Cracked Me Up, The First Time She Came To My Country...

krisb

When I first came to Thailand, I quickly understood that there were no Zebras in Thailand.

When my gf was chatting with another members gf in Australia ... they both agreed that they could not believe that there were so many Zebras in Australia.

That cars actually stopped for people to cross at the 'Zebra Crossing' ... never do like this in Thailand!

Very true. My GF is still not used to cars actually stopping at the crossing

• Like 1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife used to love going to Stockton Beach (near Newcastle) for day trips to collect pippis - could not get her head around the limit of number of pippis to be collected, especially when a council guy said she had to discard the extras she had collected.

What the hell are pippis???

A shellfish containing 90% sand and 10% meat

When I first came to Thailand, I quickly understood that there were no Zebras in Thailand.

When my gf was chatting with another members gf in Australia ... they both agreed that they could not believe that there were so many Zebras in Australia.

That cars actually stopped for people to cross at the 'Zebra Crossing' ... never do like this in Thailand!

I had to persuade mine that she had to stop when she first started driving in the UK.

• Like 1

I had to persuade mine that she had to stop when she first started driving in the UK.

laugh.png

>Cracked me up, but I understand where she is coming from, the Hills Hoist is an Aussie invention

What cracked me up is that the Aussies lay claim to this "invention"! Surely any nation on earth could invent such a thing?

Aviation's black box, penicillin, the bionic ear are a bit more significant it's true.

Hey it's got a tiny population, they take their national pride wherever they can.

• Like 1

>Cracked me up, but I understand where she is coming from, the Hills Hoist is an Aussie invention

What cracked me up is that the Aussies lay claim to this "invention"! cheesy.gif Surely any nation on earth could invent such a thing?

They could have, but didn't. It's like saying any nation could have invented gunpowder.

• Like 1

What cracked me up is that the Aussies lay claim to this "invention"! cheesy.gif Surely any nation on earth could invent such a thing?

They could have, but didn't. It's like saying any nation could have invented gunpowder.

Chinese invented gunpowder. Hills hoist was invented by an Australian. Mr Hill. The rotary clothesline was patented by an Australian.

So Hah!....Im right your wrong, I win you loose.

The whole family was installed in and around the poolhouse, teerak gets bored (no sunbathing for her!) and she goes poking around back in the garden sheds. Squeals of delight when she finds a stash of fishing rods, grabs a few slices of bacon out of the fridge and off she goes, spends most of the next two weeks fishing up at the family pond and lived mostly on the tiny "trash fish" she caught. Found a place in the nearby city with lots of SE refugees to buy Thai herbs and spices, ingredients for som tam. Happy as a pig in shit, decided she could survive in farangland after all 8-)

And OT I know Aussies are proud of Mr's Hill's invention, but recently I saw a series of Mickey Mouse cartoons from the early 30's where something very similar was featured. Comments?

Had one of these in 1950 in Canada.

They were in every backyard in Denmark in the seventies. I think they're considered kitsch now, at least you dont' see them anymore.

What cracked me up is that the Aussies lay claim to this "invention"! Surely any nation on earth could invent such a thing?

Chinese invented gunpowder. Hills hoist was invented by an Australian. Mr Hill. The rotary clothesline was patented by an Australian.

I think you misunderstood.

You missed the point entirely. It's lose BTW.

one morning taking the wife to work, we went past a chemist at about 0830, "why all those people wait for the chemist, is there a special sale?", looking at a few familiar faces in the line up, no dear it is the done (methadone) clinic, puzzled look, explanation of methadone clinics followed,then of course, "in thailand" speech.

Went to my wifes best freinds house in Grimsby (England) and she noted that Aye was still very dark skinned even though she had been in Blighty for a year.

My wife returned from the bathroom holding a jar of makeup cream and said to her mate "not all makeup same as Thialand, this one for tanning not whitening"

My ex wanted to go to a beauty salon and I suggested there was one just across the road.

It was a tanning salon. "Farang woman pay to get tan???" "and some men too" I laughed at her expressions of disbelief.

She knew that foreigners often liked to get sun tans at the beach or swimming pools but for here there was no way that there were machines for that and that people actually paid for the service.

We had to go there and get her to see the machines. The very kind lady in charge confirmed what I was saying (and had a good laugh about it too)

• Like 1

Went to my wifes best freinds house in Grimsby (England) and she noted that Aye was still very dark skinned even though she had been in Blighty for a year.

My wife returned from the bathroom holding a jar of makeup cream and said to her mate "not all makeup same as Thialand, this one for tanning not whitening"

My ex wanted to go to a beauty salon and I suggested there was one just across the road.

It was a tanning salon. "Farang woman pay to get tan???" "and some men too" I laughed at her expressions of disbelief.

She knew that foreigners often liked to get sun tans at the beach or swimming pools but for here there was no way that there were machines for that and that people actually paid for the service.

We had to go there and get her to see the machines. The very kind lady in charge confirmed what I was saying (and had a good laugh about it too)

This picture is from Koh Samui.

I wonder why it didn't work.

This picture is from Koh Samui.

I wonder why it didn't work.

No wonder that it was "No Appointment Necessary" biggrin.png

• Like 1

Kids back home play with fuzzy bears. My teerak literally sprinted pell-mell screaming at the top of her lungs to 50m away when she saw one crawling along the back of a chair during a family BBQ.

Took twenty minutes to persuade her to return wide-eyed white and shaking, and she never took another step outdoors without scanning every second with more high-alert full-360 situational awareness than a Delta Force scout in Medellin.

My aussie wife (yes I've had a thing for farmer's daughters all my life) was the same way about snakes, but at least that I understood from her stories about childhood trauma. . .

Never did figure out why the woolly bears hold even more terror than the phi krasue. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Reminds me of the first possom my wife saw outside the back door... ...thought it was a cute fluffy cat. To her horror it was promptly dispatched and plucked. When I explained that the fur at the time was $150 /Kg she didnt have a problem with it. lol

Must be a kiwi eh!

Wouldn't that be "skinned" rather than "plucked"?

Reminds me of the first possom my wife saw outside the back door... ...thought it was a cute fluffy cat. To her horror it was promptly dispatched and plucked. When I explained that the fur at the time was $150 /Kg she didnt have a problem with it. lol

Must be a kiwi eh!

Afraid so... no protetion for your cute marsupials here :P

Wouldn't that be "skinned" rather than "plucked"?

The fur is plucked from the animal while it is still warm.. It slips from the pelt easily before regamortis sets in. 20 to 25 animals yield about 1 Kg of fur

No, I think it was a spelling mistake and he is talking about deviant sexual acts with dead marsupials. biggrin.png

No spelling mistake... the only thing that fornicated with said possom was the .22 tongue.png