Why Do You People Say "fortuna"?

thaicruze

Unless you come from an area of the world that rolls their "R's" it will always sound like Fortuna.

Even If I try to say it "normally" it comes out that way. How things are written and how they are pronounced is very often different.

I.E. Reading. Either in Pennsylvania or Berkshire.

Edited by VocalNeal

When I watch a USA news program, the announcers seem to take extra care to pronounce a foreign name or word with the proper and respective accent.

When I watch Thai news programs, they pronounce all foreign loan words with a Thai accent, such as "com PU teer"

Sorta like the Frank Sinatra song, "I Did it My Way..."

Opps, I meant Fran Sin AT raa smile.png

Edited by Lancelot

When I watch a USA news program, the announcers seem to take extra care to pronounce a foreign name or word with the proper and respective accent.

When I watch Thai news programs, they pronounce all foreign loan words with a Thai accent, such as "com PU teer"

That is because they don't see it as a foreign word but as a Thai word.

That is because they don't see it as a foreign word but as a Thai word.

I would disagree. Its more like they simply don't care.

But maybe all english words have Thai origins :)

But why do you WRITE it that way? It's Furtuner.

Furtuner?

If you are going to gripe about the way other people spell it, nail your own spelling first.

OK. It was ONE typo.

FORTUNER. Why can't you guys write FORTUNER. Fortuna is weird. I never know what you people are talking about.

But why do you WRITE it that way? It's Furtuner.

Furtuner?

If you are going to gripe about the way other people spell it, nail your own spelling first.

OK. It was ONE typo.

FORTUNER. Why can't you guys write FORTUNER. Fortuna is weird. I never know what you people are talking about.

Think you are taking your teaching job a bit to serious here. coffee1.gif

It's like you guys are in a ThaiVisa car club and you all say Fortuna just to be cool or something. I haven't read 1 post where someone writes "Fortuner".

It's on the back of the thing

2012-Toyota-Fortuner-rear.jpg

Even guys who bought one say "I just bought a Fortuna". Can we stop that please?

Edited by thaicruze

It's like you guys are in a ThaiVisa car club and you all say Fortuna just to be cool or something. I haven't read 1 post where someone writes "Fortuner".

Even guys who bought one say "I just bought a Fortuna". Can we stop that please?

You've not read any of my posts regarding a Fortuner then, eh. Naughty. coffee1.gif

How do you know they are saying tuna or tuner ?

Unless you come from an area of the world that rolls their "R's" it will always sound like Fortuna.

Even If I try to say Fortuner "normally" it comes out Fortuna. How things are written and how they are pronounced is very often different.

I.E. Reading. Either in Pennsylvania or Berkshire.