Price Of Vespa Gs

ezzra

200.000 is crazy. Mint condition it should be around 50.000 maximum, if you are a fanatic, impatient, need-it-now and want to pay over that, a bit more maybe 60/70, but not more than that. They are not that rare. Even if you got one that needed restoration your cost to purchase and do whatever was needed would never exceed that 50ish limit. Probably a lot lower.

Although 200.000 seems way too much, with 50/60K as another poster wrote, you won't get very far. Maybe a badly beaten up carpet hauler from Bangkok can be bought with 40k, but if you want a nice bike WITH green book, expect to pay at least 70-80K.

But then, I don't know much about Vespas....just know what's on sale on a half a dozen classifieds...

You'll get a decent one without a book for 50k. Look at 70-90k for a legal book & decent condition.

Where are you located? There are Thai vespa clubs and web boards you may want to look at.

Start here - http://www.thaiscooter.com/forums/content.php?r=156-Vespa

There is also a classified ads section on that site.

And look here - http://www.mocyc.com/market_all.html?category=5&sub_category=31

Thanks for all the input, this model is fairly rare particularly the MK 1 and even rarer are the the earlier

years GS's 150,

I have scouted the Bkk areas where they sell and fix Vespas and Lambos and believe me they are hard

to come by and vendors, if they they new of one for sale, were asking king's ransom,

Actually, the seller i have mentioned was initially asking B. 300,000, (and yes i know, to ask it's

not a crime, yet) but he is willing to sell it for less,

I will keep looking as I'm not in a hurry, but to find one for 50-70 K, i doubt it very much,

as even on EBay they asking $ 4-7,000, why, one was sold few months ago in Melbourne Australia

for over AUD.$ 13,000 but this specimen was in pristine concours condition.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

200.000 is crazy. Mint condition it should be around 50.000 maximum, if you are a fanatic, impatient, need-it-now and want to pay over that, a bit more maybe 60/70, but not more than that. They are not that rare. Even if you got one that needed restoration your cost to purchase and do whatever was needed would never exceed that 50ish limit. Probably a lot lower.

They're 5 grand English in the UK and there are way way less original VSB1T scooters here than in the UK.

• 4 months later...
Dear Sir,

I Refer your adv. in Thai forum.. I understand you'r looking for Gs160, I have an collection of Classic & Rare Vespa models in Switzerland in case you might be interested in purchase of GS160 Mk2 1964 & 1967 SS180 & Rally180 scooters located in Saxon, (Switzerland).

I would assist you with shipping. plz. visit under Flikr website for pictures, Tel: 0041-787598154:

Urna A. Shaikh

Thanks for all the input, this model is fairly rare particularly the MK 1 and even rarer are the the earlier

years GS's 150,

I have scouted the Bkk areas where they sell and fix Vespas and Lambos and believe me they are hard

to come by and vendors, if they they new of one for sale, were asking king's ransom,

Actually, the seller i have mentioned was initially asking B. 300,000, (and yes i know, to ask it's

not a crime, yet) but he is willing to sell it for less,

I will keep looking as I'm not in a hurry, but to find one for 50-70 K, i doubt it very much,

as even on EBay they asking $ 4-7,000, why, one was sold few months ago in Melbourne Australia

for over AUD.$ 13,000 but this specimen was in pristine concours condition.

Dear Sir,
I understand you'r looking for Gs160, I have an collection of Classic & Rare Vespa models in Switzerland in case you might be interested in purchase our GS160 Mk2 1964 & 1967 SS180 & Rally180 fully restored scooters located in Saxon, (Switzerland).
The Quality is self explanatory, plz. visit under Flikr website for pictures & tel: 0041-787598154:
Good Luck!
Urna