Thai Women And Jealousy

jaideeguy

A couple of days ago my Thai wife [of 12 yrs] was looking over my shoulder at my email and noticed a Thai woman's name as a sender and it thru her into an insane jealous fit. I tried to explain the innocence of the email, as it was from a business contact, and even my son backed me up on it, but that wouldn't satisfy her and I realized that she just wouldn't let go of it, so I did what I normally do when she has a 'fit' and shut down and stopped conversation.

I could mention other similar jealousy events, but I'll spare you........

BTW......she was on the first day of her menstruation, but this has happened on other occasions when there was no blood involved.

She did sleep it off and apologized in the morning, but I had a terrible night's sleep and had a lot of negative thoughts bouncing around my head.....considering leaving etc. I'm getting too old for dramas!!

My questions are why are Asian women so dam_n jealous [and mostly for a non event]??

Is it their way of showing that they love you??

Insecurities??

Possessiveness??

Or something I am missing??

This is not a gender or racial put down, so please keep your guns in your holsters girls. I just want to know why and if other spouses have experienced the same......and please everyone let this be a civil discussion so it won't get shut down, OK??

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting, but it seems to be quite a common occurrence. I have to work a lot with female colleagues, and so get calls, emails and have meetings. This at times seems to cause a few Jealousy issues with the missus, particularly in the case of one colleague who works in my office. I have had on a number of occasion had to explain that thee is nothing going on, but it still seems to get mentioned every month or so.

I personally think it comes down to their weak status... lack of social security if they would be on their own again and mostly lack of own assets as well... so mostly I think it is fear of being left alone and not being cared for anymore...

And it does not take much... a mail from the wrong person in your case... not immediately picking up the phone when she calles... calling her 5 minutes later than promised... coming home later than expected (by her, even if you said nothing)...

And there she goes and blows...

• Like 1

Don't stay and listen to the insanity, you can't do anything about it.

I just go out on my own for the evening and come back late (and drunk).

It's all over by then.

Lightweight ..one evening? has to be at least three!

• Like 1

I agree they are jealous little things.

Something my dear old Grandma taught me to a happy marriage was 'never go to sleep angry at each other. '

Its been a wise tip by a wise old lady that was married for over 70 years.

• Like 2

I personally think it comes down to their weak status... lack of social security if they would be on their own again and mostly lack of own assets as well... so mostly I think it is fear of being left alone and not being cared for anymore...

And it does not take much... a mail from the wrong person in your case... not immediately picking up the phone when she calles... calling her 5 minutes later than promised... coming home later than expected (by her, even if you said nothing)...

Am elaborate way of saying, she wants to control you.

• Like 1

Jaideeguy

The seed is sewn now and she will get worse,get out while you are still alive tongue.png the amazing thing from your post is you actually got an apology blink.png ............So Thai's can say sorry!! no believe.

I tried to explain the innocence of the email,

Interesting, but it seems to be quite a common occurrence. I have to work a lot with female colleagues, and so get calls, emails and have meetings. This at times seems to cause a few Jealousy issues with the missus, particularly in the case of one colleague who works in my office. I have had on a number of occasion had to explain that thee is nothing going on, but it still seems to get mentioned every month or so.

This is where ye are going wrong. never explain yourself to another person when you have done nothing wrong. It's all about control.

When is the last time a woman "explained herself" to you.?

I would have thought having open communication would be ok? It really has little impact upon our relationship, and it's easily dealt with. I sense a hint of misogyny in your comments.

I think it's in their blood. I sometimes get asked if I'm going back to my falang ex-wife, after being divorced for 35 years!

Another rule I've learned by hard experience - never give any information about past partners. No margin in it at all for you, and just gives her a hook to hang her negative fantasies. . .

• Like 1

I think it's in their blood. I sometimes get asked if I'm going back to my falang ex-wife, after being divorced for 35 years!

Another rule I've learned by hard experience - never give any information about past partners. No margin in it at all for you, and just gives her a hook to hang her negative fantasies. . .

Spot on, done the same mistake a few times, but i guess if you answer evasively they get even more suspicious.

I tried to explain the innocence of the email,

This is where ye are going wrong. never explain yourself to another person when you have done nothing wrong. It's all about control.

When is the last time a woman "explained herself" to you.?

I would have thought having open communication would be ok? It really has little impact upon our relationship, and it's easily dealt with. I sense a hint of misogyny in your comments.

Open communication is a two way street. Explaining yourself is a one way street. If you don't have it from the start, it's unlikely that you can introduce it afterwards.

I get the odd birthday/xmas card from the ex, so it was a bit hard to keep it a secret.

Correct, they know they can easily be replaced. They depend on the guy for everything and often are at the mercy of the guy. Unless he has bought them a house or car ect.

• Like 1

You wrote, "My questions are why are Asian women so dam_n jealous [and mostly for a non event]??

Is it their way of showing that they love you??"

How many non Asian women have you been married to?

Have been married to three non Asian women and jealousy was an issue in only one relationship with a white woman and that was another non event. Actually, that's when I gave up on western women and 'went Asian'.

I am trying not to make generalizations, but the consensus is that I am not alone in my feelings/observations on Asian women.

Another thing that I have noticed in some relationships with Asian women is that the ones that are the most accusing are sometimes guilty of the thing that they are accusing you of and just trying to hide behind their accusations.......not saying that my current wife is doing that.