Caught With Weed

grizley

Please keep this in mind:

In Thailand it`s easy to live, but also extremely easy to die here.

To me the case of the OPs friend is just another poison peddler put out of action, and personally I couldn`t give a rat`s behind what they do with him. And for those who don`t believe and are willing to stake they’re lives on it, then good luck to all who sail in her.

Abide by the laws of Thailand and stay well away from drugs, that’s my advice, otherwise it`s your funeral buddy.

• Like 1

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why people do not learn Dont do drugs it is illegal in Thailand how many times do people have to be told there is more to life than drugs

last i checked prostitution was illegal too, doesnt deter many on here though does it.

This is what really annoys me about many of the self righteous posters on this board, They bang on about how awful people are who overstay their visa and how anybody that breaks the law taking drugs deserves everything they get but we all know where many of them met their wives so it seems they are very selective about the laws they respect and those they feel they can ignore.

Obviously, the penalty for breaking the laws regarding marijuana are more severe, so it may be justifiable to point out how stupid somebody is to get themselves into such a situation but in no way can anybody claim the moral high ground if they have ever consorted with a lady of the night during their time in this country.

Whether this person was stupid or not is besides the point as far as I'm concerned. Nobody deserves to be locked up for smoking weed and if I was able to help in any way, I would.

@ Scully - Bob Marley smoked more than that in one day I believe, let alone two.

Good post.

The law isn't that strict for marijuana use. Usually around a 10,000 baht fine. Gambling isn't as bad as people think too - around 3,000 baht for small stuff.

My mate once bought dope for Bob Marley in Glasgow - he refused to smoke it as it wasn't grass.

And how many self righteous here drink alcohol - a drug much worse in many ways than ganja.

Aclohol is legal

ganja isntthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

^

they are obviously thai prices , I would love to see a fearing get caught with 10 kg and get of with a 50,000 bht fine....lol

They must have another price list for ferang

Farang pay more because they afraid to go to court and end up extorted by the police because they think they'll get 20 years for a joint.

Truth. I know of one guy who due to certain circumstances simply couldn't get the money together in time to pay a very large on the spot fine for less than a gram of weed. He wound up going through the system where he wound up getting time served and some tiny fine. (I should think it was no fun though).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

To me the case of the OPs friend is just another poison peddler put out of action, and personally I couldn`t give a rat`s behind what they do with him. And for those who don`t believe and are willing to stake they’re lives on it, then good luck to all who sail in her.

Abide by the laws of Thailand and stay well away from drugs, that’s my advice, otherwise it`s your funeral buddy.

First of all, I base all my comments and opinion based on the assumption that the OP is telling the truth when he says it was for personal use.

Secondly, calling marijuana "poison" and asserting that someone who deals it deserves the most extreme of punishments is just ridiculous.

Third, no one is going to die from marijuana (using it or selling it) so it's not a matter of staking one's life. Your melodrama is silly.

• Like 1

You post is irrelevant.

Regardless of what you think about alcohol or how bad it is, it is legal to consume as much as you like in Thailand.

The concept of "illegal" is a very simple premise. What don't people understand about it?

It isn't irrelevant at all. His post didn't debate or comment on the legality of marijuana. It addressed the fact that the poster it was in response to spoke of misery caused by drugs (implicitly including marijuana) and compared that to what misery is equally or more attendant with alcohol sales.

I for one understand "illegal". Nowhere have I said that the person in question didn't do something illegal (and stupid).

EDIT TO ADD: I don't think anyone on this thread has demonstrated a lack of understanding of the concept of "illegal" or implied that possession of marijuana was against the law. Maybe you can cite such a post?

Edited by SteeleJoe

I don't know if any of you even live in Thailand by some of your comments,once you get out off Bangkok weed is everywhere in Thailand a high percent of lOcals smoke it everyday.

As you say: locals. And they run quickly to a loan shark, to get the money, in case there is no other way. So.....!

^

they are obviously thai prices , I would love to see a fearing get caught with 10 kg and get of with a 50,000 bht fine....lol

They must have another price list for ferang

Of course, but don't get confused.

There is a official price list, for court cases, and the tea money list, for 'mediated in the station'. Police fine has nothing to do with the 'and/or xxxx baht', in laws.

It's always the case, the station price is higher, but quicker and no jail. The court is cheaper, but needs time and you risk jail time.

It's a 'if we forward the case to court, the offer is gone' thing

Edited by noob7

As it is difficult to enter Thailand without seeing warnings about illegal drug use, he must have known what would happen if caught.

No sympathy here.

Before anyone asks; yes I do drink alcohol and I do smoke tobacco. I am aware of the risks of both to my health, as a cannabis user should also be aware of the risks to his/her health.

It's not a 'little bit of harmless weed.' Cannabis is a dangerous drug; medical research has proven that there is a link between cannabis use and mental health problems. I personally know three people who have developed paranoia and/or schizophrenia following cannabis use; well actually it's only two now, the third killed himself.

It was his death that finally convinced me to stop using it.

Finally, last time I checked neither alcohol nor tobacco were illegal in Thailand; cannabis is.

Yeah, I'm sure that everything in his life was peaches and cream, but that dam_n weed he was smoking just made him kill himself. I'm calling BS.

Edited by kblaze

Yes I have always appreciated the joy and understanding that radiates from your posts, what a privilege it is to know you, even behind the anonymous protection of internet. Personally I couldn't give a rat's arse if you yourself died tomorrow tough guy. You obviously know nothing about the subject but that doesn't stop you making offending comments here. Do some reading.

Offending Who? Drug dealers, pushers and users?

They are the people breaking the law, not me and that`s all I need to know on the subject.

• Like 1

since everybody seems to manage it, i would have thought that it was easy to die everywhere.

perhaps you are referring to the ease with which your retirement visa was obtained?

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 2

my friend was caught with 35grams of weed. he has a buisness visa. is he going to make bail for this offence? is he going to serve a sentance or just a fine, or both? is he going to be deported?

OP, how did he get caught?

Edited by kawaiimomo

I wonder why The Dinosaurs became extinct?whistling.gif

• Like 1

This is a death penalty case, without a doubt and one sure way to give up the habit I suppose.

I sentence him to five years on Thai Visa General Forum...twelve hours a day.

Objection, your honour... disproportionated form of cruelty and in contradiction with the ban of torture.

• Like 2

my mate got caught on koh pangan back in 1997.... he had less than 0.5 gram in his pocket

he was locked up for 2 days, had his passport taken, and was bailed for 50,000B

the lawyer the police sent him said if he gave the 50,000B he could walk that day..... he refused it, and said he would take his chances in court as he needed the 50,000B (he was backpacking, and had no onward ticket)

he went to court in surat thani, and was looking at a 500B fine, plus a stamp in passport and deportation

the lawyer was waiting for him, and said the would do it for half price. he said ok

he still had to go through the court process, but wasnt deported, and no stamp in passport. it was the deportation that would have been bad, as he would be transported to bangkok, and then held until a flight in bangkok was found for him etc, and this could have taken 7 days or so of being locked up

he was lucky

Thailand has decided that drugs take a serious toll on its population and their legal system shows no tolerance to people who traffic or use it.

Yeah, that must be why they have locked up all those big time drug traffickers and stamped out the drug trade. The legal system.

Yeah I am sure it serves a great purpose in locking up recreational pot smokers. Really caught a big fish here.

You can probably blame the US for Asias tough drug laws as i think it was US foreign policy that pressured Asian governments into legislating tough drug laws.

I hope you realize I was being facetious?

I hope you realise I was agreeing with you!

Get a good, i.e. connected, lawyer asap.

#2 jeez, will you guys lay off a man and a bit of dope! If he is hurting anyone it is only himself. And when he is doping he is not doing a cartoon of jim bean or ciggies.

A ''Business Man'' should REALLY know the shit that can happen in LOS for a farang with ANY kind of illegal dope and the possible penalties. I DO and l am not a business man. sad.png
  • Like 1

will you guys lay off a man and a bit of dope! If he is hurting anyone it is only himself

I am afraid to say, the Court of Thaivisa will as usual indict, find a (guilty) verdict, and sentence. Appeals on grounds of mercy, common sense, or fairness are usually not permitted.

• Like 2

Guys we are talking weed here not heroin or crack

I don't know if any of you even live in Thailand by some of your comments,once you get out off Bangkok weed is everywhere in Thailand a high percent of lOcals smoke it everyday.

As long as the ops friend is not an asshol_e and shows respect to the people dealing with this he could walk with just a fine no deportation,however if he thinks he is a cocky jack the lad type then yes anything could happen.

My advise get a lawyer asap and start negotiations to avoid a court hearing

Everywhere? The only place i have ever seen it is sukhumvit in 20 years of living here, mostly up country.

Now other stuff, that us everywhere.