Magic Jack In 2012 In Bangkok Or Hua Hin?

kamalabob2

I've had great luck with original magic jack telephone device and a friend of mine who lives in Hua Hin, and works in Bangkok is very interested in buying a Magic Jack. He had a Thai friend phone every place listed on the web site, with primarily wrong telephone numbers and ZERO stock or acknowledgement of magic jack being available.

http://www.wolfcominnovations.com/wolfcom_bkk.htm

Can any of the Forum Members site a retail location in Hua Hin or Bangkok where they have seen Magic Jack on retail offer in 2012? Much appreciated.

Last year I too followed that link without success. One the the dealers told me that magicJack was no longer available in Thailand. So I have my son in the US bought it (magicJack Plus) and he sent it to me here in Thailand (via EMS). I got it within 10 days and it has served me very well since then.

However, you may want to check out the link below. Good luck. Cheers.

http://www.voip-thailand.com/vmchk/VoIP-Landline-Phones/Magic-Jack-Plus.html

Kamalabob2

I've been using my Magicjack for years and I love it. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they had free iPhone and android apps and they work great! My phone rings at all places simultaneously.

I do not think you need to buy the type that plugs into your computer any longer. Just download the app and pay for the yearly fee.

Good luck

Mike

Thanks for the confirmation of your experience with those phone numbers. I've had my own Magic Jack sent over in a global priority box with other USA sourced items, but my friend is actually in a hurry to replace his destroyed magic jack. I'll pass that link to him and perhaps some other Thai Visa Forum members have seen the ever elusive Magic Jack in Bangkok or Hua Hin. Thanks.

i have an original version and just did a chat with their support line, they say if I want to sell or transfer they do not support that, however, they say that for 10 USD, i can have the number changed and also change the email address I listed it under and the password, and in 2015 when my five year payment expires that the new owner can renew with his or her own credit card. If your friend is serious he can have mine, I am in Bkk. Sukhumvit Nana area. You can contact to work out a price that is best for both. I have not used it in quite sometime so am willing to let it go.

Fortune Town Mall in Rachada

3rd floor

To be honest I think this is made up.

There must be 40+ stores on the 3rd floor, and so without further details of which store this is almost useless. The lack of detail makes me suspicious.

Furthermore I'm there at least once a week and I have never seen a MagicJack on sale anywhere.

I will apologise if I'm wrong, but this seems like goose chase information.

I bought one in Office Depot in Paradise Park on Srinakarin Rd in Bangkok some months ago. Cost B3000. They had one more left then.

I hardly use mine which is in working order and would consider an offer - it has 5 months of free use left. I live in BKK.

Why buy a usb device that requires your PC to be open while you can buy a VOIP ATA device (Linksys SPA2102 or something much cheaper) and use it to call / receive calls 24/7 ?

I'm sure you also didn't know that you can get a number from your homecountry, forward it to your voip account so that your loved ones can call you at local rates?

This Magic Jack thing seems like a joke to me. Name itself shows its a product like "as seen on TV" marketing!

Why buy a usb device that requires your PC to be open while you can buy a VOIP ATA device (Linksys SPA2102 or something much cheaper) and use it to call / receive calls 24/7 ?

I'm sure you also didn't know that you can get a number from your homecountry, forward it to your voip account so that your loved ones can call you at local rates?

This Magic Jack thing seems like a joke to me. Name itself shows its a product like "as seen on TV" marketing!

Maybe the OP is really referring to a Magic Jack Plus which does not need to be connected to your computer....it's just connects between your router and home phone like a typical VOIP adapter. Personally, I use a Netalk Duo device, which is a Magic Jack Plus competitor. It just hooks between my router and cordless phone (but you can hook it to your computer if you prefer)...works like a charm for calls to and from the U.S....family and friends in the U.S. sound like they are just across the soi...and I got an area/prefix code which is a local call for a key portion of family/friends...doesn't cost them a penny to call me from their landline. Annual renewal is $30...paying $2.50/month for unlimited calling to/from U.S. and just having a U.S. phone number from the comfort of my Bangkok home using my 10 year old cordless phone is hard to beat...and comes in very handy in working issues where you have to call some bank/company/govt agency/etc., back in the U.S. Preaching to the choir I know.

Sure, some others may want to say just use Google Voice (which I do with my Google Voice number using the GrooVeIP App) but it don't always work for inbound calls and I don't leave my smartphone on all the time. Or maybe use Viber, Skype, etc., or similar App/service, but having my NetTalk service/U.S. number makes it easy and free (exculding that small monthly $2.50 cost) to call or receive calls from U.S. through that 10 year cordless phone setting in my living room.

3rd floor

There must be 40+ stores on the 3rd floor, and so without further details of which store this is almost useless. The lack of detail makes me suspicious.

Furthermore I'm there at least once a week and I have never seen a MagicJack on sale anywhere.

Try opening your eyes the next time you are there, there are at least three shops that sell them there.

The fact that you can walk around there and not see any Magicjacks for sale is suspicious to me.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. It's been months since I have shopped at Fortune Town, but I will keep my eye open for a magic jack on my next trip to Bangkok. My friend in Hua Hin, who must live in the WORST mobile phone reception area of that province, ended up having a new Magic Jack Plus sent over from the USA. He had already tried to transfer an older magic jack I gave him , to his account, but he could not get the billing and/or e-mail notification to work the way he wished. But he and I do appreciate the people who did offer to part with similar magic jacks already registered and in Thailand. I sure learned quite a bit about possible android apps from this thread so I am also appreciative of the replies. THANKS.

3rd floor

Try opening your eyes the next time you are there, there are at least three shops that sell them there.

The fact that you can walk around there and not see any Magicjacks for sale is suspicious to me.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

OK I can now confirm as a matter of absolute fact and not opinion that this post was BS.

There are more than 50 stores on the 3rd floor of Fortune Town, and I spent a spare hour and a bit before going to see Cloud Atlas at the cinema opposite checking each one of these stores for Magic Jacks, with my "eyes opened".

(This was not to prove a point, but because I have one, and the last two or three times I used mine I had to wiggle it around and tap it before the computer would see it , so I think its on the point of failing. If there was a place near where I live where I could get one to replace it when it fails I'd like to know, so I looked).

There are absolutely none visible in any store there, I can guarantee as absolute fact. If there ever were, which I strongly doubt, there are none now.

I do not have enough Thai to explain what a Magic Jack is, and didn't have mine with me to show, so I didn't ask.

I suppose you could try going to the 50 or so IT and computer stores with one, to show them, but honestly I'm certain you'd be wasting your time.

The information just isn't true.