Pattaya To Sattahip - Your Advice

kaizoku

I'll go tomorow with the motorbike to discover the area. I'm planning to go along the beach (sukumvit) and I'll try the countryside at the way back.

What will you recommand to see/do on the way from Pattaya to Sattahip.

Is there a nice and beautiful beach around there ? (not a ugly and polluated one like in pattaya and Jomtien ).

Follow the main road to the left when you get to Sattahip and about 2/3 kilometers on your right you will see a naval memorial. Go past until the U turn and then double back & turn left at the memorial to go down the road towards the sea. Eventually you will come to the naval base and by the gates on the immediately left you pay 20 baht entrance fee to access a really nice beach.

I would recommend a tour of Bang Saray and the beach there. If you had enough of the beaches the roads back to Buddha Mountain, the Watt, Chinese Temple, Silverlake Vineyards and the lake are very relaxing compared to the Suhkumvit Highway. The roads back there are scenic and seem better maintained due the dignitaries who visit the area, great for SAFE motorcycling.

Edited by gerry53
  • Like 1

After you have visited Sattahip head East along Sukhumvit toward Bang Chang and Rayong, When you get to Utapao air base take a left up the 331, about 3 or 4 miles up there on the left look for the Buddha Mountain and Watt Yaan signs. As gerry53 says they are great place to visit and this will make a nice circular tour for you.

Everything went nice. We couldn't acces any beaches though. All access was locked by the military even if everybody was allowed to pass but farang on motorbikes. Because of the military there is no much to do in Sattahip, this is a same because I found it very nice and beautiful, much more pleasant than Pattaya.

On the way back we went on the 331 and turned left at the Silverlake Vineyards and the Buddha Mountain.

About the Vineyard I'm not sure what to think, on one side they tried to make it look nice building in a French style but in an other side this is a pale copy. Far behind what is a real French vineyards. About the wine it's not that bad too expensive if to compare with other country but for Thailand this is not so bad. At the end I would say this is not good but also not bad.

To conclude the trip to Sattahip is a good experience, so I would recommend to go as this is easy to do in one day.

Everything went nice. We couldn't acces any beaches though. All access was locked by the military even if everybody was allowed to pass but farang on motorbikes. Because of the military there is no much to do in Sattahip, this is a same because I found it very nice and beautiful, much more pleasant than Pattaya.

On the way back we went on the 331 and turned left at the Silverlake Vineyards and the Buddha Mountain.

About the Vineyard I'm not sure what to think, on one side they tried to make it look nice building in a French style but in an other side this is a pale copy. Far behind what is a real French vineyards. About the wine it's not that bad too expensive if to compare with other country but for Thailand this is not so bad. At the end I would say this is not good but also not bad.

To conclude the trip to Sattahip is a good experience, so I would recommend to go as this is easy to do in one day.

I had the same problem at the navy base about 6 months ago. They wouldn't let us in because I was driving even though I had a car load of thais. They couldn't expalin why except that 'farang was not allowed today'

I had the same problem at the navy base about 6 months ago. They wouldn't let us in because I was driving even though I had a car load of thais. They couldn't expalin why except that 'farang was not allowed today'

OK - usually they are OK & the MPs charge the same fee for farangs as for Thais - 20 baht

OK - usually they are OK & the MPs charge the same fee for farangs as for Thais - 20 baht

We took the car down to Sai Keaw Beach on the navy base a few weeks ago and that beach was 30 for Thais and 80 baht for a non Thai and the prices were posted. You left your identification at the first gate and paid admission at the gate before going over the hill to the beach. It is a remote beach on the base with many small restaurants. It is the first turnoff with a light after the main (south) Bang Saray Road lights, one day I will have to try some others? For your information there were many Russian tourists that came in buses and boats but still lots of room.