Man Hides From Thug Who Murders His Mother: Chonburi

webfact

Man Hides From Thug Who Murders His Mother

A criminal nicknamed White King invaded a house to shoot a man he had a dispute with. But instead the Thai thug shot and killed the man’s 63-year-old mother as she lay in her bed in the darkened bedroom. Police are hunting for the murderer.

CHONBURI – November 10, 2012 [PDN]: at 2:45 a.m., a report of a fatal shooting at a house was received by Pol. Col. Surapong Thaiprasert, director of Muang Chonburi police station. He rushed to inspect the scene with police forces.

The shooting occurred at house number 694 thor, room number 64, Makhamyong, soi Sermsanti, Muang, Chounburi. At the scene, police found the body of the victim, identified as Mrs. Ornanong Hommala, age 63. She was shot in the forehead with an 11 mm bullet.

Police questioned her son, Mr. Tianchai Hommala, age 41, who is self-employed. Mr. Tianchai told police that he had got into a quarrel with a local thug named King. He did not know the thug’s real name, but his alias was “White King.”

Full story: http://www.pattayada...ers-his-mother/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-11-12

footer_n.gif

Total proof that this is no longer a third world country. Otherwise a rock would have been used ! So sad that so many resort to violence to settle disputes. There should be a better way, and I would suggest something like the very successful "Small Claims Court" as used in U.S.A. which is free, speedy, and civilised.

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.
  • Like 1

Total proof that this is no longer a third world country. Otherwise a rock would have been used ! So sad that so many resort to violence to settle disputes. There should be a better way, and I would suggest something like the very successful "Small Claims Court" as used in U.S.A. which is free, speedy, and civilised.

You are more than flattering in your comment "total proof that this is no longer a third world country" when the reality is that has not yet (not ever) reached that exalted level.

Sure... according to the newest statistics of UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime), the average homicide rate in the US is 4.8 / 100K (2010), same as in Thailand in 2011... so where is the success again of that small claims court???

• Like 1

Sure... according to the newest statistics of UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime), the average homicide rate in the US is 4.8 / 100K (2010), same as in Thailand in 2011... so where is the success again of that small claims court???

Total proof of the blatant ignorance and arrogance of some really. When we look a little further, it's amusing to think of taking this kind of person to small claims court after apparently pistol whipping a few people while looking for the guy. Certainly Elliot Ness should have been serving Al Capone with a writ for small claims court and shown the dago how more civilized the US is.wai2.gif
  • Like 1

I have heard /read somewhere that Thailand has the highest murder rate in South-east Asia. Is this correct or just a slur?

wild wild west, live in amazing thailand

Wild East rather, in some respects. But then again, a murder incident like this would not even have been reported in certain cities or countries in the west, as this happens to many times over there. Not newsworthy.

I have heard /read somewhere that Thailand has the highest murder rate in South-east Asia. Is this correct or just a slur?

I haven't heard that. Please provide the source.

And let's compare that to some statistics in some western countries.

take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

According to this site: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms your statistics are wrong.

Twice as many people are killed in Thailand, with total gun control (LOL), than in the USA, were many states have no gun control.

Alaska & Arizona for example have no restrictions, even for concealed handguns.- any adult may be armed, yet gun crimes are low..

take a look at http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

From my exerience of dealing with the Thai Statistics Office, you cannot compare Thailand statistics as the figures are certainly incorrect. For instance the population of Bangkok was put at around 6 Million by them in 1997 when I worked on the Bangkok Solid Waste Master Plan. Whereas I found the true population to be around 17 million. This is because they do not count people who were not born in Bangkok and/or do not own property here, even if they have lived and worked here for most of their lives. The population now is given at around 8 million yet is more likely to be nearer 18 million now.

Similarly the murder statistics tend to be fudged as there is a tendency to write off the death as something else i.e:

Death by misadventure: Got in the way of a gun/Upset Poo Yai/Singing too long or hogging the mic. at the Karaoke

Suicide: Murder changed to "Worst case of suicide this week" for instance years ago they found the body of a man in a locked suitcase hanging from a pier in Naklua (reported as a

suicide). Since the advent of high rise condos there have been many cases of suicides reported due to falling from high rises, how many were really murder?

Natural Death: In 1993 a friend came to Pattaya with a 26 year old friend of his and they hired motorbikes. His friend ran down an old woman who walked out in the road in front of him without warning. It was not his fault and the woman died. He told me that he was going to go back and I warned him, that based on previous experience, he could be murdered if he returned but he did not listen to me. Sure enough, his body was found in his hotel room and the police reported it as a heart attack (at the age of 26).

Accidental Death: The machine gun accidentally went off when cleaning it in the restaurant.

Crime of Passion: Returned home from the Mia Noi's to find Wife in bed with another man/Tom Boy, or found wife on Facebook/Skype/YM chatting with another man "I only have you

darling please send me B30,000". Resulting in accidental death caused by being stabbed 50 times.

You can probably multiply the Thai statistic by a factor of 3 or more to reach the real murder rate in Thailand.

• Like 1

Easy - Thailand is #3, behind South Africa and Columbia - oviously "GUN CONTRO" has no effect on gun crime - http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms

take a look at http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

From my exerience of dealing with the Thai Statistics Office, you cannot compare Thailand statistics as the figures are certainly incorrect. For instance the population of Bangkok was put at around 6 Million by them in 1997 when I worked on the Bangkok Solid Waste Master Plan. Whereas I found the true population to be around 17 million. This is because they do not count people who were not born in Bangkok and/or do not own property here, even if they have lived and worked here for most of their lives. The population now is given at around 8 million yet is more likely to be nearer 18 million now.

Similarly the murder statistics tend to be fudged as there is a tendency to write off the death as something else i.e:

Death by misadventure: Got in the way of a gun/Upset Poo Yai/Singing too long or hogging the mic. at the Karaoke

Suicide: Murder changed to "Worst case of suicide this week" for instance years ago they found the body of a man in a locked suitcase hanging from a pier in Naklua (reported as a

suicide). Since the advent of high rise condos there have been many cases of suicides reported due to falling from high rises, how many were really murder?

Natural Death: In 1993 a friend came to Pattaya with a 26 year old friend of his and they hired motorbikes. His friend ran down an old woman who walked out in the road in front of him without warning. It was not his fault and the woman died. He told me that he was going to go back and I warned him, that based on previous experience, he could be murdered if he returned but he did not listen to me. Sure enough, his body was found in his hotel room and the police reported it as a heart attack (at the age of 26).

Accidental Death: The machine gun accidentally went off when cleaning it in the restaurant.

Crime of Passion: Returned home from the Mia Noi's to find Wife in bed with another man/Tom Boy, or found wife on Facebook/Skype/YM chatting with another man "I only have you

darling please send me B30,000". Resulting in accidental death caused by being stabbed 50 times.

You can probably multiply the Thai statistic by a factor of 3 or more to reach the real murder rate in Thailand.

I was going to write something very similar. Living in the village in Isaan, I learn things about neighbours, for example the friendly Katoey next door went to prison for murdering an Australian, the lady down the road, as the whole village knows, murdered her Swiss legal husband because she was drunk and screwing around and he didn't like it... a lot of other stuff, I never heard so much Wild West stuff in my life.