Parking At Airport Plaza

MartinBKK

Does anyone know what's going on at airport plaza? I just spent 30 mins looking for a place to park and had to give up and go home. I see they are building something at the far end so is this problem just temporary? It appears that the new building will take up a huge percentage of the old parking. I went on a Wednesday evening I can't imagine what it is going to be like on the weekend - avoid.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

you dont have much patience then!

I went yesterday and what I saw was as follows;

firstly as usual they are having some 3 day exhibition, I saw some stupid pathetic "show" with karaoke singers, dogs with shirts on; magicians producing white doves.....what a pile of ........

at the far end of the car park, and nothing to do with central, they are building i think a home works/home pro sounds like a diy store.they only have the structure up so there will be no vehicles to make a difference.

In the car park leading from the bike park into the robinsons perfumery (wellworth a weekly visit), under the building, they are re wiring something or other so that whole area is cleared while they carry out the works. so I guess its staff that park here and have found alternative places.

my advice go on a bike and dump it anywhere

Also, Wednesday night is promo night at the cinema, buy one get one free for certain mobile phone operators, or is it discounts for everybody? Can't remember, but the new Bond film is out as well.

Busy busy for a reason!

Parking has been a disaster -- so much so that I will not shop at Airport Central nor attend a movie there -- and I'm not the only one saying the same -- how much business is being lost? Much of the lost parking for a couple of weeks was due to whatever the playground was at the back -- not a time for that -- never a time for that until that center has sufficient parking to accommodate both shoppers and employees.

you dont have much patience then!

I went yesterday and what I saw was as follows;

firstly as usual they are having some 3 day exhibition, I saw some stupid pathetic "show" with karaoke singers, dogs with shirts on; magicians producing white doves.....what a pile of ........

at the far end of the car park, and nothing to do with central, they are building i think a home works/home pro sounds like a diy store.they only have the structure up so there will be no vehicles to make a difference.

In the car park leading from the bike park into the robinsons perfumery (wellworth a weekly visit), under the building, they are re wiring something or other so that whole area is cleared while they carry out the works. so I guess its staff that park here and have found alternative places.

my advice go on a bike and dump it anywhere

And because you go to a parking lot for a sight seeing tour he has no patience.

Not sure I follow your logic.

Edited by hellodolly

Parking has been a disaster -- so much so that I will not shop at Airport Central nor attend a movie there -- and I'm not the only one saying the same -- how much business is being lost?

Not much, still full with Thai people browsing, shopping, eating and the Skyfall cinemas were packed.....maybe others too.

Where do you attend your movies now?

• Like 2

re.

Parking has been a disaster

and the the back bike park is as bad : (

they have got some old covers from somewhere and filled about a

quarter of the bike park with them now the rainy season has almost

ended ! ... wheres the sense in that ?

dave2

post-42592-0-43014200-1352338469_thumb.j

post-42592-0-35432400-1352338549_thumb.j

• Like 1

Last evening (wed) took a lot of driving around to find a spot to park the car. At least 20 minutes. We like Sizzler and don't know where another is in CM. We live in Hang Dong and N.CM is just too far to travel for a meal.

Last evening (wed) took a lot of driving around to find a spot to park the car. At least 20 minutes. We like Sizzler and don't know where another is in CM. We live in Hang Dong and N.CM is just too far to travel for a meal.

Second Sizzler is at KSK. Parking there is just as bad.

kardsuankeaw.gif

Edited by khwaibah

It`s easy.

Just wait until all these people have lost patience with trying to park and decide to shop somewhere else, than there will be plenty of free parking spaces.

If they haven't lost patience up to now, what makes you think they will in the future?

Yeah, Airport Central, poorly designed entrances and exits that create a jam all over that intersection on weekends. I rarely ever go there if avoidable and certainly under no circumstances on a weekend, sometimes they will even have a band out the back losing a fair chunk of the parking, billiant idea that one. They spent all that money redoing it all and still made a mess of the parking.

If the same Engineers and architects have designed the new malls then they will be just as bad, they seem to design with the Thai penchant for parking anywhere with the car in neutral in mind. Speaking of which often see that at the airport, plenty of spaces available but cars in neutral all over the first row, seems taking a few extra steps is not an option.

• Like 1

they have got some old covers from somewhere and filled about a

quarter of the bike park with them now the rainy season has almost

ended ! ... wheres the sense in that ?

dave2

Actually I was happy to see it.

Now if I go for lunch, when I come out I dont have to burn my butt

for the first few minutes on the bike.

I guess if I had a bigger butt it would make a better heat sink but

as it stands ( or sit in this case )

now it takes me till past the intersection to finally have feeling return :D

have been to airport plaza twice this week and though i agree car parking is restricted,with the building of the new home pro store,i had no proplem parking my car,a little patience is a virtue,people do complain over very trival things.

For many it makes there day. It is the high lite of there day.

That is of course when they don't have a hamburger thread to follow.

Which reminds me I had a great one at pickles today.

• Like 1

With 30% less parking and a new store hoping (presumably) to attract a bunch more customers the parking problems will be awful all the time and not just at the weekends. If I were a tenant with a big investment in the mall proper I'd be furious.

With 30% less parking and a new store hoping (presumably) to attract a bunch more customers the parking problems will be awful all the time and not just at the weekends. If I were a tenant with a big investment in the mall proper I'd be furious.

Yes,If were a tenant with a big investment I would much prefer to see empty car parks.