Lately I Have Noticed A Lot Of These Avatars

Semper

Maybe you spend to much time online, to look for things like this?whistling.gif

th_Xavatar.jpg

Well, sometimes the avatar is more interesting than the topic/post. tongue.png

Seriously, I was thinking if there is something wrong with my browser settings as this started a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

On a few occasions I have encountered a strange phenomenon where any page visited on the net never fully loaded and I would get a lot of those unfinished images. Try a different browser perhaps, or maybe re-install it. Try also power cycling the router/modem and restarting your OS.That should sort it.

power cycling the router/modem

How do I do this....... pressing the reset button on the router? unsure.png

Power Cycling is just an expensive word for Turning off and turn on again thumbsup.gif

It crowd:

Roy Trenneman: [picking up the phone] Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Uh... okay, well, the button on the side, is it glowing? Yeah, you need to turn it on... uh, the button turns it on... yeah, you do know how a button works don't you? No, not on clothes.

Maurice Moss: [picking up the phone] Hello, IT... Have you tried forcing an unexpected reboot?

Roy: No, no there you go, no there you go. I just heard it come on... no, no, that's the music you heard when it come on... no, that's the music you hear when... I'm sorry are you from the past?

Moss: See the driver hooks a function by patching the system call table, so it's not safe to unload it unless another thread's about to jump in there and do its stuff, and you don't want to end up in the middle of invalid memory! [chuckle] Hello?

Roy: Oh really? Then why don't you come down and make me then. Huh, what you think I'm afraid of you? I'm not afraid of you. You can come down here any time and I'll be waiting for you! [slams down phone] I told her!

Roy: I mean, they have no respect for us up there! No respect whatsoever! We're all just drudgeons to them!

Moss: Yes! If there were such a thing as a drudgeon, that is what we'd be to them.

Roy: It's like they're pally-wally with us when there's a problem with their printer, but once it's fixed--

Moss: They just toss us away like yesterday's jam.

Roy: Yes! Yesterday's jam. That is what we are to them! Actually, that doesn't work as a thing, because, you know, jam lasts for ages.

cheesy.gif

Edited by noob7
  • Like 1

On a few occasions I have encountered a strange phenomenon where any page visited on the net never fully loaded and I would get a lot of those unfinished images. Try a different browser perhaps, or maybe re-install it. Try also power cycling the router/modem and restarting your OS.That should sort it.

Tried that, didn't help.

This is a "print screen" 1 minute ago from General.

post-49205-0-75243300-1354005368_thumb.j

Could be a slow connection to a specific hot-linked page of avatars, or a slow connection generally, or a "filter" in your isp's system, or a dodgy browser, or a browser cache full, or maybe the image actually doesn't exist anymore.

Try to rightclick on the image and you can look at properties, view the image separately, etc.

Hope that helps ;)

Could be a slow connection to a specific hot-linked page of avatars, or a slow connection generally, or a "filter" in your isp's system, or a dodgy browser, or a browser cache full, or maybe the image actually doesn't exist anymore.

Try to rightclick on the image and you can look at properties, view the image separately, etc.

Hope that helps wink.png

For example, I can see your avatar, but not MJCM's (see post # 11). blink.png

Hope that helps wink.png

I am using the standard TV avatar so none to be seen.

Hope that helps wink.png

I am using the standard TV avatar so none to be seen.

Ok, I'm seeing this:

post-49205-0-12074200-1354014731_thumb.j

If you see the same, then TV have changed the standard avatar.

Semper -

This is the information about your own avatar

http://static.thaivi...-49205.jpg?_r=0

You must have loaded it into your account in TV I think.

Now take a look at the properties of the ones you can not see and post them here for us to analyse.

What browser and version are you using? I am guessing this is a recent problem, so what settings or configurations have you changed recently?

added...

MJCM's avatar information is this

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/4130bcb44fd60b516780cccfd8b10da3?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.thaivisa.com%2Fforum%2F%2Fpublic%2Fstyle_images%2Fmaster%2Fprofile%2Fdefault_large.png

so it looks like a hot-linked avatar that TV use - based on MJCM saying that he uses the "standard" TV one...

Edited by jpinx

Semper -

Now take a look at the properties of the ones you can not see and post them here for us to analyse.

What browser and version are you using? I am guessing this is a recent problem, so what settings or configurations have you changed recently?

added...

http://www.gravatar....fault_large.png

so it looks like a hot-linked avatar that TV use - based on MJCM saying that he uses the "standard" TV one...

Ok. I'm using IE9 and this is the info I get from the "properties" of MJCM's avatar:

post-49205-0-16621500-1354018269_thumb.j

Semper -

added...

http://www.gravatar....fault_large.png

Ok. I'm using IE9 and this is the info I get from the "properties" of MJCM's avatar:

I see this with IE9

Semper, can you open this site ?

http://en.gravatar.com/

That's the same info I have - so I reckon your browser cache needs emptying, or you have made some changes to the settings and/or configuration recently. Did you try re-starting your computer completely? That's the usual fix-it for problems in MS stuff w00t.gif

Edited by jpinx

That's the same info I have - so I reckon your browser cache needs emptying, or you have made some changes to the settings and/or configuration recently. Did you try re-starting your computer completely? That's the usual fix-it for problems in MS stuff w00t.gif

I restart/start the computer every morning. Have I made some changes. Well, there was an upgrade of a software we can't discuss on the forum about two days ago. So maybe this upgrade recognize the "standard avatar" as an (dare I say it) ad. ?

I'll make a restart (without said software) and see what'll happen.

Lol. That did the trick and as a bonus, I now know where to by a 1 bedroom condo for 2.4 MB. laugh.png

Obviously I'm going to reset to the former settings and accept whatever the avatars look like. smile.png

Edited by Semper

ah-ha --- I asked you about recent changes tongue.png

Almost certainly this is the culprit. There will be settings in that software which will allow things to happen normally,,,, wink.png

pm me for private discussion about the "software" ;)

Edited by jpinx