Thaksin's Daughter Paetongtarn Responds To Coffee Threat

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Look Out Ms Shinawatra, here comes an airline-hostess with a tray of complimentary-drinks, should your bodyguards take her out immediately, or merely get your elite food-taster to sample her wares, before you consume your beverage ?" rolleyes.gif

"Tea or coffee, well as long as they don't have that disgusting orange-drink, which Thai Airways always serve !" bah.gif

"Should have flown Dubai Airways, for safety, Miss !"

"Damned Plebs, holding opinions of their own about Dear Daddy, what do they think they are, free or something ?!"

"Forget the tea & coffee, bring-on the in-flight shopping-trolley !" smile.png

"And I hear they also said some unkind things, in Parliament the other day, about Auntie Yingluck, the bar-stewardesses !" tongue.png

I travel quite often between Hong Kong and Bangkok with Cathay and I came to know a couple of Thai flight attendants. They usually are very nice and helpful. It's true that due to their demographic they are mostly "prettty face" Abhisit supporters but I had the chance to fly with a number of members of the ruling party, including one time with K. Thaksin (I was not "with" him, I was just in the same plane) and I have to say they were all shown total proper respect by the members of the staff despite their personal politic opinions.

It is true that there are a couple of old bitter spinsters working there, I was chased by one for a while despite the fact that I was already married with someone she knew. My wife eventually cut all links with this community, there was too much nasty gossips even if it was only from a few individuals.

But it is only gossips, these old witches are unable to do anything else. If Cathay really wants to improve its service, food service should be one of their priority

I am totally surprised that Hong Kong nationals and foreign airline staff have any personal politic opinions. about Thailand - my conversations generally end with them saying something along the lines of "when are all these political parties going to grow up!

......they are mostly "prettty face" Abhisit supporters .....

Very odd comment??

As opposed to what - ugly face Taksin supporters - I hope for your sake your wife supports Abhisit that's all i can say, unless of course you like 'ugly'

Odd comment equating looks to personal politics?? Book and cover spring to mind.

Not odd at all. Simply noting that those employed as air hostesses are considered 'Thai beautiful', I.e. white- skinned and of Chinese descent. This demographic are overwhelmingly rich, Bangkokians and therefore Abhisit supporters as opposed to brown- skinned Isaan girls who are overwhelmingly Thaksin supporters and generally considered ugly by Thai society.

Your response shows your understanding of Thai culture

Actually you made the whole thing even odder, by making reference to white-skinned Thais of chinese descent, seing as your idol, the fugitive convict himself, and his entire clan fit that description to a T.

One of the girls in my condo is a Cathay Pacific air hostess and is definitely Thai, do people think there are not Thai girls on CP.

Also as someone suggested a bit of PR just ahead of the launch of her new VOICE TV idea.

And when is Daddy gonna start kicking up a fuss about it.

Edited by beano2274

Surely little miss Shin would realise her clan is not the most popular? Maybe she is not as thick skinned as her old man. Why would she even bother to reply to the post unless she feels the guilt on behalf of her clan...

I wonder is it wrong to defend oneself....or ...when someone slaps you on the left cheek turn the right cheek to her too.

All the stewardess wrote was that she thought of doing it, thinking is not a crime.

posting this on facebook is criminally stupid however.

CP have a lot or Thai girls working on the Thai routes, most do look like the Thai HiSo beautiful idea I have to agree.

As to how she knew it was Thaksins daughter I imagine the passenger manifest might have given a slight clue!!

• Like 1

Very odd comment??

As opposed to what - ugly face Taksin supporters - I hope for your sake your wife supports Abhisit that's all i can say, unless of course you like 'ugly'

Odd comment equating looks to personal politics?? Book and cover spring to mind.

Not odd at all. Simply noting that those employed as air hostesses are considered 'Thai beautiful', I.e. white- skinned and of Chinese descent. This demographic are overwhelmingly rich, Bangkokians and therefore Abhisit supporters as opposed to brown- skinned Isaan girls who are overwhelmingly Thaksin supporters and generally considered ugly by Thai society.

I have seen a lot of BS posts in my time and this one is right at the top of the scale.

I hope Rich is a better teacher than he is a poster.

Very odd comment??

I didn't realise that the Paetongtarn was an Abhisit supporter!

• Like 1

Her Dad was PM not her.

Imagine having some whacko post that they want to scald your daughters head- because they don't like you.

I agree. She keeps out of politics and this kind of bullying is not acceptable.

I would have a tad more respect for her had her immediate family not had a reputation for starting rumours for sympathy.

• Like 1

Very odd comment??

Actually you made the whole thing even odder, by making reference to white-skinned Thais of chinese descent, seing as your idol, the fugitive convict himself, and his entire clan fit that description to a T.

But not a tea?

We are all experienced travellers and know how to conduct ourselves when on board. For example, I am often appalled by Arabs and Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis who refuse to remain seated when taxi-ing and ignore the instructions of stewards.

I also am abhored by the rude behaviour whenever it is exhibited.

Personally, I can vouch for the excellence of all steward staff of all airlines I have travelled with. I do not deny that there may be some grains of truth within this 'non' story but personally, I would think that some spolit brat's attitude has provoked a comment re: the coffee.

China cuurently is eperiencing a social reaction to the second generation rich. That is, the children of the wealth creators who now live idle wasteful lives indulging in spending vast portions of that wealth. I suggest that the contributions of the Thaksin children to society whilst less damaging than their father's, and about as measureable as their PM sister's, is totally insignificant.

So we have a rich, indulged, cocooned young woman provoking a response from a normally unflappable and professional steward.

Personally, I think it shouldn't have warranted any response. Privately, on here? .... I think the queue to pour the coffee would stretch the full length of all airport runways.

Save me a place and invite the rest of her 'clan.'

• Like 1

Let's be fair, an air hostess or flight attendant is no more than a sky borne waitress with all the stress and strain that comes with the position.

Then of course they are often dealing with inflated opinions as to their worth of the spoiled attention seeking offspring of Thaksin and others of that ilk.

Let's be fair, an air hostess or flight attendant is no more than a sky borne waitress with all the stress and strain that comes with the position.

Then of course they are often dealing with inflated opinions as to their worth of the spoiled attention seeking offspring of Thaksin and others of that ilk.

Know Thaksins daughter personally do you?

In my experience its often waitress at altitude with attitude!

What stress and strain??

• Like 1

CP will be looking for a new flight attendent soon. She doesnt have the right to post on Facebook a clients flight schedule nor her views about a passenger. CP is very professional and won't tolerate attends political views to cast doubt on their service. BYE BYE darling!!!

• Like 1

CP will be looking for a new flight attendent soon. She doesnt have the right to post on Facebook a clients flight schedule nor her views about a passenger. CP is very professional and won't tolerate attends political views to cast doubt on their service. BYE BYE darling!!!

The thing is in virtual land you can be anything you want to be. Boy, girl, octagenarian, teenager, rock star, Korean boy band singer, millionaire and Cathay Pacific hostess etc.

To do this type of thing you'd really have to be some kind of idiot. You'd be doubly stupid to use your personal account and tripply stupid to do it from your home or phone.

It will not taken long at all to track down the origin and in all probability it will be an internet cafe. I guess it would be more appropriate if it were a Starbucks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Lets be fair, they are there for much more than that. The best thing for air travellers, is if they never get to find out.
  • Like 2

Very odd comment??

Absolutely hilarious - So Cathy Pacific - A HONG KONG airline!!! Only employs people considered Thai Beautiful and ignores issan girls - read the post - It;'s Cathey Pacific HONG KONG carrier n case you missed that. So what the hell has employment by a Hong Kong company got to do Bangkok voters?? and Abhisit supporters?? Of course they probably look of Chinese decent - Its a XXXXXXXX Chinese company!!!

Cathey Pacific - Hong Kong - Thai culture - show me the link - In your frenzied over zealous response you failed to read the detail of the question.

Its a Chinese registered company, based in HK, but its a part of the UK based Swire group, so in essence a UK company

• Like 1

Surely little miss Shin would realise her clan is not the most popular? Maybe she is not as thick skinned as her old man. Why would she even bother to reply to the post unless she feels the guilt on behalf of her clan...

You give her much too much crediiblity and brain power.