Thaksin's Daughter Paetongtarn Responds To Coffee Threat

webfact

Paetongtarn responds to coffee threat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- "Tea or coffee?" It's a question routinely asked by flight attendants aboard airliners, but for Paetongtarn "Ung Ing" Shinawatra, the youngest daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the drink would be poured on her face.

"Now I feel uncomfortable to learn that the person who was supposed to be a flight attendant actually wanted to pour coffee on my face. Tea or coffee?" she posted on Instagram under the nickname Ingshin21.

Paetongtarn was responding to a Facebook posting by a person, name unknown, who claimed to be a flight attendant for Cathay Pacific.

In her Facebook post, the woman said she hated the Shinawatra family and wanted to insult a passenger named Paetongtarn and pour coffee on her face. Paetongtarn's flight schedule was also posted on Facebook.

"I just travelled to see my father and to work. If that's wrong or makes you angry, I apologise. I've never thought somebody would have such an idea. Most of the hostesses on Cathay Pacific are polite," Paetongtarn said.

"Pour coffee" quickly became a buzzword on social networks when the story emerged yesterday.

Yongyuth Luchindanont, Cathay Pacific's Thailand sales manager, said the Hong Kong-based airline was conducting an in-house investigation into the matter. The results will be released in a couple of days, he was quoted as saying by Matichon Online.

"Cathay Pacific has a policy to provide best customer service and not to get involved in the politics of any country," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-01

• Like 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I travel quite often between Hong Kong and Bangkok with Cathay and I came to know a couple of Thai flight attendants. They usually are very nice and helpful. It's true that due to their demographic they are mostly "prettty face" Abhisit supporters but I had the chance to fly with a number of members of the ruling party, including one time with K. Thaksin (I was not "with" him, I was just in the same plane) and I have to say they were all shown total proper respect by the members of the staff despite their personal politic opinions.

It is true that there are a couple of old bitter spinsters working there, I was chased by one for a while despite the fact that I was already married with someone she knew. My wife eventually cut all links with this community, there was too much nasty gossips even if it was only from a few individuals.

But it is only gossips, these old witches are unable to do anything else. If Cathay really wants to improve its service, food service should be one of their priority

Edited by JurgenG

I travel quite often between Hong Kong and Bangkok with Cathay and I came to know a couple of Thai flight attendants. They usually are very nice and helpful. It's true that due to their demographic they are mostly "prettty face" Abhisit supporters but I had the chance to fly with a number of members of the ruling party, including one time with K. Thaksin (I was not "with" him, I was just in the same plane) and I have to say they were all shown total proper respect by the members of the staff despite their personal politic opinions.

It is true that there are a couple of old bitter spinsters working there, I was chased by one for a while despite the fact that I was already married with someone she knew. My wife eventually cut all links with this community, there was too much nasty gossips even if it was only from a few individuals.

But it is only gossips, these old witches are unable to do anything else. If Cathay really wants to improve its service, food service should be one of their priority

Rambling a bit this morning? Obviously not had your coffee.

Have you ever tried the coffee on Cathay ? It is so weak you can see the bottom of the cup.

Edited by JurgenG

Surely little miss Shin would realise her clan is not the most popular? Maybe she is not as thick skinned as her old man. Why would she even bother to reply to the post unless she feels the guilt on behalf of her clan...

I think she reply because her PR adviser told her so, while they do everything to get her punished.

(I have to admit, while I understand the feeling of the flight attendant, it is a bit unprofessional......)

why should they be mostly Abhisit supporter???

......they are mostly "prettty face" Abhisit supporters .....

Very odd comment??

As opposed to what - ugly face Taksin supporters - I hope for your sake your wife supports Abhisit that's all i can say, unless of course you like 'ugly'

Odd comment equating looks to personal politics?? Book and cover spring to mind.

Not odd at all. Simply noting that those employed as air hostesses are considered 'Thai beautiful', I.e. white- skinned and of Chinese descent. This demographic are overwhelmingly rich, Bangkokians and therefore Abhisit supporters as opposed to brown- skinned Isaan girls who are overwhelmingly Thaksin supporters and generally considered ugly by Thai society.

Your response shows your understanding of Thai culture

• Like 2

Very odd comment??

As opposed to what - ugly face Taksin supporters - I hope for your sake your wife supports Abhisit that's all i can say, unless of course you like 'ugly'

Odd comment equating looks to personal politics?? Book and cover spring to mind.

Not odd at all. Simply noting that those employed as air hostesses are considered 'Thai beautiful', I.e. white- skinned and of Chinese descent. This demographic are overwhelmingly rich, Bangkokians and therefore Abhisit supporters as opposed to brown- skinned Isaan girls who are overwhelmingly Thaksin supporters and generally considered ugly by Thai society.

And your post clearly demonstrates that when it comes to Thai culture, you haven't managed to penetrate the epidermis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Oh please do elaborate and educate oh dear insightful one. Lol.

By coincidence in the same week,

- The online version of the Chinese Communist Party's official newspaper was fooled by the US satirical website, The Onion.The People's Daily ran a 55-page photo spread of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un after he was declared The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012.

- The Ukraine TV stations covered an "important" story live. The prime minister, Mykola Azarov, oversaw the signing ceremony with the purported representative of the Spanish company Gas Natural Fenosa, Jordi Sardà Bonvehí. A few days later it turned out that no one at Gas Natural had heard of Bonvehí. "This person does not represent the company," a spokesman for the firm said.

I doubt any Cathay FA would threaten to pour coffee on someone like Paetongtarn. Do you think the FAs actually know who she is? I think Paetoongtarn has been nicely pwned, and all those weighing in with yea, she deserves it, have been pwned too.

• Like 1

Very odd comment??

I have seen a lot of BS posts in my time and this one is right at the top of the scale.
  • Like 2

Very odd comment??

Here's an image of a pretty face, mega rich, Bangkokian, white-skinned (actually slightly coffee colored) woman of Chinese descent who is a Thaksin supporter as it happens.

Many Isaan women with beautiful "brown" skin are considered stunningly beautiful.

As a rich teacher you should be aware of that as also many southern "Abhisit supporters" are considerably darker than Isaan women..

post-9891-0-44560600-1354328488_thumb.jppost-9891-0-44419900-1354328481.jpg

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

This is all PR.

Bad PR is better than no PR.

Honestly if little miss Paetongtarn didn't react in such a manner hardly anyone would know about the incident. Now half of Thailand knows about it.

I guess she hasn't had her name in the papers for a long time.

• Like 1

Very odd comment??

Beside that Thaksin (and his daughter) are Chinese descent, the strongest Abhisit supports I know are dark (black) skinned southerners. Nakhon Si Thammerat, Surat Thani, Thung Song, rubber cutting women. moderate wealthy but very dark and from the way they speak surely not suitable as air hostesses. Also I doubt that overwhelmingly rich people work as air hostesses.....