Hygeine, Just Plain Common Sense.

payak

here is my rant for the day

I used a public toilet in a modern building, had no paper, just the spray gun and thats fine as using the hand does not bother me, what bothers me is coming out and finding all the soap is gone.

another place had a bucket with water in it, but had no scoop, i'm not into double or triple dipping after borris from moscow or felix from berlin has been in there before me taking the kids to the pool because the thai food caused them to suddenly grow a tail in the middle of dinner with there BG.

please put a scoop in the water, unless its being used in the kitchen who knows just put it back when you finish.

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you arrange your life and your body clock so that you are able to have a crap in the comfort and convenience of your own living space?

I have been travelling the world for more than 25 years and have never used a public toilet for a dump even once, and perhaps only a couple of times in my whole life.

Being organised in your life takes even less effort than writing a rant on a forum!! biggrin.png

so you clock your bowel movements. how to you do that?

are you so regular that you can make travel arrangements based on a set schedule?

are you taking a supplement like metamucil?

• Like 1

Different people have different metabolisms and dietary habits.

I also never need to use toilets where I don't feel comfortable, just wait until evening except when I've got a touch of bangkok belly.

But I have to admit I've very very rarely in a place in the LOS with "public toilets" what a concept, and certainly none where I'd expect them to maintain a supply of soap.

If the country can't manage that within their own government school system in the middle of hand foot and mouth disease outbreak, hard to imagine it otherwise.

Gotta just suck it up and buy your own, carry it in your man-bag, maybe in a little ziploc?

And having kids has taught me never get caught without tissue paper, although here of course that means a roll of toilet paper.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Can't you arrange your life and your body clock so that you are able to have a crap in the comfort and convenience of your own living space?

I have been travelling the world for more than 25 years and have never used a public toilet for a dump even once, and perhaps only a couple of times in my whole life.

Being organised in your life takes even less effort than writing a rant on a forum!! biggrin.png

are you so regular that you can make travel arrangements based on a set schedule?

I have never understood why anyone would, from choice, use a public toilet for a crap.

My brain has a permanent arrangement with my bowels in that they are subservient to my brain. It is simply a matter of training and discipline. It’s all about mind over matter!!! While it is true that diet and metabolic rate can have an effect on digestion, neither dictate when a bowel movement will occur. My brain is in charge of that decision.

Other than fish oil, I don’t require any supplements as my food intake is adequate. I don’t clock my bowel movements. I am as regular or irregular as I decide is necessary. I am in control. My brain decides what travel arrangements are convenient and then I have this ability to co-ordinate my life - in all its aspects - to accommodate the said arrangements. Everyone has this ability…. It’s called, being organized.

biggrin.png

Edited by Riley'sLife
  • Like 2

Fasting prior to and during travel. Having a light meal up arrival, if not too late in the day. Very useful also for avoiding or minimising jet-lag. (Fasting: i.e. not eating only drinking water when needed)

• Like 2

I remember the first time I used a urinal in Thailand when two Thai men came in and stood one on each side of me. They both undid their belted trousers and dropped their trousers almost to their knees - I wondered what was about to happen!

I finished peeing first and went to wash my hands, next they each appeared one on each side and both started washing their faces and necks splashing water everywhere and hawking and spitting into the handbasin. My immaculate linen trousers were covered in water and I returned to the bar looking like I'd pee'd my pants.

Why do they drop their trousers to pee? -it's often older guys.

its also hard to plan your meals when you live in a muay thai camp, our meals are dished out, no menu.

and the toilets are the same as a public toilet, timeing my movements would be pointless.

when people read threads they have visions of a scenario, often not realising you may be living in very different circumstances.

on another note, if i want to rant i will, just move along if its so troubling rileyslife, go organise you next nugget schedule.

of course u can organize bowel movements unless u have stomach problems; most women i know and work with will never never go in a public toilet. first of all there is the pantyhose factor, or the dress pant problem. its bad enought that we have to undress to pee.

men in the army also wait for a time and place, u dont go to shit in the middle of an 'action'...

and i know girls who get constipation from not going in the army, waiting to come home to use toilets...

peeing is a bit more difficult.

i prefer out in nature if i do need to go, its cleaner and healthier

bina

unless you spend all your time at home almost, you will at some time have to use a public toilet.

i'm not staying home, I will never became a slave to my ass.

Sounds like you already are.

I was trained to go to the toilet when it was convenient to me.

Maybe they don't do potty training in Oz .... or maybe the outback is so big they never have to wait in Oz.

• Like 2

I have never understood why anyone would, from choice, use a public toilet for a crap.

My brain has a permanent arrangement with my bowels in that they are subservient to my brain. It is simply a matter of training and discipline. It’s all about mind over matter!!! While it is true that diet and metabolic rate can have an effect on digestion, neither dictate when a bowel movement will occur. My brain is in charge of that decision.

Other than fish oil, I don’t require any supplements as my food intake is adequate. I don’t clock my bowel movements. I am as regular or irregular as I decide is necessary. I am in control. My brain decides what travel arrangements are convenient and then I have this ability to co-ordinate my life - in all its aspects - to accommodate the said arrangements. Everyone has this ability…. It’s called, being organized.

biggrin.png

Now to me that is one load of CRAP coming from your mouth.

Nice comment, very intellectual. Some of us do in fact live like that, we don't wander around letting our body tell us what to do. (My wife sometimes tells me what my body has to do). Please don't use the word crap in capital letters it tends to be seen as unpleasant and insulting. ... Ah but you knew that didn't you, before you got drunk?

I dont think we are on the same page because we write short posts, when i go out its not for short amounts of time.

I can be out for 12 hours or more, even overnight, dont tell me it cannot happen in this time.

my bowel movements are not the topic here, its the toilets.

unless you spend all your time at home almost, you will at some time have to use a public toilet.

i'm not staying home, I will never became a slave to my ass.

Sounds like you already are.

I was trained to go to the toilet when it was convenient to me.

Maybe they don't do potty training in Oz .... or maybe the outback is so big they never have to wait in Oz.

being an Aussie like most i have never seen the outback, we have the highest amount of people per capita living in cities.

as for your body who knows, im an athlete so my body does ok.

biggrin.png

Nice comment, very intellectual. Some of us do in fact live like that, we don't wander around letting our body tell us what to do. (My wife sometimes tells me what my body has to do). Please don't use the word crap in capital letters it tends to be seen as unpleasant and insulting. ... Ah but you knew that didn't you, before you got drunk?

I am never drunk because I never drink alcohol. Sorry you didn't like my word in capital letters but if you talk a load of bullshit then what do you expect.

Regards your other post about the two Thai men either side of you with their pants down. Maybe they were waiting for you to do the same and play the game 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours' or maybe they fancied you and you missed a chance!

Anyway back to topic. I find the cleanest public toilets at petrol stations especially those who also have a 7/11. In fact I have asked my wife on many occassions "why is it every time I go to the toilet there is always a lady in there cleaning?" I too normally do not need to do anything but pee but I have been caught out once or twice. I always have a toilet roll in my car.

biggrin.png

I am never drunk because I never drink alcohol. Sorry you didn't like my word in capital letters but if you talk a load of bullshit then what do you expect.

Regards your other post about the two Thai men either side of you with their pants down. Maybe they were waiting for you to do the same and play the game 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours' or maybe they fancied you and you missed a chance!

Anyway back to topic. I find the cleanest public toilets at petrol stations especially those who also have a 7/11. In fact I have asked my wife on many occassions "why is it every time I go to the toilet there is always a lady in there cleaning?" I too normally do not need to do anything but pee but I have been caught out once or twice. I always have a toilet roll in my car.

Well apparently you don't need to drink alcohol, you are confused and distraught as it is. This wasn't my post, and anybody coming up with stuff like this is obviously as closet whatsit. Let's leave it at that shall we?

If I drink chocolate milk from 7/11 I can guarantee spraying it out my arse in 10 minutes!!

Those plastic scoop toilets are just vile, usually mossie infested with the 100% wet floor. Id rather crap in a field with the cows.

Edited by rattler

If I drink chocolate milk from 7/11 I can guarantee spraying it out my arse in 10 minutes!!

Those plastic scoop toilets are just vile, usually mossie infested with the 100% wet floor. Id rather crap in a field with the cows.

wow, someone who can stick to the topic

I am offended. I stuck to the topic. Anyone who lives in Thailand and does not carry Mamy Poco's is an _______!

Heck I know bars that even keep them on ice.smile.png I see the ladies coming to get them many times during the course of a day so a lot of guys who live here must know about them besides me.smile.png

post-73727-0-46202700-1353247447_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

I am offended. I stuck to the topic. Anyone who lives in Thailand and does not carry Mamy Poco's is an _______!

Heck I know bars that even keep them on ice.smile.png I see the ladies coming to get them many times during the course of a day so a lot of guys who live here must know about them besides me.smile.png

sorry i was aiming the comment on a few, how talk about toilets turns into an argument is beyond me, grumpy old men.

I've donate quite a few articles of undergarments to the garbage bin in an emergency. I'd rather use a thousand baht pair of boxers to clean my ass than a disease ridden bowl of water.

I dont care how "thai" you want to be.

These days i find it cheaper to carry some wipes and alcohol hand wash.

I've donate quite a few articles of undergarments to the garbage bin in an emergency. I'd rather use a thousand baht pair of boxers to clean my ass than a disease ridden bowl of water.

I dont care how "thai" you want to be.

These days i find it cheaper to carry some wipes and alcohol hand wash.

make no mistake i didnt use it, just clenched the cheeks together for a few hours