Will You Be Buying An Ipad Mini?

LDNBKK86

^to your first paragraph ,this is actually why I just bought a MacBook air ,does seem the iPad mini is going to be a hit I don't think you can claim one is better than the other though it depends what you are doing with it example if watchIng a lot of movies the iPad gotta be better for you,

I think the small screens become annoying after a while again depends what you are using it for,but this was the reason I opted for The MacBook air 13" screen the 11" is nice only bit bigger than iPad but the small screen as said can become annoying a few months down the line

The MacBook Air is the only Apple product that tempts me. As far as watching movies, I certainly prefer watching them on my 32 inch LCD screen TV. The MacBook 13" screen is much better for movies than a less than 8" screen. I think the super high resolution screens are hype and the normal eye is quite happy with much lower resolution screens.

• Like 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the cellular mini is now available, well ships in 2 weeks from the Thai Apple ishop.

Is this the best way to get one?

I am wondering about that, too.

Since the new Google Map app is available, I've decided to buy an iPad mini cellular, but I'd like to know how long it will take to get to my apartment door step after I order on the Apple Web Thailand. I'll be in my apartment only for a couple weeks during this winter vac time and I have to carfully decide when to click to order, for the Apple product delivery will not leave it at the reception.

Could anyone know or share your experiences?

Placed an order for a ipad Mini 16GB wifi on 18th Dec at Apple Online TH

Just called DHL ChiangMai today for a confirmed delivery today. 24th Dec 2012. Very fast.

The website said 2 weeks. But should be much early that mentioned date now.

Thanks. That's good to hear. When I tried to place an order for an engraved Mini Cellular, they said it would be delivered on Jan. 15th. Then it should arrive sometime in the first week of Jan.

Edited by khonlanna

Placed an order for a ipad Mini 16GB wifi on 18th Dec at Apple Online TH

Just called DHL ChiangMai today for a confirmed delivery today. 24th Dec 2012. Very fast.

The website said 2 weeks. But should be much early that mentioned date now.

Bought a mini ipad 16 GB wifi for 11200 baht at chiangmai Siam TV only last month on the first day of release in Chiangmai...

you mean it's already out of stock..need to place order....

• 3 weeks later...

To the people who bought their mini in Thailand. Did it come with the 2 pin USB charger or 3 pin UK style? I'm just interested as the sales girl in 'Winner' in Central Pattaya said that the ones sold in Thailand come with 3 pin plug when I questioned her about the contents of the box.

Ipad mini is old technology.

Screen is fuzzy....

Look nice in its aluminium box but inside there is no much....

Just an other ripoff from apple.

Waiting for retina display... Hello?!

The miniPad 2 with Retina display is rumored for mid-year, as is the maxiPad 5, which will be thinner ( ;) )

To the people who bought their mini in Thailand. Did it come with the 2 pin USB charger or 3 pin UK style? I'm just interested as the sales girl in 'Winner' in Central Pattaya said that the ones sold in Thailand come with 3 pin plug when I questioned her about the contents of the box.

Mine came with a 2 prong US-style plug. Got it from store.apple.com/th via mail order.

I've gotten three different ones on Apple devices in Thailand over the years:

- The huge three prong UK plug, which is baffling because it doesn't work anywhere in Thailand .I guess the explanation at the time was that it shipped from Singapore where they use these. I complained to customer service at the time. This was years ago so hopefully won't happen anymore.

- The EU-standard two prong plug. I don't like it because it doesn't do any more than the US plug, but is much bigger. At least it works in Thailand though.

- The US style small two prong plug - came with the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini. I hope they stick with that...

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After toying around with the idea for a couple of months I went ahead and bought the ipad mini.

My main reason for purchase was so I could read ebooks. It is especially handy when traveling due to it's small size.

The iBooks application is simply beautiful. It's also the perfect size for watching movies and doing some casual internet browsing while on the go.

I considered the Kindle fire also, which is much cheaper, but due to the sheer volume of available applications, I decided to stick with Apple (I also own a MacBook Pro)

For me the regular iPad is just too large and inonvenient. It never crossed my mind to purchase one. If Apple did not release the iPad mini I would have went for the fire.

It is a very solid feeling device. I played around with the Nexus in the store, but it honestly felt a lot more flimsy due to all of the plastic.

It is my opinion that the iPad mini was released solely to compete with the eBook readers. The regular iPad is just too large and impractical for lying in bed and reading.

So far it has been one of the best tech purchases I have made in years.

• Like 2

^The mini is great but if you are a serious reader then as I've said in other threads go with the basic Kindle (B4,500). As the saying goes 'it does exactly what it says on the tin'. So what if you have two devices? It weighs next to nothing. The basic Kindle will hold a couple of thousand books, the electronic ink is perfect for your eyes and the battery fully charged lasts me 4 weeks offshore (average 2 hours reading per evening).

I also have an ipad mini and it is fantastic but where reading books is concerned IMO you can't beat a basic Kindle.

I don't know about the basic kindle - people say it's great and I'd certainly appreciate the battery life; but the iPad can do so much more. I think the mini would just beat it as a book reader too if it was a retina display. But it's not. Then again the Kindle black/white has extremely low resolution, the pixels are clearly visible.

Having read some books on the iPad 3 - it was great for the iBooks app and for the display resolution. But the iPad 3 is too big and heavy to really replace a book. iPad mini has the perfect size.

^The mini is great but if you are a serious reader then as I've said in other threads go with the basic Kindle (B4,500). As the saying goes 'it does exactly what it says on the tin'. So what if you have two devices? It weighs next to nothing. The basic Kindle will hold a couple of thousand books, the electronic ink is perfect for your eyes and the battery fully charged lasts me 4 weeks offshore (average 2 hours reading per evening).

I also have an ipad mini and it is fantastic but where reading books is concerned IMO you can't beat a basic Kindle.

DMC1, I was really close to buying the fire, but I also considered the basic Kindle. Nothing can compare to the battery life on that thing. If all you want is a good ebook reader then I would also recommend the regular Kindle, but If you want a little more on top, like movies, music, and some games, then the iPad mini is in a league of it's own. There's just so much packed into the little thing.

I think that we are at a stage in the technology cycle where there isn't really much more in terms of advancements that can be made. If you splash out on the iPad mini then no doubt it will be good for many years.

The only new advancements Apple is coming out with are silly gimmicks like retina display.

There comes a point when we all need to ask ourself: "How fast does a tablet need to be, or how many pixels is enough".

If my iPad min was any thinner it would slice my hand.

I bought my MacBook Pro about 3 years ago and it's still almost the exact same in terms of specs as the latest models (minus the silly gimmicks).

I will keep it for another 10 years if the bottom doesn't fall out.