Pattaya Police Arrests Over 50 Transsexuals Within The Tourist Safety Zone

Rimmer

Pattaya Police arrests over 50 transsexuals within the Tourist Safety Zone

ladyboy-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--As Pattaya Police and other local Police Divisions struggle to maintain the Tourist Safety Zone in South Pattaya, which has seen a number of tourist-related crimes over the last few weeks, Pattaya Police have responded by rounding up over 50 Transsexuals and fining them 100 Baht each.

Pattaya One has reported a number of crimes recently where transsexuals have allegedly drugged and robbed foreign tourists and the crimes are thought to have been initiated from within the Tourist Safety Zone which covers Walking Street. Although there is no expectation from the public that every crime committed within the zone will be prevented by Police, a response was inevitable and led to the early morning operation on Monday to round-up as many transsexuals as possible and charge them with loitering with intent to commit a crime.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65591/pattaya-police-arrests-50-transsexuals-tourist-safety-zone/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

100 Baht that will definatley discourage them from their wicked ways.

OMG . What was the fine for ??? Because you are a Katoey you will be fined ????

I still don't get it . There's incidents of Drugging & Robbery so we round up 50 Lady Boys & fine them 100Baht each.

The last few times it was 40 guess the last lot of fines encouraged more attendance ??

When I worked a Gang Unit this would have been Comedy Central material, Come to think of it ????

I am so glad I come here to relax professionally I cringe when I read some of this stuff but it sure is entertaining.

I present some of these stories to my students for a break , keep 'em coming it is a releif from the real stuff

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Fined 100 baht for what? Being a katoey? Which law specifies that?

Thailand will never cease to be amusing, that's for sure. Sometimes it looks like the whole country operates according to a script for a farce. Feydeau, you would have loved it.

Loitering with intent to commit a crime - that stupid law was abolished in the UK almost 30 years ago. It's a bad law that allows police to discriminate against people. What about all the non-transsexuals loitering in the street? Why weren't they arrested and fined?

• Like 2

The Tourist Safety Zone,... reminds me a bit of the Nuclear Free Zones they set up in Aus during the 70's and 80's. Not sure if they work or not but seeing as there aren't any here in LOS I plan to go back down under and stand in one of those suckers if WW3 ever breaks out!

Very lazy policing which only promotes corruption and validates discrimination. Why not round up 50 drunk tourists, or 50 blue eyed men over 50years of age?

Woooooooow..........easy now,dont give them new ideas,I fit the description above and Im not more paying tea.money bah.gif !!!

well yhey will all be back next night if not same night as it was not to late when they did it, i saw them at bottom of Pattaya Klang. Next night they will all no doubt be using the public toilet in soi 9 police station, and no body stops them. 100 baht will really hurt them in the pocket or purse should i say.