Old Croc Thread

khall64au

Ever since I moved to Thailand........ over 3 yrs ago now - I've been a liitle wary of jumping overboard. After all, where I come from crocs eat you for breakfast! :D

I've overcome the dilemma of shark feed and croc dinner - apparently the Thai's ate them many moons ago! :o

So, how many TV'ers are still afraid to enter the water?

Fess up!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... do you swim without imaginary horror scenes? Can you do laps and leave the ocean with all your limbs intact?

:D

btw: Old Croc rules! :D

Edited by khall64au

As a Diver, I take my chances. Statistically, the chances of being attacked by anything are negligible! More chance of scratching yourself on a rock...

Jaws did more damage to peoples confidence than it should have. Shark attacks are very rare!

Although I do sometimes wonder what would happen if I saw a big shark swimming my direction???

As a Diver, I take my chances. Statistically, the chances of being attacked by anything are negligible! More chance of scratching yourself on a rock...

Jaws did more damage to peoples confidence than it should have. Shark attacks are very rare!

Although I do sometimes wonder what would happen if I saw a big shark swimming my direction???

old croc.

front page of the northern territory news yesterday had a 17 foot crocodile that had pulled a fully grown brahman cow down,and was enjoying a feed of rump steak.true story.

think i might wait until i return to thailand for a swim.

I once went Ocean swimming with Dolphins in Western Australia, we had to wait in the water until they came along.

I must admit that when I saw 4 Dorsil Fins heading right for me accompanied by the shouts of "here they come" from the safety of the boat did make me more than a little nervous.

But I lived to tell the tale and would not have missed in for the world.

I don't have any worries about swimming in Thailand's costal waters.

I'm more worried about the Snakes that seem to have taken a liking to my Swimming Pool

Edited by ThaiPauly

I only get nervous when I enter the water and there is THAT famous two note theme tune... Do Duh! Do Duh! Duh DO Duh Do DuhDo!!!.... (hehehe, almost like homer simpson singing in the shower....)

I only get nervous when I enter the water and there is THAT famous two note theme tune... Do Duh! Do Duh! Duh DO Duh Do DuhDo!!!.... (hehehe, almost like homer simpson singing in the shower....)

Yeah!

Do Duh! Do Duh! Do Duh... nearly as alarming as the Tschreng! Tschreng! Tschreng!... while taking a shower :o

Yeah!

Do Duh! Do Duh! Do Duh... nearly as alarming as the Tschreng! Tschreng! Tschreng!... while taking a shower :D

very very good point... I just got shivers down my spine....

I get scared geting into a pool if Old Croc is around. He keeps staring at myshorts with a small bulge in his speedos :o:D:D

Has this thread got any thing to do with me? :D

Depends what you eat for breakfast Old Croc.... :D

If I thought you were ever up that early Khall I would be lurking :D

Yeah!

Do Duh! Do Duh! Do Duh... nearly as alarming as the Tschreng! Tschreng! Tschreng!... while taking a shower :D

very very good point... I just got shivers down my spine....

I get scared geting into a pool if Old Croc is around. He keeps staring at myshorts with a small bulge in his speedos :o:D:D

If only you knew! A small bulge and speedos never co-exist! :D

we are getting roughly one death a year here in Adelaide and quite a few lucky escapes from sharks

we are getting roughly one death a year here in Adelaide and quite a few lucky escapes from sharks

well Suegha, we know you dont get many sharkattacks in the Mersey, but here in Queensland they are becoming more frequent, a young women got taken off the front of moreton island last week, a 14 foot tiger shark was caught near Bribie , it had ahalf digested child inside it, the child was aboriginal or islander so this shark had come a long way, if the water aint got chlorine in it I dont swim in it, as far as sharks attacks being rare not in queensland mate!! nignoy

I have alway been nervous around deep bodies of water, but then I have never lived around them. I haven't ever seen an ocean.

:D:D

Yeah, yeah, I know. :o Well, some of us don't get to travel and see the world. :D My goal now is just to leave this place before I die. I will not die here, anywhere but here!

I have alway been nervous around deep bodies of water, but then I have never lived around them. I haven't ever seen an ocean.

I have almost always lived near the ocean, so it is hard living without one in Chiang Mai, but the river is better than nothing. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I don't worry about crocs or sharks.

If one comes near me while I'm in the water, they'd scurry away quicker than they arrived once they got a whiff of the water around me after I crapped my pants ! :o

Why I don't swim in:-

Swimming pools: Other peoples piss.

Lakes: Bilharzia and leeches.

Rivers: If it isn't too many dead bodies floating by, it's tiny fish that swim up your third eye and lodge themselves there with a dirty, great spine. My eyes are watering just typing this.

well Suegha, we know you dont get many sharkattacks in the Mersey, but here in Queensland they are becoming more frequent, a young women got taken off the front of moreton island last week, a 14 foot tiger shark was caught near Bribie , it had ahalf digested child inside it, the child was aboriginal or islander so this shark had come a long way, if the water aint got chlorine in it I dont swim in it, as far as sharks attacks being rare not in queensland mate!! nignoy

I did say 'Statistically'. Also I have never dived in the Irish sea, too cold. However, you will get sharks all around the British Isles. I dived off the SW coast of Ireland where sharks are common. Also the majority of my diving is done in the Tropics - warmer water.

I hate sharks, always think about them when in deep water. I seem to attract them.

Many moons ago while snorkling off a pier at a resort in some far flung tropical island. I was resting under the pier and watching the fish swim around. This pier ended at a rather deep drop off into the ocean, the reef fish hung around the edge and you could hang your head over the drop off and it just went and went.

Next thing down comes the cook along the jetty and throws in all the kitchen scraps. Next thing I was surrounded by feeding sharks and here was me hiding nehind the biggest pole I could find.

Another time swimming over a bomby with a spear gun, on another remote tropical island, i spied a nice big red fish. Speared it and instantly before I could lift it out a shark barreled over my left shoulder and grabbed the fish.

Another time while walking on a reef, in another remote tropical location, a small reef shark came and tried to nip at my ankles.

I just do not like the suckers.

Another time in a far flung tropical land I swam in a river lagoon. Later while working we found the half eaten carcass of a cow dragged into the water.

And then there was the time a croc grabbed me.....