

• Like 1

Google and Samsung didn't grow into such HUGE companies by selling products at a loss just to gain some of Apple's market share. That statement at least gave me a good laugh.

Samsung is just manufacturer. Google is the owner and seller. And yes, google can survive without making profit on hardware. Google only nterested in users private data!

So where does Motorola fit into this picture?

Are Asus and LG selling products at a loss to benefit Google?

You are very funny after all.

I'm trying to figure out why I should be concerned if Google, Asus, Samsung or LG want to offer a great product, at a reasonable price? Why should I, as a consumer, care?

But maybe you have been conditioned to expect to support silly margins by paying an outrageous premium for a sole-sourced product which is seemingly replaced nearly every 12 months? As a long time AAPL shareholder I can only say "thank you". Please feel free to buy an iPhone 5, new iPad 4, iPad Mini, et al.

How Apple puts the planned in obsolescence

October 30, 2012 - 3:11PM

Nick Bilton

How Apple persuades people to replace their perfectly fine iPhone, iPad, iMac and iEverything else year after year.

Power of persuasion ... Apple marketing chief Phillip Schiller announces the new iMac during an Apple special event at the California Theatre.

Philip W. Schiller, Apple's vice president for marketing, strode across the stage of the California Theatre in San Jose last week trumpeting the virtues of new Apple products. As he caressed the side of the latest iMac personal computer, he noted how thin it was — 5 millimetres, 80 per cent thinner than the last one. Then he said, with an air of surprise, as if he had just thought of it: "Isn't it amazing how something new makes the previous thing instantly look old?"

Umm, yes, Mr Schiller, you design your products that way. It is part of a strategy that Apple has perfected. How else can the company persuade people to replace their perfectly fine iPhone, iPad, iMac and iEverything else year after year?

http://www.smh.com.a...1029-28f37.html

Disruptions: You Know You Can’t Live Without Apple’s Latest Glass Rectangle

(longer version)

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/disruptions-you-know-you-cant-live-without-apples-latest-glass-rectangle/

Edited by lomatopo

I don't think Apple is the only company to play the game. People who are stuck with the Android Gingerbread operating system are buying new phones just to get the latest and greatest Android system while Gingerbread works just fine. Jellybean caused a lot of excitement and already they have a new version to replace it.

Things like developing a user friendly, highly detailed and accurate GPS map are ignored. Nokia now has a great GPS map but you have to have a new phone to be able to use it. It's all about money. Selling new hardware makes money. Improved operating operating systems and applications are only valuable if you have to buy new hardware to support them. If not for the techie hackers, new operating systems would require new hardware.

Improved operating operating systems and applications are only valuable if you have to buy new hardware to support them.

FWIW, I am running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) on a 2+ year old 1 GHz single core SGS1. It screams - UI and 3G, And all my applications work - one or two apps do not work with 4.1.x as near as I can determine.

post-9615-0-84343900-1351585848_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-96923700-1351585859_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-25495000-1351585873_thumb.jp

You are a typical fandroid. You dont want to accept simple fact. This behaviour can be observed in fanatical religious people aswell.

Google bought motorola mobility, it still operates under motorola brand, not google!

Google is selling its handset, made by samsung or lg, using its own brand plus lg and samsungd brand (samsung galaxy nexus 10) and distribution networks so sell them. Samsung is not selling at loss, they manufacture for google like a factory. Do you even know what is factory and what means manufacturing?

You are a typical fandroid. You dont want to accept simple fact. This behaviour can be observed in fanatical religious people aswell.

Google bought motorola mobility, it still operates under motorola brand, not google!

Google is selling its handset, made by samsung or lg, using its own brand plus lg and samsungd brand (samsung galaxy nexus 10) and distribution networks so sell them. Samsung is not selling at loss, they manufacture for google like a factory. Do you even know what is factory and what means manufacturing?

This is like arguing with my wife. She knows EVERYTHING so there is no point to go on with it. She KNOWS that Toyota is the best and that I am stupid because I have a Nissan and a Ford. I'm sure Apple makes a nice quality product but as for me, I wouldn't pay the premium for a phone that needs to be hacked before I cam use it. I have paid nothing for my Android applications. All were free. That's not to say that I would not be willing to pay for an application that I wanted.

This is like arguing with my wife. She knows EVERYTHING so there is no point to go on with it. She KNOWS that Toyota is the best and that I am stupid because I have a Nissan and a Ford. I'm sure Apple makes a nice quality product but as for me, I wouldn't pay the premium for a phone that needs to be hacked before I cam use it. I have paid nothing for my Android applications. All were free. That's not to say that I would not be willing to pay for an application that I wanted.

You can't ever respond my answer, yet you still defend Android because Apps are free (either cracked or freemium with ads, because nobody pays in Android, thats why it became popular!). If you can't defend your argument over "google, motorola, samsung", please remain silent next time.

Everybody knows why google is doing this in limited markets (countries) and what google aims, why no microSD card or limited capacities etc. It seems everybody except you Gary. Btw you don't have to defend Android just because you use one or two devices. I don't argue with Android fans usually, but when they come up with ideas like "Samsung produce everything, Samsung better than Apple!" I can't stop myself. Many fandroids doesn't even know what is foundry, what is manufacturing, what is technology. They just speak and spread their hate speeches. Please don't turn yourself into some low life creatures likes this. Remember, not everything you read (especially user comments) on Internet is true!

You can't ever respond my answer, yet you still defend Android because Apps are free (either cracked or freemium with ads, because nobody pays in Android, thats why it became popular!). If you can't defend your argument over "google, motorola, samsung", please remain silent next time.

Everybody knows why google is doing this in limited markets (countries) and what google aims, why no microSD card or limited capacities etc. It seems everybody except you Gary. Btw you don't have to defend Android just because you use one or two devices. I don't argue with Android fans usually, but when they come up with ideas like "Samsung produce everything, Samsung better than Apple!" I can't stop myself. Many fandroids doesn't even know what is foundry, what is manufacturing, what is technology. They just speak and spread their hate speeches. Please don't turn yourself into some low life creatures likes this. Remember, not everything you read (especially user comments) on Internet is true!

Ok. Why no sd card capabilities in IOS?

ITS simple so YOU have to pay Apple for bigger capacity .. at least most new Nexus Android devices have USB on the go.

Does Apple?

sent from my ..................#

Ok. Why no sd card capabilities in IOS?

ITS simple so YOU have to pay Apple for bigger capacity .. at least most new Nexus Android devices have USB on the go.

Does Apple?

sent from my ..................#

There was never SD card memory expansion in iOS, and it was used by Android Fans to support their freedom love in Android. After all, you can do anything in Android while you are heavily restricted in iOS by default! Nexus devices doesn't have USB memory expansion by default. You have to root them, which avoids warranty and not recommended by google.

Since last Nexus, google started to selling devices at loss or no profit. Samsung Galaxy Nexus can be bought for $299 for sometime. However Google don't want to lose its big partner Samsung. If nexus 4 device has microsd and lte, who the heck will buy Optimus G (Same platform, better camera, microsd and lte support) for two times more expensive?

There was never SD card memory expansion in iOS, and it was used by Android Fans to support their freedom love in Android. After all, you can do anything in Android while you are heavily restricted in iOS by default! Nexus devices doesn't have USB memory expansion by default. You have to root them, which avoids warranty and not recommended by google.

Nexus 10 has a micro usb slot

Don't mind me - please return to the debate, I was just making fresh popcorn..

So does nexus 7. But you cant use usb memory expansion by default. Google forbids it. Capire?

So does nexus 7. But you cant use usb memory expansion by default. Google forbids it. Capire?

Ah I see where you're coming from now... does this mean you'll be buying a mini?