Second Anti-Govt Rally Planned At Government House: Thailand

webfact

Well lets just put one issue to bed.. at least for now.

The venue holds 20,000 seats, it was stated as being nearly full.

estimates range from 6,000 to 50,000 lets have another educated guess.. if almost full then it's almost 20,000 !!

enough said !

So 18,000 - 20,000 would be a fair estimation then, on that basis?

Would not matter how you carve up any of those figures, for the population in Bangkok not to mention the country and persons who could have gotten to this venue, not to attend, it was a poor attendance.

It was a drop in the ocean, not a drop in the bucke, a drop in the ocean.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully this will lead to a democratic solution eh guys?

Any democratic solution at the moment will be anyway more democratic than what we have now.....

You heroes are not really an example of democracy

please elaborate, as that's a very vague comment.

Any democratic solution at the moment will be anyway more democratic than what we have now.....

Lets not lose sight of the fact, that the rally was allowed to take place, from what I see unimpeded, is one of the fundamental aspects of democracy.

However, there are a few holes in the rest of the way things run.

No real need to elaborate, the facts are there for all to see, very plainly!

No real need to elaborate, the facts are there for all to see, very plainly!

"no real need to elaborate".... ok, maybe let who i asked the question to give his answer now.

thanks. thumbsup.gif

Would not matter how you carve up any of those figures, for the population in Bangkok not to mention the country and persons who could have gotten to this venue, not to attend, it was a poor attendance.

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step

Yeah then when they had travelled 200 miles, they woke up they were in the desert, no water and died. Edited by OZEMADE

No need. Situation is self explanatory! Everyone can see

At long last, the seeds of discontent are starting to grow in numbers.

I hope they grow & have a good harvest, if as good as the rice crop then the government will be in trouble.

Are you hoping for more riots, airport seizures, military coups, corrupt political courts so the democrats can get back in?

I know they can't win an election but that is too extreme for me.

I don;t recollect the democrats or yellows causing any riots.... that's a trademark of the red shirts.

Why not have a fair vote and the losers vow to not riot or use the Army to nullify the outcome.

Yes I would agree to that if the voting was FAIR.. & impartial

but we all know from past experience that vote buying is rampant & the red lemmings too brainless to think for themselves.

Sore losers always dredge up the vote buying issue. It's no secret that both sides do it.

You do know the Army and Democrats were against international election observers?

I would think the side that keeps on losing elections, then complains would welcome scrutiny at the polls.

Face it, the ruling class is outnumbered and going extinct.

The majority of Thais have made it very clear who they want as PM.

So the full scale vote buying is OK, because you find a Democrat somewhere who also bought votes?

Fact is, if everyone loves Thaksin he wouldn't need to full scale buy votes. You saw a few by elections without vote buying in red areas.

Only a 30 % go for voting and the Democrats win. Just 30 % is almost as much disturbing as the vote buying.

If not the Shinawatras and his cronies and all the long term politicians are the ruling class than who?

I also recall that the Democrats wanted a tax for owner of big areas of land, specially if not cultivated. PTP doesn't want something like that.

So you should check if you really see who is doing something for the people and who is protecting the super rich.

Why not have a fair vote and the losers vow to not riot or use the Army to nullify the outcome.

Yes I would agree to that if the voting was FAIR.. & impartial

but we all know from past experience that vote buying is rampant & the red lemmings too brainless to think for themselves.

Sore losers always dredge up the vote buying issue. It's no secret that both sides do it.

You do know the Army and Democrats were against international election observers?

I would think the side that keeps on losing elections, then complains would welcome scrutiny at the polls.

So the full scale vote buying is OK, because you find a Democrat somewhere who also bought votes?

Fact is, if everyone loves Thaksin he wouldn't need to full scale buy votes. You saw a few by elections without vote buying in red areas.

Only a 30 % go for voting and the Democrats win. Just 30 % is almost as much disturbing as the vote buying.

If not the Shinawatras and his cronies and all the long term politicians are the ruling class than who?

I also recall that the Democrats wanted a tax for owner of big areas of land, specially if not cultivated. PTP doesn't want something like that.

So you should check if you really see who is doing something for the people and who is protecting the super rich.

Thaksin would never pay for a landslide.

Police estimated the crowd at 6,000

You mean Chalerm want us to believe that there were only 6000 people.

Besides his ear medicine, I think Chalerm should seriously consider an eye medicine, and possibly a brain medicine...........

Well, actually, retirement would be the best option

Yes ... a drop in the ocean, as was the attendance at all the other protests over the last 10 years. It seems some drops were worth more than others.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will lead to less corruption.

Ever heard of being democratically elected and ousted because of massive corruption?

Stealing billions is fine if you are elected right?

You understand democracy right?

Actually, even far less.

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm is quoted as saying he estimated the protesters at 1,500-2,000.

Edited by Buchholz

Actually, even far less.

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm is quoted as saying he estimated the protesters at 1,500-2,000.

The 10%'ers again.

Any rally/protest that the red shirts have is attended by 10% of what they say.

And they say that only 10% of the actual attendance were at any rally/protest that anyone else has

Actually, even far less.

A comforting feeling when you know that you can believe the Deputy Prime Minister in Charge of the Thai Police Force.

How can this country advance when a proven liar is in charge of upholding the law?

Edited by Nickymaster

Actually, even far less.

A comforting feeling when you know that you can believe the Deputy Prime Minister in Charge of the Thai Police Force.

How can this country advance when a proven liar is in charge of upholding the law?

Advancing the country is not on their agenda. The only thing they are interested in advancing is another multiple of digits on their bank account statements. And they are doing it quite well.

Edited by Pimay1

Ever heard of being democratically elected and ousted because of massive corruption?

Funnily enough, it happened to the Democrats during their tenure in the early 90's under Chuan Leekpai.

That was back when they claimed they were against military rule, but had extremely close ties to the Burmese military Junta.

• Like 1

Really, they made that clear? Is it clear that they want Yingluck as PM, or is it Thaksin? Or is it whoever promises the most handouts?

If I was the Thai government,ANY government I would not allow protestors to come even close to the government house. The elite cannot be trusted and before you know 20,000 idiot who are according other newspapers half that number would try to force their will on the millions that understand democracy and voted in elections. There is space enough elsewhere outside the line of sight from government house or parliament.

This scum has onlt one goal and that is misbehaving in order to get the army to step in and make Thailand an international pariah. The Thai Chinese do not care they do not care a damned thing other than they want to protect their financial and power interest and kiss up with the billionaires ruling China. China must be the ultimate example. A huge underclass that can be exploited and in the political top billionaires who can black out any news coverage and above all no elections.

It's strange that you're against 20,000 idiots now, but you support 100,000 idiots from 2010.

• Like 1

If I was the Thai government,ANY government I would not allow protestors to come even close to the government house. The elite cannot be trusted and before you know 20,000 idiot who are according other newspapers half that number would try to force their will on the millions that understand democracy and voted in elections. There is space enough elsewhere outside the line of sight from government house or parliament.

This scum has only one goal and that is misbehaving in order to get the army to step in and make Thailand an international pariah. The Thai Chinese do not care they do not care a damned thing other than they want to protect their financial and power interest and kiss up with the billionaires ruling China. China must be the ultimate example. A huge underclass that can be exploited and in the political top billionaires who can black out any news coverage and above all no elections.

Ah yes, The good old Thai Chinese, Sino Thais, movers and shakers, captains of Thai industry, of which Thaksin Shinawatra and his family and Abhisit Vejjajiva are all proud members of "this scum" to which you refer.

Most of the Peua Thai Party and Democrat parties consist of members with the dreaded Thai Chinese connection. Thaksin is the epitome of ELITE (jet set) in Thailand.

The brown skinned true Thais are divided in their love for TS.

• Like 2