Holding hands in public

dazdaz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent quite a bit of time here, best part of 5 years. I was not asking for the Thai pysche opinion, I was hoping for your opinion. Do you have a thai opinion, have you forgotten all your Western ones? My gf has the opinion that it is fine to hold hands in public, even professional women, and it does not automtically render them improper or prostitutes. Perhaps some Thai people think different from other Thai people or is that too crazy to believe?

Also, I'm happy to keep up the discussion, but all the snide remarks about rental gfs, calling my gfs parents pimps, saying I'm in Wimbledon and about not living in Thailand long to downgrade my opinion are not necessary, and are not only rude but un intelligent remarks, so lets just keep to the topic we are discussing.

1. All profeesional girls that hold hands with bfs in public are prostitutes.

2. All parents that ask for a dowry are pimps, rendering there daughters prostitutes.

3. Paying for your gfs night out is the same as giving a hooker a 1000 baht in the morning after having sex, and again makes her a prostitute.

Just to clarify, this is what your saying right?

Also, where does your gf fit into this? I've brought my gf into this often enough to provide examples.

Let's have your ages.

Have you ever paid for a night out when with her?

Do her parents want a dowry if you decide to marry?

I think you will find that I stated professional girls do not hold hands in public with their loved ones.
By the way you didn't, you stated
PROPER THAI GIRLS DO NOT HOLD HANDS WITH MALES IN PUBLIC

I understand that you define proper as not a prostitute, does proper also mean they have to be professional as well?

hmmm, so your 27 and spent 5 years in thailand, so obviously you now speak fluent thai, it took me 2 years but I was 26 when i moved here not like your 22 when you moved here, anyway lets go through your questions.

i shall start with this lovely gem first as you were trying to compare farang and thai.

2. All parents that ask for a dowry are pimps, rendering there daughters prostitutes.
yes i feel sure that european familys try to sell there female offspring.
3. Paying for your gfs night out is the same as giving a hooker a 1000 baht in the morning after having sex, and again makes her a prostitute.

yes you will always pay for women, whether it is for the sex or the meal you will pay, then you have to make the decision on what she is.

1. All profeesional girls that hold hands with bfs in public are prostitutes.

ok i shall excuse your spelling, but as i stated before ,professional girls do not hold hands in public.

a dowry is paid for a virgin bride, is your bride to be a virgin? if so do you need some help?

so obviously you now speak fluent thai,
what's that got to do with it? in fact what does that have to do with anything we are talking about? how mad a thing is that to say. lol.
yes i feel sure that european familys try to sell there female offspring.

I think some european cultures ask for a dowry or pimp fee as you put it for their offspring, though most probably for the male.

yes you will always pay for women, whether it is for the sex or the meal you will pay, then you have to make the decision on what she is.
so you are including your gf as a prostitute in this summary? If so how can she be proper as you previously stated? Hvae you ever bought her a meal? Have you made the decision yet?
ok i shall excuse your spelling, but as i stated before ,professional girls do not hold hands in public.

thx, I've excused yours on a previous post and didn't feel the need to bring it up as I started to lose the argument. lol. You might want to start spell checking words like 'average', it's not 'averedge' lol. Oh, and at the top, 'familys', should be 'families'. And since you want perfect spelling perhaps we shall start using capital letters correctly as well. But lets not get into all that crap.

btw, the way, thx is short for thanks, and 'btw' I will let you work out for yourself.

a dowry is paid for a virgin bride, is your bride to be a virgin? if so do you need some help?

think your'll find that a lot of dowrys are paid for non virgins as well, and a little bit less rudeness to my gf would be appreciated. I haven't been rude about yours, just asked hypothetical questions that you have failed to answer.

Your not one of these guys that think all thai girls are bitches and prostitutes and liars except for the darling one that lives with you, are you?

Amazing. I can't believe how silly this thread could be.

Right... let's get flamed.

I'm Thai-Chinese. I've never been married. I graduated from one of the best universities in Thailand. I am not a prostitute. I am not a virgin. My family owns three companies. Civil engineering related. I spell better than quite a few of you lot - who are native English speakers. I don't give a monkey's about what other people would think about me if I held my man's hand in public. If I want to hold his hand in public, I'll just do it. I'm sorry. I might not be a proper girl. But so long as I am not hurting anyone, I will bloody well do whatever I like.

Flame away.

By the way, the Paying-For-A-Meal-Makes-The-Girl-A-Prostitute sounds very familiar to me. Erco is back from holiday now, isn't he?

I dont care about your education, good background, good job, or that you dont take money for sex, you are obviously a whore elsie, a non proper thai girl and i just hope your family can live with the shame. lol.

btw the way, english is my second language

baby talk was my first.

The point about good girls holding hands in with their guy is person specific. It is considered poor form and an implication of prostitution by many older Thais. Whether your girl decides to follow the custom is largely a product of her self confidence. In the smaller cities, she knows what they are whispering and either she cares or she doesn't.

Double <deleted>!!!! My wife has always held my hand in public, and you could definatly describe her as a "Good girl".

Her brother is openly Gay and sometimes he makes me feel a bit uncomfortable in public, as he is a touchy type person.  If this happens i just pat him on the head and he gets the point.

My (Thai) wife and I certainly do not hold hands in public in Thailand. I have lived in Thailand for quite a few years, on and off, and am aware that passers-by will sometimes say something unpleasant if they see a Thai/farang couple holding hands in public.

It is the height of bad manners to touch a Thai, of either sex or of any age, on the head.

Perhaps you are just culturally insensitive.

Head yes! As for snide comments you will most likely get that anyways regardless if you are holding hands or not.

It doesn't matter where she studied, she is obviously cavorting around pattaya and various other red light districts being totally improper and holding her bf's hand. :o

All that uni education and look what has happened to her. :D

Crazy Dave, sort her out, explain to her how to be a proper thai girl urgently, she's out of control!!!!!! :D

wicked, clickable smileys working again. :D

(what a life @ 2004-12-05 16:09:22)

Well if your going to hold hands, might as well have sex with numerous guys for money as well, your 99% there. lol

Somebody clue this guy in that he's fcukin' with the wrong chick... 

Boon Mee, I was being sarcastic, are you following this thread? :D

I was making the joke about the link between holding hands and the next step which is obviously prostitution according to Crazy Dave, well, not even next step in his opinion. :D

Clickable smileys back now, your find it easier to notice the sarcasm :D

You either can't be British or I can't be funny. :o

'familys', should be 'families'

my mistake, and yours crazy dave btw, it should be family's. just thought i'd better clear that up before you make a whole argument around it.

so it Lovely Cutie a proper thai girl or not? I'm sure she would love to find out from you.

actually, <deleted> to that, it should be familes. wow, smarter than I thought, and I got no degrees :D looks like I was right in the first place Crazy Dave and probably the last place too. :o

I'm Thai-Chinese. I've never been married. I graduated from one of the best universities in Thailand. I am not a prostitute. I am not a virgin. My family owns three companies. Civil engineering related. I spell better than quite a few of you lot - who are native English speakers. I don't give a monkey's about what other people would think about me if I held my man's hand in public. If I want to hold his hand in public, I'll just do it. I'm sorry. I might not be a proper girl. But so long as I am not hurting anyone, I will bloody well do whatever I like.

This is not a flame and it is not spell checked either... :o

I think you have described the average Thai woman, or the ones I have met through my wife. Bright, educated, working and family oriented.

And Unfortunately, for all of us, people like Crazy Dave have a poor attitude towards women, be it Thai women or otherwise. From his previous post "they gave her 2 choices, dump the white man or be fired, that is the Thai physche." Her friends, coworkers and employer probably had a much better understanding of his motives than she did.

And Unfortunately, for all of us, people like Crazy Dave have a poor attitude towards women

Well said. Kinda pisses me off that some farang guy, on top of all the thai guys will look at my gf as a prostitute because she is holding my hand in public. What an asset to Thailand. :D

And you'd think he'd know better because obviously the same people will look at his gf like a prostitute for being with a farang guy.

I think he must be one of these guys that get so brainwashed that their gf is perfect that they think that any girl that does not act the same as her must be a lower class whore and not proper, and even though he knows that other girls look at her this way, he still doesn't see the idiocy in that. :o

Wrong! <deleted> was your first and nothing has changed. 
Very smart. I'm sure you just posted on a topic about how mods should get rid of personal slanting?
Perhaps "what a life" you should spend a bit more time with your GF and less time posting. Soon she may become your Ex from neglect and you may become synical about all Thai women like some others.

She's been to sleep and is at work now. Thanks for trying to help me out with my relationship but if you don't mind I'll keep it as it is. :o

I think you will find that Thai professional girls, ie teachers and lawyers etc would never hold the hand of their partner in public, whether Thai or farang partner.

Bargirls learn from there first day that farangs like to hold hands, it = more money.

My Thai girlfriend has 2 degrees and i have lived with her for 11 years now and we do not hold hands in public, Thai girls living or going out with farangs get enough ridicule from the fellow Thais to warrant this not holding hands.

A perfect example of this is the last time I was in Sri Racha, we walked past a restaurant, one of the girls there said my girlfriend had big breasts, the other said that the farang must have paid for them.

But obviously a lot of the posters here do not actually speak Thai so they have know idea of what is being said to their wives or girlfriends on a daily basis.

PROPER THAI GIRLS DO NOT HOLD HANDS WITH MALES IN PUBLIC..

Define proper?

I know a TG with a string of letters behind her name who is a right <deleted> bag.

I know Thais who think that any girl going out with a farung is NOT proper.

What does proper mean??

One that is not a prostitute..

But we started off talking about "professional" girls, and let's face it, that is the oldest profession!! :o

Wrong! <deleted> was your first and nothing has changed. 

Very smart. I'm sure you just posted on a topic about how mods should get rid of personal slanting?

Perhaps "what a life" you should spend a bit more time with your GF and less time posting. Soon she may become your Ex from neglect and you may become synical about all Thai women like some others.
She's been to sleep and is at work now. Thanks for trying to help me out with my relationship but if you don't mind I'll keep it as it is. :D

Or maybe it should be Mods getting rid of abusive trolls like yourself? :o