Trusting The Wife

payak

how many here have absolute trust in there wife.

this is not an attack on anyone so lets keep it civil for 5 minutes.

Has you partner or wife truly earned it, or does she do things that leave you wondering every other day.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i've been with mine for 6 years now, still not married though. We've been through thick and thin, and had our own groups of friends back at home.

She wouldn't be secretive in anyway, a the start it was a bit hard just because i've had bad experiences with other past gfs but if i called her whilst she was out she would answer, we have each others facebook password, we would know all of one another's friends, there was no such thing as hanging out or going out with random people we had just met. And as time passed it became second nature to just communicate with one another honestly and most importantly effectively especially when you fight.

I think if your in it for the long haul it is both your responsibilities to make sure that the other one has no doubt in your actions and feel secure within your realtionship. Trust doesn't come overnight, it is something that is earned through actions and time and if broken it can take forever to get back.

• Like 2

You have to define your terms more specifically.

I have had a high degree of trust in all my long-term and/or live-in partners in the sense that I know they won't steal from me, and only lie in the normal social ways (you so hansum 8-).

However trust them to be mature and have common sense, be able to make important life decisions wisely?

I don't know many people I trust like that full-stop, and don't require those qualities in a partner - in fact they are very very rarely found in conjunction with the qualities I do prefer.

Once in a while a rare one does come through and surprises me though, a couple have even ended up relatively financially secure (from nothing) without depending on men to support them.

1 Trust her not to shag another guy?

2 Trust her not to kick me out of the house I just bought in her name?

3 Trust her not to steal all my loose change?

4 Trust her not to forge my signature and empty my bank account?

5 Trust her not to kill me for inheritance/anger?

What trust are we talking about?

My answers

1 Not bothered, up to her.

2 Not daft enough to buy a house in someone else's name.

3 All Thai ladies do that.

4 She wouldn't do that.

5 If the mood took her.

The Basis of any marriage is Trust. With out it it's not a marriage it is an arrangement.

If I did not trust my wife Ii would certainly not be married to her.

What about getting married to protect your parental rights over your children?

And if you don't intend to have children, why would you ever get married!

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I think there is a huge difference between trust and BLIND trust. I have a friend right now who is being who is being taken advantage of and he doesn't know it. I'm not saying anything.

Some years back, a wise American said "Trust but verify".

The Basis of any marriage is Trust. With out it it's not a marriage it is an arrangement.

For various reasons children were not in our scheme for the future. However my lady was paranoid about returning to the poverty and deprivation that she was born into. No matter how much I told her 'roi pee', her fears lingered. I kept my word that, if after a year we were still content with each other, then we would marry. In so doing I hooked her into the UK social security system so that many financial benefits will accrue to her, including a single person's UK State Pension when I snuff it. Being married means that she will have the wherewithal to enjoy her old age and I will have continued to support her after I have gone. It is the very least that I can do to reward the love, concern and understanding that she has afforded me for the past 11 years. For the present, I think that being married to a farang gives her status with her friends and acquaintances, something that goes down well with Thai people.

• Like 1

3 Trust her not to steal all my loose change?

-----

3 All Thai ladies do that.

<deleted>? You know better than that don't you? In my experience, given brought up traditional upcountry girls with no previous exposure to the usual farang-Thai scenes?

Very very rarely a problem.

That's actually one of my very early on tests with a new one, leave money around as the forgetful old man that I am, and even 20 baht gone out they go back to Nakhon Nowhere.

Very few succumb to that temptation.

Of course they've received the full-on stern lecture defining how important I consider honesty and personal integrity in my partners, the fact that breaking such is 100% gonna break the deal, and most importantly giving in explicit detail the farang definition of those terms and how they may contrast with common practice among people with bad habits here.

• Like 1

I think there is a huge difference between trust and BLIND trust. I have a friend right now who is being who is being taken advantage of and he doesn't know it. I'm not saying anything.

Some years back, a wise American said "Trust but verify".

Think there are many people who know guys being taken advantage of or know of things going on he does not know about but dont tell. So these guys if got asked would undoubtably say "yes trust her implicatly, practically joined at the hip, soul mates etc, could not be happiier. Trust her with bank books, facebook, internet etc".

So NO if i had one would not.

If you got married some one you don't trust to protect your parental rights , or any other interests tor that matter, then as I said it is an arrangement not a real marriage.

This is not a judgement call, It is simply an observation .there are many good reasons why some one might get in to an "arrangement"

Edited by sirineou