Black Treacle

jagi00

Only place I've seen a can of (Lyle's?) Treacle was at the Kasem Niminhamin store - of course that was several Christmas shopping seasons ago. But Grandma at the original store would be the one to ask to have it brought in. Kasam also sells a repackage molasses that seems a much better quality then what Yok and Bakermart sells.

Thanks all, I'll check your leads out - being from the other side of the pond, I had not thought of molasses as the same thing.

BTY, BBQ/grilled pork chops with a brushed on mix of black treacle, soy sauce & garlic is tasty!

For the BBQ recipe above, try using cheap honey if treacle not available.

I've used sweet soy sauce for cooking, the sweetener traditionally came from palm sugar. It's not unlike mollasses.

One of the sweet soy's, I think it's #9 on the bottle, has a listed 79% molasses in the ingredients. Used it to make a very interesting dark gingerbread.

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect I think Puen Kraow carries more varieties of product than Yok. I got all my sourdough ingredients from there.

http://goo.gl/maps/f7PGM

Try YOK on SuperHighway, not far from bus station/arcade. Yok stock all baking products and many imported lines ... more than Rimping.

Black treacle or molasses? I think one and the same thing ...?