payak

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust anyone, full stop. thumbsup.gif

Sad for you.

Yes indeed, sadly my life's encounters have made me this way. sad.png

You are forced to trust some people whether you like it or not. The pilot who flies your plane, the driver of your bus, a surgeon who performs an operation, the cook who prepares your food etc. The list is endless.

If you cant trust the Missus 100% then whats the point in being with her? A life of paranoia and watching over you shoulder to me is not a life at all. There are plenty of trustworthy Thai girls and if you don't have one, take yours back to where you found her an find another. Life's too short.

I agree 100%.

Sad for you.

Yes indeed, sadly my life's encounters have made me this way. sad.png

You are forced to trust some people whether you like it or not. The pilot who flies your plane, the driver of your bus, a surgeon who performs an operation, the cook who prepares your food etc. The list is endless.

Different kind of trust, your quoted are not personal as in wife etc.
  • Like 1

I've never had a lady (and there's been a few) rip me off in my life, have I been lucky or just a good judge of character. I'd like to think it's the latter.

Both perhaps. As we get older we do change, men and women. Anyone who has been married to someone for many years knows what l mean.
  • Like 1

If you cant trust the Missus 100% then whats the point in being with her? A life of paranoia and watching over you shoulder to me is not a life at all. There are plenty of trustworthy Thai girls and if you don't have one, take yours back to where you found her an find another. Life's too short.

I agree 100%.

+1 Would never dream of marrying anyone I didn't trust.

Absolutely trust her as much as anyone can trust another human being. 100% trust? I think not possible ever, faith maybe.

Mother?

Father?

Brother or Sister?

smile.png

All human too as far as I am aware. None have ever let me down, but saying that, it could all change tomorrow, unlikely but possible.

Sad for you.

Why sad? In Thailand, I think it is a prudent position. This doesn't mean one has to be nasty, or cheap, or cruel etc. Rather not trusting someone can act to protect a loved one. My father didn;t trust any of his kids with an advance on their inheritance because he was afraid it would get pisssed away. I think it was a poor decision with me, but a prudent one with my brothers. My soon to be ex was always coming up with hare brained investments and always getting conned out of money by people she trusted and thought she was helping out. I decided after the 2nd fiasco not to trust on important money issues. The last brilliant investment idea would have seen me put up 10 million baht to purchase apartments to rent. Without a viable business plan, I might as well have walked out on Bangla and thrown the cash up in the air.

Yes I trust my wife as she trusts me. Happily married despite the different age, culture differences and opinions. Don't always agree on things but usually there is a compromise once we talk things through to make surewe inderstand each other.

I agree with others, that if you don't tust your partner, then finish it and try to find someone you can trust or your life could be intolerable.

Again I think a topic which will inevitably bring out all the negativity from those who have been misled,hurt, cheated on, or made bad decisions etc. So don't expect the civility to last too long.

I think there is a huge difference between trust and BLIND trust. I have a friend right now who is being who is being taken advantage of and he doesn't know it. I'm not saying anything.

Some years back, a wise American said "Trust but verify".

I know the score on this point. I've seen lots of overseas men meet their "darlings" on dating sites or in tourist bars or tourist joints, and they have no idea as to the girl's real "background".

Like you so wisely imply, BLIND trust is folly.

After the disaster that was my marriage, i grew a beard, as a reminder not to trust any woman.

Soon as i was on my merry way in Thailand i met a nice, clever lady who persuaded me to shave my chin.

After the disaster that was that relationship, the distrust was so sharply carved in my soul, that i'm flabbergasted whenever i discover that my girl friend is telling me the truthblink.png

• Like 2

After the disaster that was my marriage, i grew a beard, as a reminder not to trust any woman.

Soon as i was on my merry way in Thailand i met a nice, clever lady who persuaded me to shave my chin.

After the disaster that was that relationship, the distrust was so sharply carved in my soul, that i'm flabbergasted whenever i discover that my girl friend is telling me the truthblink.png

That is SO true. These days, I'm often genuinely shocked when I realize that my GF is completely honest.

• Like 1

All "Love & Hate" relationships,, we love them , they hate being poor........thumbsup.gif

(wait for it..........my wife's not poor she's hi-so chinese, owns 3 companies and has 5 degrees and " loadsa money" in her own right)

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

mmmm.i think its like love , some people fall in love just looking at someone , so with love comes trust , unless they do something to ruin it .

my wife trusted me 100% as she is a manager with ford and didn't have a man for 10 years , then we met , she helped me and loved me and trusted me ,

you dont earn trust , trust should be there from the start , and then if he/she ruins it the is trust is gone . you cant start a relationship not really trusting your lady , if you think this way go find someone else find someone you and , if you love then trust will be there, she has to feel the same also

The only thing I dont trust my wife to do, is unplug me when the time comes.

Her head has been filled with religious mumbo jumbo and respect for doctors.

She is gradually coming to grips with the religious side of things, and now realizes doctors arent Gods, and hospitals are nothing more than money making machines.

Yes again trusting not to lie and steal is one thing, trusting them to be smart about finances is another or even to be punctual for an appointment.

To me only the former aspect is a bottom-line deal-breaker, the rest may or may not improve over time with education.

• Like 1

mmmm.i think its like love , some people fall in love just looking at someone , so with love comes trust , unless they do something to ruin it .

my wife trusted me 100% as she is a manager with ford and didn't have a man for 10 years , then we met , she helped me and loved me and trusted me ,

you dont earn trust , trust should be there from the start , and then if he/she ruins it the is trust is gone . you cant start a relationship not really trusting your lady , if you think this way go find someone else find someone you and , if you love then trust will be there, she has to feel the same also

Oh God. NO NO NO.

so with love comes trust

NO.

You should write: with "trust" comes "love". It's the other way round. Get a grip on yourself, man.

Edited by SiameseCurios

I think there is a huge difference between trust and BLIND trust. I have a friend right now who is being who is being taken advantage of and he doesn't know it. I'm not saying anything.

I know the score on this point. I've seen lots of overseas men meet their "darlings" on dating sites or in tourist bars or tourist joints, and they have no idea as to the girl's real "background".

Like you so wisely imply, BLIND trust is folly.

Background? Do you do background checks on people? Are you the CIA?

Girls are girls are girls. If you can't find out about someone through communication and instincts you deserve what you get. I have never been out with anyone that I needed to find out their background to give me judgement.

• Like 2

i think its not to hard to judge a girls past, look at her family.

her behaviour, the company she keeps, do you catch many white lies, is she greedy.

most sighns are there but many choose either to ignore them or hope they will change because they fear losing her, even if she is trash for someone with low self esteem it may be scary to lose her.

to the best of my knowledge Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (later "Lenin") was not an American wink.png

• Like 1

The Basis of any marriage is Trust. With out it it's not a marriage it is an arrangement.

If I did not trust my wife Ii would certainly not be married to her.

What about getting married to protect your parental rights over your children?

And if you don't intend to have children, why would you ever get married!

Which is exactly what I have (not) done, completely trust my 'wife' we have been together 16 years and are not married, I learned from others' mistakes, had a vasectomy when I was 35, figred if I hadn't hd kids by then, it wasn't meant to be, so made sure there weren't any 'accidents'...........I simply don't believe in the Institution of Marriage - it has become a cash cow for a lot of women, and I am sure some men as well. Wh needs a piece of paper and a ring, hell, I have bought her enough rings for all her fingers and toes in 16 years. We have friends that were mnaried and divorced twice since we have ben together, so as for the opriginal question - Yes, I trust my wife, just am not married to her in the traditional sense. We own property together, joint bank accounts, beneficiary on each others insurance - Okay, I paid for hr policy, but why have insurance on only one member of the family - as for Kids????? Who needs them, there are plenty of kids in the world without parents, If I have a hankering for kids, I'll just go out and buy one.clap2.gifclap2.gif