Bmw X1

rics21

For 2 Million Baht, Nobody has mentioned Lexus. The CT200h might not be everyones first thought of Lexus but the gas milage is great on it and you get much better build quality than the X1. Just throwing it out there.

And for someone who mentioned forgoing the bmw for a GTi, are you high? VW is "the people's car". He wants to step up to a luxury vehicle. I'm not knocking the car but it's definitely something that should be in the Civic Price range, not BMW price range.

Volkswagen’sVR6 engine will continue into another generation despite past rumors that suggested otherwise.

The new GTi is super charged and twin turbo... 3.0 lt, VR6 4-motion...... 0-100 in 3.9 sec.

somehow looks to be a step up on a X1

post-42643-0-65008700-1376149062_thumb.j

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For 2 Million Baht, Nobody has mentioned Lexus. The CT200h might not be everyones first thought of Lexus but the gas milage is great on it and you get much better build quality than the X1. Just throwing it out there.

And for someone who mentioned forgoing the bmw for a GTi, are you high? VW is "the people's car". He wants to step up to a luxury vehicle. I'm not knocking the car but it's definitely something that should be in the Civic Price range, not BMW price range.

Volkswagen’sVR6 engine will continue into another generation despite past rumors that suggested otherwise.

The new GTi is super charged and twin turbo... 3.0 lt, VR6 4-motion...... 0-100 in 3.9 sec.

somehow looks to be a step up on a X1

attachicon.gifvolkswagen-design-vision-gti-VR 6.jpg

The X1 a try-hard posers' car for people who can't afford a proper BMW.

The Lexus CT200h is a Corolla Hybrid at double price.

The Golf GTi is a car for drivers.

I'd never roll my eyes at someone driving the latter ;)

I don't even like X1's... laugh.png

BUT -

After 3 years in the UK an X1 could have halved in value. In Thailand probably still worth 3/4's.

So even though there is an"artificially high" price to start the cost of car ownership would much cheaper in Thailand.

RAZZ

This is a myth, Try and sell your Beemer or Merc and then com tell us about experience.

This is a myth for people who never owned any Merc.

• 7 months later...

The BMW X1 is the only option for someone who wants a cheap German car actually.

But I wonder if what you would get with a Japanese car for 2 MB would be better ?

The Benz A-Class starts at 2M, if your budget extends to the top model X1 (2.8M), you could also buy a Benz B-Class, GLA, CLA or C-class.

Edited by IMHO

The BMW X1 is the only option for someone who wants a cheap German car actually.

But I wonder if what you would get with a Japanese car for 2 MB would be better ?

The Benz A-Class starts at 2M, if your budget extends to the top model X1 (2.8M), you could also buy a Benz B-Class, GLA, CLA or C-class.

The Beemer 116i sport roadster can be had for 1.7 or 2.0M baht and the new CKD version is pretty high spec (more than previous imported one for same price). Its just so hard to justifying paying for an "S" class Merc in Thailand and driving off in a "C" class car.

• 1 year later...

German cars around 2M - updated 1 series is out in two months. 3 series Lux is now 400k less, if you can stretch to it, a cracking deal..

a 3 year old Z4 can be had for 2M from BMW approved .. or a one year old A250 for 2M perhaps?

Or save yourself 1M and buy a 2008-9 330i (post november '08 to get the engine update)