Renting A House Udon Thani

kirkieb

Am currently in the process of relocating from Australia to Udon Thani. Have been and seen the place and my wife and I love it.. We are seeking a rental house up to 15000 Baht per month where our dogs are allowed. Im retired soldeir so have a good pension for life and want a quality of life not found in Australia anymore.

My wife is back in Thailand doing a recce and will be up in Udon in the next week or so after visiting the rellies in Kalasin. Anyone know of any nice places coming on to the market preferably not in the centre of town but surrounding areas of Udon.

Kindest regards

Kirkie

Thanks I keep doing that also but they either dont respond to emails or property is long gone well before the listing is removed. But thanks for help

Brad

Brad

I found the same problem when I moved back to Thailand last year. Best thing to do is find a cheap comfortable hotel and spend some time driving around the moo baans looking for places. You will eventually find something. We looked for a few weeks and got one to rent for heaps cheaper than your budget but then again it was in Ubon Ratchathani.

Good luck from another ex-digger living over here on the military pensions

Carl

Thanks I keep doing that also but they either dont respond to emails or property is long gone well before the listing is removed. But thanks for help

Brad

Brad

I found the same problem when I moved back to Thailand last year. Best thing to do is find a cheap comfortable hotel and spend some time driving around the moo baans looking for places. You will eventually find something. We looked for a few weeks and got one to rent for heaps cheaper than your budget but then again it was in Ubon Ratchathani.

Good luck from another ex-digger living over here on the military pensions

Carl

Hi Brad,

Can I please offer the same advice as Carl in finding temporary accommodation first and then physically search around your preferred area. Udon Thani has greater choices than does Ubon, believe me; I've lived in both.

Chris

Hey Chris

Think thats great advise. Wife is over there now so was really looking for something to sink her teeth into until I get over there but I think its not worth it and will do as you say and get there first and work on looking for somewhere. If you all had advise where is a good area with maybe some fitness access and dog friendly places where are some better places to live within the Muang of Udon Thani. Have some friends on the outskirts 20 minutes out of town and they seem happy enough. Nothing fancy simple guy looking to find somewhere nice and quiet but accessable

Kirkieb,

I agree wholeheartedly with the advice of getting temporary accommodation and then looking around.

I would recommend Kinaree Apartments as very good accommodation whilst you look around. 4,500 - 7,000 baht a month gets you from a bedsit with bath and kitchen to a 1 bed apartment. Downstairs is a good restaurant selling western and Thai food, a bar, 2 pool tables and 4 large screen tv's showing most sports. The beer and house spirits are sold at Thai prices ie 60b large local beer and 50 baht for a vodka.

Lots of other westerners to talk to and pump for info on houses. The owners Thep and Ae are also quite influential in Udon and are usually willing to help out with officialdom and recommend lawyers etc. The major downside is that it is out by the airport so transport of some kind is needed. A samlor to central Udon is about 80 baht and takes 10 minutes or so.

I lived there for a year before finding my own place

There are guys on both Udon centric forums above who are looking to rent houses.

If you fancy a beer when you get here PM me,.

Good luck