Favourite Comedy Sketches.

7by7

I think the funniest sketch I have seen (apart from fork handles) is the scene in the cafe on only fools and horses where Trigger has been awarded a medal for saving the council money.

That the one where he used the same broom for so many years? Only had ? new heads and ? new handles :D

I think the funniest sketch I have seen (apart from fork handles) is the scene in the cafe on only fools and horses where Trigger has been awarded a medal for saving the council money.

That the one where he used the same broom for so many years? Only had ? new heads and ? new handles biggrin.png

That's the one.

Only the first time I heard it, many years before, it was a lumberjack and his axe.

John Sullivan was a brilliant comic writer, as the two excerpts below show, but he did sometimes include some very old jokes in his scripts!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another genius at work.

I had the pleasure of seeing Tommy Cooper in Cabaret at the "Royal" Edmonton North London (later the Mayfair ) in 1984. My friend and I enjoyed his act,but both of us thought he was slurring his speech somewhat and appeared to be having difficulties in his stage movements.

Three or four months later he died on stage during his Televised act at what may have been: "Sunday night at the London Palladium" or from another Theatre. Many of his show business friends have stated : that was the way he would have wanted to go!

Truly a great Comedian,and a one off!

Edited by MAJIC

What Favourite Comedy Sketches would be complete without Mr Bean the Universal complete idiot and/or smart man who knows how to get what he wants? and sod everyone else!

I was amazed, when I first visited Thailand in 2000,how popular Mr Bean was. It seemed liked this was one thing that Bridged the Cultural differences,unquestionably. let's hope the building blocks can progress from humour into reality!

(apologies to other Poster who may already have posted the best of Mr Bean Sketches)

http://egotvonline.com/2011/01/27/10-classic-mr-bean-sketches/

Edited by MAJIC

What Favourite Comedy Sketches would be complete without Mr Bean the Universal complete idiot and/or smart man who knows how to get what he wants? and sod everyone else!

I was amazed, when I first visited Thailand in 2000,how popular Mr Bean was. It seemed liked this was one thing that Bridged the Cultural differences,unquestionably. let's hope the building blocks can progress from humour into reality!

(apologies to other Posters who may already have posted this Mr Bean Sketch)

http://egotvonline.c...-bean-sketches/

Seems to be a corrupted link to the one above,and some of the sketches have been blocked!

heres another: Mr Beans Wedding!

Edited by MAJIC

For those in the UK, a new series of Yes Prime Minister starts next week on Gold.

Same writers as before, but can the new protaganists come anywhere close to the two originals.

R.I.P. Paul Eddington and Nigel Hawthorne.