Daughter Wants To Move To Pattaya...............

chrisinth

Sorry, perhaps I should expand on the OP a little bit, I was keeping the OP short on advice from many posters in the past that long OP’s lose attention (perhaps that should be rethought!) OP link: http://www.thaivisa....a/#entry5852719

Whereas all the points in the OP are correct, perhaps I should explain………….

The 24 year old step daughter is a chemical engineer, working for one of the major oil companies here in Thailand. Her monthly salary is about 85K a month and she is expecting a substantial raise next year. She is bored with her life up here because she is commuting to work and is only here for the weekends.

Her intention is to buy a property down there, somewhere between 3 and 4 million baht, and her reasons for choosing Pattaya over Rayong/ Map Ta Phut/ Ban Chang was really for the shopping more than anything else. Commuting to work won’t be a problem as she has her own transport and her mileage will be covered by the company. The real advise the father was asking was the area in Pattaya where she could live.

Oh, she made a bit of a name for herself up here when she came top of her degree class, leaving the others (males) far behind. She is also fluent in Thai (obviously) English and French.

It was interesting to read the replies, how almost everyone answered regarding the “dark side” even though nothing was mentioned in the OP regarding this. With the exception of a few, (farang000999. Somtampet & BJ) asking how she made a name for herself, everyone else went for the bar girl side.

Bit of an exercise in human nature……………smile.png

Too late to change your story now. Re-read your original post and try saying " Rayong" - which you now claim was one of her choices, and the reaction would have been very different. No girl goes to live in Pattaya for the shopping - get real or stop trolling wink.png

post-122054-0-39995500-1353132295_thumb.

• Like 2

Sorry, perhaps I should expand on the OP a little bit, I was keeping the OP short on advice from many posters in the past that long OP’s lose attention (perhaps that should be rethought!) OP link: http://www.thaivisa....a/#entry5852719

The 24 year old step daughter is a chemical engineer, working for one of the major oil companies here in Thailand. Her monthly salary is about 85K a month and she is expecting a substantial raise next year. She is bored with her life up here because she is commuting to work and is only here for the weekends.

Her intention is to buy a property down there, somewhere between 3 and 4 million baht, and her reasons for choosing Pattaya over Rayong/ Map Ta Phut/ Ban Chang was really for the shopping more than anything else. Commuting to work won’t be a problem as she has her own transport and her mileage will be covered by the company. The real advise the father was asking was the area in Pattaya where she could live.

Oh, she made a bit of a name for herself up here when she came top of her degree class, leaving the others (males) far behind. She is also fluent in Thai (obviously) English and French.

It was interesting to read the replies, how almost everyone answered regarding the “dark side” even though nothing was mentioned in the OP regarding this. With the exception of a few, (farang000999. Somtampet & BJ) asking how she made a name for herself, everyone else went for the bar girl side.

i was going to say it was a great troll wish id thought of it, but you shot your load too early

• Like 1

i was going to say it was a great troll wish id thought of it, but you shot your load too early

Actually I was going to keep it going until someone made a sensible post questioning it, and Beetlejuice did just that.

As for the post baiting other members, maybe.

As for it being a troll post, maybe.

The point of the post was that the facts were there, just not all of them. The same as the majority of news articles we see, written be sensationalist journalists making names for themselves that are too many times taken as gospel by too many readers.

Sorry if that offended anyone (that was not the intention), just pointing out short-comings.

Looking back, I should have left out the line that she had made a name for herself; how else would a 24 year old girl from up-country possibly make a name for herself if it wasn't to do with sex!

That might have been misleading (?)

Too late to change your story now. Re-read your original post and try saying " Rayong" - which you now claim was one of her choices, and the reaction would have been very different. No girl goes to live in Pattaya for the shopping - get real or stop trolling wink.png

No reason to change anything about the area. Her place of work is actually in Map Ta Phut, which is closer to Rayong than Pattaya. Just that she would prefer to live in the Pattaya area.

You weren't thinking Ranong were you?

Na mate it was the 84K that lost it for you and life bored up-country! wink.png

Nothing wrong with 85K a month for a chemical engineer. There is a chance in the future that she will be involved in Wheatstone, if that would give a clue to her employer.

Good post. Kept the Pattaya haters (including some that may actually live in Thailand) happy for a wee bit. Really funny to see them all slagging the OP for being denied the opportunity to get really rabid about girls of any sort that live anywhere near Pattaya when in reality, the OP's 'human nature' test has led them to make (even greater) fools of themselves.

Sent from the flooded top-end of Soi Post Office with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with 85K a month for a chemical engineer. There is a chance in the future that she will be involved in Wheatstone, if that would give a clue to her employer.

wow im a chance for a contract there a 24 yo stunner that would keep the boys in the office happy.and she could kiss goodbye 85k a month im sure she would advance up the ladder quite quickly she would be on around 500k a month for starters and all expenses included.good luck to her,if your not trolloing of course??

24 and stunning?

she'll be pulling in 100k a month in no time 'working receptionist'.

Tell her to be a good Thai daughter and Por's pick-up needs replacing and needs a new Ducati to get to the 7.

Edited by cbrer

I really cannot see the point of this thread.

If the facts are correct according to our chrisinth`s description, than it appears this girl is well clued up and can be regarded as a responsible person and someone who is capable of making the right choices regarding her lifestyle and career. So what`s the problem?

Why the OP could not have mentioned the full details on inception of the thread, rather than giving the semblance that his alleged friend’s daughter could be a woman of dubious character and turning this into a guessing game, I have no idea. As a matter of fact, I don`t think it is worth the time and effort responding to these types of threads in the first place. And I`ve just wasted 3 minutes of my life, typing this crap, when I have more important things to do, such as: arguing with the wife, or picking my nose.

Next.

• Like 1

A friend of mine was telling off his step-son one day (in front of me).

The step-son replied "Who are you to tell me what to do, you are just another guy in a long line of guys shagging my mother"

I though it was a good answer and straight to the point.

Too many daft foreigners trying to control other mens children.

In this case the girl is not even a child. Mind your own business IMHO.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Quite one of the most pathetic posts I've read on here for a long time.

Perhaps its not the Bht85K per month 24 year old Chemical Engineer who's finding life dull in the sticks.

Anyway, on the off chance that this beautiful graduate summa cum laude Chemical Engineer actually does exist and is actually moving to Chonburi or even Rayong - I look forward to meeting her. I believe I can reasonably say I know or have met every Thai Chemical Engineer currently working in the O&G sector in Chonburi/Rayong - The arrival of a new beauty is unlikely to go without notice.

And who knows, maybe she's just telling her step dad she wants to be near the shops to make him feel better about it all.

Edited by GuestHouse

Yeah she would have all of what? 2 maybe 3 years experience and still be a trainee, 20k baht more like.

the assumption comes in because its seems most girls go there for the "darker" occupations. you also mentioned she is a "stunner" and mentioned nothing of her education.

has she been to Pattaya before? Maybe a visit would be wise before up and deciding to move there more permanently.

Up-country to me means by definition somewhere not within commuting distance of a professional position like this.

Unless you're claiming she works onsite with the roustabouts?

And yep that salary's pretty darn good for a 24 y.o. Thai engineer, female or not. . .

The OP has provided enough information for me to very easily identify the woman he is discussing - others could presumably do likewise. I consider this to be a breach of her privacy which I have reported and asked the Mods to review.