...if A Man Is Tired Of Thaivisa He Is Tired Of Life...?

cooked

Dunno. I used to look forward to being insulted, reading posts about stuff that interested me, having the cheek to 'give advice'. As time goes on, I find that the same old stuff comes up again and again, the threads in forums that interest me (farming, plants, health) get too little response.

Is it just me, or has Thaivisa become a bit boring lately? Have the provocateurs been banned, have the mods become excessively vigilant?

I miss being told that I must live in a hovel if I live on ฿40 000.- a month for instance...

Please keep any insults at a refined level and avoid using the word ignorant.

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am the one who is being ignorant (oooops ...Sorry), but rather than tired of life, they have got one instead?? The main trolls have become so obvious that they are boring, and it seems at times that the main body of the kirk are suffering from high doses of rohipnol. whistling.gif

There are some extremely entertaining threads from time to time, it just takes a bit of searching, or a heads-up from another poster. I am finding (after a short time) that there are some posters with whom I can get the craic, and others who I watch out for, so that I can take (and expect to get) a pop at. That always helps. Maybe you have hit a "wall", like a marathon runner, so you either stop, or battle on valiantly, waiting for your "second wind". Perhaps some of the more habitual posters (5,000+ posts... you know, the real recidivists), could give us the benefit of their wisdom on this??

......Maybe one or two of the more eloquent trolls might have something to say on this???? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

In preference to frittering my life away on this forum, I had a most pleasant evening yesterday drinking myself to an early grave. An old schoolfriend was in town for a couple of days, so we started off with a few pints in the bush (leafy suburbs, to be more precise) before heading back to the Gas-haus and the even more Chinese place two doors down, where we ran into my good mate the Doctor, who was out with some young ladies, and later George.

Anyway, my point was that if you are tired of TV, you could try real life - or television. I'm sure we'll see you back here soon enough....

SC

• Like 1

I have been a member for 9 years next month and with just over 4,000 posts I am down/up to about 1.4 posts a day over that time.

I find that the political threads are about 30% of the content of TVF and are virtually monopolised by about 30 or 40 posters more or less evenly split pro/anti Thaksin.

For sale posts are probably 25% of the content which doesn't leave much else.

As cooked says the same old stuff comes around and goes around, newbies probably haven't found the search buttons.

Yes there are some reasonable threads around but often they get derailed and disappera into off topic, insults, trolling etc.

I scan the last 24 houes of posts and look at things I might be interested in but with 23 pages over 24 hours I may only really read perhaps two posts a page and reply to less than that.

I think I need a break or weaning off TVF for a while.

In preference to frittering my life away on this forum, I had a most pleasant evening yesterday drinking myself to an early grave. An old schoolfriend was in town for a couple of days, so we started off with a few pints in the bush (leafy suburbs, to be more precise) before heading back to the Gas-haus and the even more Chinese place two doors down, where we ran into my good mate the Doctor, who was out with some young ladies, and later George.

Anyway, my point was that if you are tired of TV, you could try real life - or television. I'm sure we'll see you back here soon enough....

SC

Point taken: real life and television are 2 completely different things.

In answer top the OP it' s all a matter of perspective. For instance i am enjoying reading TV very much. Seems to me you expect something. And this is what happens when you start expecting.

• Like 1

SC

In answer top the OP it' s all a matter of perspective. For instance i am enjoying reading TV very much. Seems to me you expect something. And this is what happens when you start expecting.

My wife stopped drinking when she started expecting

SC

I have been a member for 9 years next month and with just over 4,000 posts I am down/up to about 1.4 posts a day over that time.

I find that the political threads are about 30% of the content of TVF and are virtually monopolised by about 30 or 40 posters more or less evenly split pro/anti Thaksin.

For sale posts are probably 25% of the content which doesn't leave much else.

As cooked says the same old stuff comes around and goes around, newbies probably haven't found the search buttons.

Yes there are some reasonable threads around but often they get derailed and disappera into off topic, insults, trolling etc.

I scan the last 24 houes of posts and look at things I might be interested in but with 23 pages over 24 hours I may only really read perhaps two posts a page and reply to less than that.

I think I need a break or weaning off TVF for a while.

You are completely WRONG.........hold on a minute and I will explain to you how it really is.

No wifey, I don't need food now biggrin.png

SC

My wife stopped drinking when she started expecting

SC

Did you expect you would start drinking when you found out she was expecting?

As has been said in other forums, Thai Visa has been moderated out of the interesting zone. Many of the better posters have either been banned or gone elsewwhere to impart their wisdom

Yes indeed. But not to forget: "Thai-Visa" is probably the most read forum concerning Thailand in general. Therefore, it is quite likely beeing scrutinized by "Thai- Authorities".

So the Mod's find themselves between a rock and a hard place. = To allow complete "Freedom of speach" (a natural fact in most countries of the west) would probably mean the end of "TV", Especially if it involves "political internal Thai happenings".

No, I will not adress the issue of corruption, Heaven forbid.

On the other hand, if eventually only questionings like: "Where can I get the cheapest Pizza along Sukhumvit road" remain allowed, this would probably also mean the end of TV.

Cheers.

• Like 1

OK , I'll go plant cabbages in the garden. That is surely a positive thing to do.

Your Russian eh. laugh.png

Russians don't buy cabbages and plant them back in the garden. That would not be logical. However planting an already existing thought on the forum will always be fruitful, negative or positive.wai.gif

Try 9 years plus smile.png

I've been through a few phases here...

1. Noob

2. Semi Noob

3. Bad Boy

4. Banned

5. Good boy

6. Moderator

7. Admin

8. Hibernated

9. Back and unsure of current phase....

I don't understand how a member still can have a life after reaching point 4 .

Or do you want to say that all mods and admins are actually banned members.

The X-files springs to mind.

In those days the banning was a 31 day holiday.

I went through a phase of over-using TV and logged on at work, helped start the Football forum and generally was an addict.

Then I hit the wall and pretty much didn't log on for 3 years or so.

It's changed many times and these days there are more trolls than before but it's still very good value thumbsup.gif

Try 9 years plus smile.png

I've been through a few phases here...

1. Noob

2. Semi Noob

3. Bad Boy

4. Banned

5. Good boy

6. Moderator

7. Admin

8. Hibernated

9. Back and unsure of current phase....

Gawd....I'm still on number 2! blink.png

Neh I reckon you're 3.5 Smokie smile.png

Edited by chonabot

Alternate, TV progression........

Noob

Feeling your feet

Getting chopsy

Argumentative know the players

Fight picking, smart arse

Banned

Revenge change ID

Pissed Off seen it all before

Bored

leave

Return sometime later because nosey and XXXX all on Tele

Seen it all before

Just lurk.

So you must have passed all the stages then biggrin.png

OP, have you been getting out and about the house lately? There is a beautiful world out there, waiting to be embraced by you! smile.png

OP, have you been getting out and about the house lately? There is a beautiful world out there, waiting to be embraced by you! smile.png

or possibly chop off your goolies.

• Like 1