Thai Stabbed During Fight With British Man In South Pattaya

Rimmer

Thai stabbed during fight with British man in South Pattaya

knife-61.jpg

PATTAYA:--Just after 4.30 am on Thursday, Pattaya Police received reports of a fight involving a British Tourist and a group of 5 Thai men, who work for a car rental shop. One of the Thai men was reportedly stabbed in his wrist by the Brit who allegedly intended to stab the Thai in his chest.

At the scene, in front of the Udom Aeg Shop opposite the Welcome Plaza Hotel on Pattaya Second Road was Mr. John Harris aged 45, who had suffered severe facial injuries and cuts after he was set-upon by the group of 5 men, along with Khun Soemsak aged 37 who had sustained a deep cut to his wrist. He claimed that Mr. Harris had lunged towards him with his knife and he placed his hand in front of his chest to avoid a potentially serious injury.

Police were only able to speak with Khun Soemsak and are very keen to hear Mr. Harris’s version of events but for now the story begins when Mr. Harris is alleged to have knocked over a table placed at the side of the road which they used for their car rental business. Profanities were exchanged and Mr. Harris walked off. He was seen to walk past the group of Thai men a number of times during the evening and more harsh words were reportedly exchanged.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65993/thai-stabbed-fight-british-man-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the different "branches" stick together, taxi guys, rental car/bike guys & jet ski guys (or thugs are more appropriate name for last group).

I know that the same applies in Denmark for the Taxi guys, if a colleague have a problem with customers the nearest ones will always scramble to help.

We don't know what exactly happened here but and I said BUT, if the British guy indeed attacked one of them with a knife he got what he deserved.

• Like 2

"He was seen to walk past the group of Thai men a number of times during the evening..."

Idiot! Should've done a runner while he could.

You should NEVER get into a confrontation here. This is not England! Most of these things are just silly misunderstandings too. No reason he should have behaved like that!

Evidence of the strength PM Yinglucks prormise to British PM David Cameron last night to look after tourists is plain for all to see. Hopefully it'll make front page news in the UK - should cause a few blushes. Maybe those blushes will be a bright as this poor blokes claret.

We don't know what exactly happened here but and I said BUT, if the British guy indeed attacked one of them with a knife he got what he deserved.

Lets perhaps wait to see what his version of events are. He may have been carrying the knife (as a lot of people do over here) and only used it in self defense when all five started to attacking him, stabbing one of the attackers in the process. The Thai fellas could be lying ya know, it is possible that , an argument gets heated and they all pile in to defend there Thai pride, the lone bloke pulls out a knife to defend himself, slashing one of the attackers,, still gets a pounding, the five attackers claim they were attacked first by a knife wielding foreigner, police can neither confirm nor deny who hit who first.

i have seen 5 Thais attack 1 Thai, no racism there,just hate and idiot mob mentality,,,

And of course you would NEVER see such a thing in a western country. Football hooliganism seems to come to mind as just one example.

this is Thailand...not a western country people are talking about here. what does it have to do with other countries? 5 on 1 mentality...that is the issue here. It's a common characteristic of Thai men. Always attack in groups 5-1 or more. Instead of letting the police handle it...but that won't happen in this country.

Edited by mochafan

4,30 am 5 brave Thaisclap2.gif,rental business,table on footpath,bottle of whiskey or 5,table gets knocked over maybe, cctv see,s nothing(no money to be made from this 1) farang your having it.for what ever reason.unsure.png

hope Mr Harris recovers quickly.

Edited by COXYATCITY

that blade looks pretty clean seeing as it has been used? who was kind enough to wipe the blood off then as surely it is evidence?

4.30am and he had been seen walking past them a few times as well eyeing them up after the initial confrontation and table knocking over...

I swear I have seen a flying pig down walking street when I was last there....rolleyes.gif

5 onto 1 is fair odds in Thailand, in fact the brave Thai's should have waited for back-up. When there isn't at least 8 of you then the risk is clearly highlighted.

my scared farang friend rang me last night from the scene of a road accident

when i arrived there was a hostile policeman and an angry mob of around 12 Thais of which only two were actually involved

no one was injured, a quiet word with the cop away from them, a swift deal on the damage and a quick payoff soon cooled everyone down

typical fodder for Thailand

my wife who was with me said she was ashamed to be Thai...........

• Like 1

Tourist and Local involved in knife brawl

By Staff Reporter

br.jpg

Pattaya: -- Police and emergency services called to a knife fight involving a foreigner and local national

Police and emergency services arrived in south Pattaya to find the bloody results of a knife fight which resulted in arm injuries to a Thai man and the need for emergency treatment to a foreigner, reported to be a British man 45 year old John Harris, or Harrison.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...in-knife-brawl/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-16

footer_n.gif

that blade looks pretty clean seeing as it has been used? who was kind enough to wipe the blood off then as surely it is evidence?

Blood doesn't typically stay on a blade after a stabbing, especially with a single stab wound. Pulling the knife out wipes the blood off. It's Hollywood that leads people to believe there will be blood on a knife after a stabbing.