Caught With Weed

grizley

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why people do not learn Dont do drugs it is illegal in Thailand how many times do people have to be told there is more to life than drugs

Not all people are non smoking, non drinking, non paracetamol, non life saving drug ,like you. Show some empathy for a fallen soul.and Im sure you will feel better. By the way, what do you do to amuse your self besides watching the Telly.

This is a death penalty case, without a doubt and one sure way to give up the habit I suppose.

:)

Too funny. There's always at least one: "They catch you with drugs in Thailand you are executed!"

Without a doubt, eh? Not even close.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

Not much weed really a bit over an ounce. Silly getting caught thou. I doubt whether he will do any jail time. Cops dont really care that much about weed.

If the paperwork is done like others have said it will cost more for the whole thing to go away.

Not true; 30 grams is the line. Under that amount you are talking about a fine, for a foreigner once the case is done he will be turned over to immigration. If his visa has expired by that time he will be spending time in imm. detention untill arrangements have been made for deportation and blacklisting.

However, since its over 30g, its very likely he will get a year (thats basically the policy for weed; one year per 30grams, for yaba one year per pill).

Better have a good lawyer and high hopes, this will undoubtedly cost hundreds of thousands of baht or more.

• Like 1

www.thailand-lawyer.com/marijuana-arrest.html

For simple use of marijuana in small amounts, the offense is punishable by a fine of no more than 50,000 Baht and/or imprisonment of not more than 5 years

Over 30 grams is not considered personal use; the charges will probably be intent to distribute and depending on the amount it can add up to a lot more than 5 years.

However with this amount I think he's looking at about a year.

• Like 1

A friend got caught with 23.5 grams for personal use, and the cops would not take a bribe (a considerable amount). He was sentenced to 7 years, then after 2.5 years in prison he was released on parol on the King's birthday, and deported out of the country. It cost him about bt3000 a month to stay healthy in prison.

I believe more than 20 grams means intend to sell, that is a whole different category then possesion. That means jail, deportation and blacklisting.

That is a lot of weed for Thailand. Last time I heard about 1gm would cost a farang about 40k at the first level of processing oh, and a year in jail.

What an ass. Most likely dealing it as well.

Deportation and blacklist is the least of this mugs problems. If I was him and that were offered to me with a 100k fine — Id be on the plane tomorrow.

Bet this guy is looking at ten years. A Thai, maybe 2-3?

Edited by bangkokburning

This is a death penalty case, without a doubt and one sure way to give up the habit I suppose.

Nonsense.

Like many countries, Thailand categories drugs in different clases, while for the higher classes the death penalty is possible, it is no option for intend to sell marijuana. That is the lowest class of drugs.

The laws of the land must be observed. People have a right to determine the laws under which they are governed. Thailand has decided that drugs take a serious toll on its population and their legal system shows no tolerance to people who traffic or use it.

Maybe your friend will get lucky - but if he gets put in prison he has no one but himself to blame.

Thailand has decided that drugs take a serious toll on its population and their legal system shows no tolerance to people who traffic or use it.

Yeah, that must be why they have locked up all those big time drug traffickers and stamped out the drug trade. The legal system.

Yeah I am sure it serves a great purpose in locking up recreational pot smokers. Really caught a big fish here.

You can probably blame the US for Asias tough drug laws as i think it was US foreign policy that pressured Asian governments into legislating tough drug laws.

Edited by Tolley
  • Like 2

The laws of the land must be observed. People have a right to determine the laws under which they are governed. Thailand has decided that drugs take a serious toll on its population and their legal system shows no tolerance to people who traffic or use it.

Maybe your friend will get lucky - but if he gets put in prison he has no one but himself to blame.

The problem in Thailand is the way that the laws are selectively enforced or quite often not enforced.

• Like 2

Thailand has decided that drugs take a serious toll on its population and their legal system shows no tolerance to people who traffic or use it.

Yeah, that must be why they have locked up all those big time drug traffickers and stamped out the drug trade. The legal system.

Yeah I am sure it serves a great purpose in locking up recreational pot smokers. Really caught a big fish here.

You can probably blame the US for Asias tough drug laws as i think it was US foreign policy that pressured Asian governments into legislating tough drug laws.

I hope you realize I was being facetious?

Charges for Possession of marijuana in Thailand can entail the following punishments:

For possession of up to 10kg, the maximum sentence is 5 years in prison and/or a fine of 50,000 baht

For possession of 10kg or more, this is considered as possession with intent to sell. The sentence can range from 2 - 15 years in prison, and/or include a fine of 20,000 to 150,000 baht. Charges can also be levied for amounts of 10kg or more for the intent to produce, import or export cannabis. The sentence is the same.

http://www.thailand-lawyer.com/marijuana-arrest.html

As for the death penalty I mentioned earlier, that`s just wishful thinking on my part.

• Like 1

This is not going to end well.

If he had under the amount that is considered "personal use", he likely would have gotten away with a stiff fine after some "negotiation".

Because he has an amount classified as "distribution" it is a totally different matter and he will go before the courts and it will at the discretion of the judge. A good lawyer will definitely help, and will be seriously expensive. He may walk with a fine, or he may do a year or more and then be deported. His business visa will also likely be cancelled. He is likely too deep in the system to have the charges "dropped". Best bet is to try and have the amount reduced to "personal use".

Was it worth the risk?

• Like 1

As for the death penalty I mentioned earlier, that`s just wishful thinking on my part.

wishful thinking = thinking you know what you are talking about when in fact you don't?

OK

In any case I agree with a previous poster: wishing someone dead for possessing cannabis is really twisted.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

wishful thinking = thinking you know what you are talking about when in fact you don't?

OK

In any case I agree with a previous poster: wishing someone dead for possessing cannabis is really twisted.

In locations such as Pattaya and other tourist areas the dealing of drugs is rife. There will always be some farang or foreigner somewhere in a bar, hotel lobby or on a street corner who can either be approached or will approach a likely looking tourist to supply them with drugs.

For many it`s just another means to be able to support themselves in Thailand and others maybe working on behalf of a gang, dealing and selling in illegal drugs. Some of these drugs can be lethal, containing poisonous substances that can kill, do kill and have killed.

These are the facts

OK

In locations such as Pattaya and other tourist areas the dealing of drugs is rife. There will always be some farang or foreigner somewhere in a bar, hotel lobby or on a street corner who can either be approached or will approach a likely looking tourist to supply them with drugs.

For many it`s just another means to be able to support themselves in Thailand and others maybe working on behalf of a gang, dealing and selling in illegal drugs. Some of these drugs can be lethal, containing poisonous substances that can kill, do kill and have killed.

These are the facts

Do you drink alcohol ?

Do you have any idea the misery that those beer bars cause. Alcoholism, prostitutes becoming hooked on drugs or committing suicide etc and you have the nerve to talk about ganja use being bad.

Sent from my hammock using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1