Having Problems Contacting My Girlfriend

chaiyapoon

I have a long term thai girlfriend.I am have great difficulty contacting her using my landline to her mobiles through 18185.

The problems seem to be the thai telephone companies.She has 3 phones on different providers to get the best rates signals etc.This morning yet again I couldn't get through on any phone.

First one The number is barred as you requested. This is a common reason on one or more phones.No such request ever given.

2nd phone The number is not asigned. Again I get this a lot

3rd phone The number is not in use. May be switched off

I have phoned some of these numbers daily for years and always got some of these issues but not as often as I'm getting now the last few weeks I've been unable to speak to her till she phones me wondering why I haven't phoned yet.

Anyone any Ideas? Anyone getting similar?

She has two shops in Trat and regularly travels to Bangkok for stock and onto Supanburi to see her mum Many of these problems reduce or clear up when she is back home.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might sound stupid but internet and phone is often interfered with by the weather especially rain and flooding in Thailand . Is it these periods that you can't get through or does it makes no difference? . Most calls have to go though exchanges or servers at some point and these have underground cables etc that get flooded or damp. My theory anyway.

Nothing has changed with the phone companies, but it seems something has changed with her. Long distance relationships are very hard to keep going for any length of time.

If you are not planning to move to Thailand in the near future, or are not planning on getting her to your country, and all this in terms of marriage, then she has good Thai reasoning to start dumping you, and find someone else, which from the signs you discribe she has done. She doesn't have to be a "bar girl" to do this. All she needs is a concerned mother, and girlfriends, with the mother being the biggest influence on her to find a "husband" that will be with her.

If you met her, and she went out with you, then don't for a minute think other foreigners will not be in a same position to meet her if she wants. It is hard to explain, and realize how much influence family has on a Thai woman, especially ones that don't work in bars.

There is a reason none of her phones work, and it has nothing to do with the phone company. It is a very good cover, in her mind, to act surprized you haven't been calling her when she finally calls you. In a while she will use you not calling her as an excuse to end it, even though she knows exactly why you can't get through. I do hope you are not sending her money.

The woman friend of the OP appears to be more of a commercial traveler with her own business; not a bloody bar girl!

I haven't used this 18185 service that the OP seems stuck on. With the inherent flakiness of these 'phone discounters' on international calls and the doubly inherent flakiness of ALL of Thailand's mobile networks, I can see there being plenty scope for missed connections.

All you woman haters get back into General where you belong!

The smarmy behavior eluded too above, is not limited to bar girls or to anyone for that matter. The facts are indicating a possible alternative to a simple issue with the phone service. With the OP being out of the country there is ample opportunity for transgressions on the part of this female. I employ 8 female workers from secretaries to office assistants and one attorney. None of them are bar girls, nor do they need to augment their income. I know for a concrete fact that 4 of them have Thai husbands and foreign "boyfriends." Of the 30 males I employ in Thailand I would guess 95% cheat. The observations and comments made above are not limited to any one gender or stereo type.

Climb down from your soap-box remove your rose-colored glasses and join the rest of us here in the realm of reality.

Edited by KHR1010
  • Like 1

I do not want my answer always negative to the female, so maybe this something for you to consider...

Dont always listen to every fool here,obvious he know what the bad girl do as he fall for it before and still probably do now.

Most girl do have at least three sim card they do swap from time to time. Most new phone even have multiple port for SIM so you not even know it

Another reason (other than what other poster will say) is they get a better deal from each company that have different deal. One sim might allow her to ring a certain number for free from anyplace, so she will have this sim for family maybe and swap others around.

Another sim might be more cheap for overseas call ect

If you cant connect in any of the 3 numbers of the SIM you dial then maybe she is using a new one for some reason.Not always bad motive! Maybe she did loose a SIM who knows,could have even lost phone.

The SIMs from most company are cheap and easy to get, sometime no ID and even 100baht, not expensive like other country

If the farang know-all on here could read Thai and he was smart enough to take advantage of, he would probably also have 3+ SIMS so he could do all his business which be SO important

call to stockman, many associate and of course this HUGE staff he does employcoffee1.gif

-nauseous!

whistling.gif

The obvious thing to do is to call the number direct without using some discounter.

Those services work with ip telephony to be able to offer cheap rates. The distance between your country and Thailand is bridged with ip telephony and then a local call is made. I have used these kind of services for a long time and sometimes they are out of order for extended periods.

The first thing you have to establish by direct calling is if the phones are switched on/working. If that is the case it is clear that the discounter is at fault.

Carrying 3 sim card for signal related issue is not good enough for me.

AIS 2G network works almost everywhere in Thailand. Just one sim card is more than enough. Lets say, she want to be reachable at all times? You can set phone to redirect your calls (network feature, works on all) when there is no signal coverage to 2nd number, which can be another operator. I would choose Truemove-H 3G for 2nd sim, which also can be used for sending messages (whatsup etc) and talking for free (viber, tango, skype).

So AIS 2G is 1st number, always open

True-H 3G is 2nd number on a 3G compatible phone for backup.

Zillions of years ago l talked to my now mrs from UK all the time, noooooooooooo problem. thumbsup.gif

OP, please be careful out there. thumbsup.gif

I have to agree with this sentiment.

Whenever I have been away in the UK I have never had prob;lems connecting either directly or by using VOIP calls.