Coffee

KC 71

Hi does anyone have a good idea on the best coffee to use

I hear doi tung does some good coffee or akka

What is a good machine to buy in Chiangrai ?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Doi Tung, Doi Chaang and several other local coffees are available but the best one, being at best a subjective evaluation, is up to you as they say. Robinson Department Store at Central Plaza has a fairly large assortment of coffee machines, to suit a range of budgets.

You might glean some information from another topic about Where to enjoy coffee in the Rai?

Edited by villagefarang

Indeed, my neighbour spent about 60,000B on a fancy machine but my little 1200B drip filter thingy does me.

One of the nice things coffee aficionados can do here is drive around the province looking for small coffee shops and buy bags of local beans, then you can hold your own tastings.

• Like 2

I buy mine from the roaster at Mae Saui. 400 baht a kilo for excellent fresh roasted beans they have better quallity for 700 baht which is what I drink they also have peabery organic for about 1100/. I get a kilo sent to me each month. I prefer to go though. THey make wonderful coffee well served at the coffee shop and are extremely knowledgeable about their coffee. give me a pm if you want the address.

• Like 1

I buy mine from the roaster at Mae Saui. 400 baht a kilo for excellent fresh roasted beans they have better quallity for 700 baht which is what I drink they also have peabery organic for about 1100/. I get a kilo sent to me each month. I prefer to go though. THey make wonderful coffee well served at the coffee shop and are extremely knowledgeable about their coffee. give me a pm if you want the address.

Have you figured in transportation costs into the total cost of your beans when you drive there? I would think that would add considerably to the cost.

Have you figured in transportation costs into the total cost of your beans when you drive there? I would think that would add considerably to the cost.

That is why I get it sent by post for 35 baht unless I really would like a drive which I do as I get little chance to get out and Central does get boring.

It is just convincing the boss that it is worth trip.

THey have a rather nice coffee shop with food there but as it is upstairs I cannot use it of course. they have bought me a beutifully served coffee with a nice glass of tea while I have been buying my coffee. From the way that it is served I think the coffee shopt would be a nice one. Some places still do things correctly.

• Like 1

Arghhhhh, seems I have to move to Chiang Rai instead to stay in Bangkoksmile.png

TOO LATE.....I have already had to buy a different machine. sad.png

I missed a good testimonialsmile.png

Something about that name had me thinking milk chocolate.wink.png I guess my browser does its job of filtering ads too well, as I had never noticed you before. Must be hard competing with all those big well established brands now available in Thailand and even here in sleepy little Chiang Rai.smile.png

I don't do any drugs, legal or illegal.

I did coffee for decades, then did de-caff with aspartamine (ugh). Now, no caffeine, and my kidneys like it that way (plus wrinkles don't get etched as deep in the face).

I'm the type that needs at least one bad habit, I find a couple of daily coffees and a coke lite or two much less damaging than chronic alcohol or tobacco abuse.

Too late for the wrinkles I'm afraid, I call them character lines. cool.png

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

I'm the type that needs at least one bad habit, I find a couple of daily coffees and a coke lite or two much less damaging than chronic alcohol or tobacco abuse.

Too late for the wrinkles I'm afraid, I call them character lines. cool.png

Coffee isn’t a bad habit, it is an indulgence.biggrin.png

I was in Yoddoi near the clock tower on the weekend and decided to try an Americano but they had never heard of it. (Even "cafe yai see dam" brought blank looks).

Today in Doi Chaang they came up with the goods and I'm a convert... no more milky coffee for me.

• Like 1