Thai Army Chief Confirms No Coup

webfact

Thai military junta dictatorial coups are a thing of the past.

The Junta Dictators assault on peaceful demonstrators at Rachaprasong, before the very eyes of the watching , disbelieving, international democratic nations, made sure of that.

However, for the thai generals, International Criminal Court appearances, in The Hague, are a thing of the future.

Dream on! I think there is more chance of an American general appearing before the ICC than a Thai one. And, the Americans refuse to accept that any of their military are subject to non American courts!!

No way - - the coup WILL happen as there is now ay this bunch of scumbags will be voted out. How else do you think they can be removed?

Not that I care much who runs this country to ground, but...is THAT your idea of democracy and politics?

As long as the government is accountable to the military and not the other way around, Thailand cannot be called a democracy, which is more than simply placing ballots in a box.

True. But can you name any country in Asia that is really a democracy? Thailand is not as bad as some of the other countries. Many Western countries have seen declines in true civil liberties and democracy and moves towards a police state.

No way - - the coup WILL happen as there is now ay this bunch of scumbags will be voted out. How else do you think they can be removed?

Not that I care much who runs this country to ground, but...is THAT your idea of democracy and politics?

As long as the government is accountable to the military and not the other way around, Thailand cannot be called a democracy, which is more than simply placing ballots in a box.

True. But can you name any country in Asia that is really a democracy? Thailand is not as bad as some of the other countries. Many Western countries have seen declines in true civil liberties and democracy and moves towards a police state.

It is not the point, what is worse than Thailand.

This is Thailand...and it is very, very bad in some parts and with some thing...and those are discussed here!

We are not discussing the interior policies of Sudan, just because they are even worse....

If there was a coup,.. who on earth would they place in government,.. Thaksin, The Dems. The Reds,.. or just put PTP back in charge and say "sorry for the inconvenience,.. but we were getting a little confused and thought that a coup might help clear things up a bit!"

The decisive coup cannot happen yet.

However I think that the military/elite vs. Thaksin showdown is inevitable and it will plunge this country deeper into the abyss from which it will never recover.

Is that how it turns out on your xbox player?

I have been playing Mass Effect 3 recently.

It's set in a mythical universe where an evil entity is Hell bent on domination, enslavement and control.

It's right up your alley.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

However I think that the military/elite vs. Thaksin showdown is inevitable and it will plunge this country deeper into the abyss from which it will never recover.

It's set in a mythical universe where an evil entity is Hell bent on domination, enslavement and control.

Use the force Luke.......

It just seems as though it would be a vicious circle.

The current party is basically the same as the one in power when the last Coup happened. When democracy was restored they got voted in again. If there was a Coup the same cycle will surely happen.

No good can come from having a Coup.

• Like 1

i have that ready and waiting to play, great games. thumbsup.gif

Use the force Luke.......

.. and together ...

post-58-0-36811200-1351706107_thumb.jpg

i have that ready and waiting to play, great games. thumbsup.gif

it must be an age thing for people to think that playing an xbox is a slur somehow. wink.png

Have confidence in Thai people and their country.

It will take time to recover, but recover it will, in my opinion.

It's not hard to move up when your on the bottom of the heap. Just saying..

Have confidence in Thai people and their country.

It will take time to recover, but recover it will, in my opinion.

It's not hard to move up when your on the bottom of the heap. Just saying..

well kinda you're right, the red shirt people have been doing it, slowly but surely.

i wouldn't say it's not hard though.

Edited by nurofiend

Gleaned from another article:

Army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha warned Thailand’s rank and file soldiers Wednesday that they will face disciplinary action if they participate in any political rally.

Gleaned from this article:

Army Chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha said, ... General Boonlert Kaewprasit has the legal democratic right to ...protest against the government.

What a petal. Isn't that special?