How Does One Renew K-Web Shopping Card From Kasikorn Bank?

I realize this is a rudimentary question, but I couldn't find the answer by either Googe or the Kasikorn Bank website.

I've had a K-Web Shopping Card for 2 years, and my expiration date is at the end of this month December 2012.

Having this virtual on-line credit card has really been great! Linked to my Kasikorn Bank account, it allows me the freedom to make on-line purchases, etc.

I want to continue to use it.

My question is this.

How do I RENEW this card?

Will Kasikorn Bank email me notice and instructions on how to do it?

Will it automatically be renewed?

Will I have to apply for a NEW card and go through the whole process again?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for reading my inquiry.

Edited by MikeOKitches

Mine was automatically renewed, they didn't actually notify my me, I noticed a new expiry date and security number on my account details page on their website.

If you have a debit card with Kasikorn, you can now register to use that, via an ATM, for use online, this means it can be used to buy flight tickets where a physical needs to be produced.

Mine was automatically renewed, they didn't actually notify my me, I noticed a new expiry date and security number on my account details page on their website.

If you have a debit card with Kasikorn, you can now register to use that, via an ATM, for use online, this means it can be used to buy flight tickets where a physical needs to be produced.

Thank you so very much for responding to my question. I was a bit worried I wouldn't have a replacement or renewed K-Web Shopping Card by the end of the month!

I do indeed have a Kasikorn debit card. I had no idea that I could register to use this, via an ATM, for use ONLINE! Is it an easy process?

When you state this (the debit card) can be used online for airline tickets "where a physical needs to be produced," do you mean PHYSICAL ADDRESS? I just want to make sure.

Also, is it difficult to make a change of address with Kasikorn Bank? I haven't been at the address I originally opened my account at in December 2010.

I wonder if I can do effectuate this online or do I need to go to the branch where I opened my account.

I want to change my registered address to my P.O. box.

I wonder if I can do that.

Not sure if you'll ever come back to the thread, but once again I'm very grateful you took the time to read and respond to my post.

Have a GREAT Saturday!

You can simply issue yourself a new K-Web shopping card through your online banking interface. Easy.

smile.png

I looked for a "renewal" link in my Kasikorn Banking interface, and I can't seem to find it.

Are you saying it would be easier to apply and receive a "new" K-Web card? Would I have to go through all of the verification process like my original one?

Also, theoldgit stated above his was automtically renewed. There seems to be a difference in approach. Obviously, the "easiest" would be the automatic renewal. rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much for your imput. I appreciate it greatly.

I do indeed have a Kasikorn debit card. I had no idea that I could register to use this, via an ATM, for use ONLINE! Is it an easy process?

When you state this (the debit card) can be used online for airline tickets "where a physical needs to be produced," do you mean PHYSICAL ADDRESS? I just want to make sure.

Also, is it difficult to make a change of address with Kasikorn Bank? I haven't been at the address I originally opened my account at in December 2010.

1. Very easy to activate your Debit Card for online use via an ATM, it takes a couple of minutes and has the added benefit of being sent an SMS whenever the card is used.

There is an extra security feature that when you use it online, you use Verified by Visa via a one time password.

2. When I said a physical card, I was referring to the fact that many airlines require sight of the actual card used to make the booking and actually exclude virtual cards.

3. I have never notified my Kasikorn branch of my change of address.

You can simply issue yourself a new K-Web shopping card through your online banking interface. Easy.

smile.png

I looked for a "renewal" link in my Kasikorn Banking interface, and I can't seem to find it.

Are you saying it would be easier to apply and receive a "new" K-Web card? Would I have to go through all of the verification process like my original one?

Also, theoldgit stated above his was automtically renewed. There seems to be a difference in approach. Obviously, the "easiest" would be the automatic renewal. rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much for your imput. I appreciate it greatly.

It's on the left side of the page under the service menu.

K-Web Shopping Card>

Apply Card

View Card Details

Change Card Limit

etc.

If you first select suspend card (for your current card), you simply click to Apply Card again and they'll issue you a new number, expiration date, and CVV. You'll of course need your cell phone that you registered with K-Bank as it'll send you a one time password to verify each step.

And just to make sure, you're talking about the K-Web card that is the virtual card, yes? They don't actually 'send' you anything. You just see the new virtual card number there in your banking interface which you can use for web transactions.

:)

One month before expiration I contacted Kasikornbank and was told I would get an e-mail.

As after two weeks I did not receive the e--mail I asked a nice Kasikornbank Branch employee what I had to do. Sche called the same contact center and was told it was automatic.

Automatic or not, when I came home to check on-line my card was valid for another year.

I have used my K Web shopping card several times with internet purchases from Australia, USA and the UK no problem at all but it was not suffice for the fee for a British passport renewal out of Hong Kong.

I love the fact you can have it set at zero credit, then before an intended purchase I can set a limit to the purchase price for the item purchased, a day or 2 after the the purchase I drop the limit back to Zero, to reduce the chance of fraud.

Works well for me BW.

Address change with Kasikorn Bank can be done easily through Internet banking, under profile, you do need the one time password number which is issued to the phone number registered to your account simple process and takes effect immediately! however to change my Passport number and the telephone number for receipt of the one time passwords, I had to download the forms through internet banking then print fill them in and go to the branch where the account is held, lodge the forms show new passport and they said it would take 5 days to change then I would receive an email confirmation, of the changes made and an sms to my new phone number to confirm its use for internet banking (South Pattaya Branch).

Hope this info may be of use to someone, I just did mine Monday Dec 3rd.

Regards BW

• 2 weeks later...

Address change with Kasikorn Bank can be done easily through Internet banking, under profile, you do need the one time password number which is issued to the phone number registered to your account simple process and takes effect immediately! however to change my Passport number and the telephone number for receipt of the one time passwords, I had to download the forms through internet banking then print fill them in and go to the branch where the account is held, lodge the forms show new passport and they said it would take 5 days to change then I would receive an email confirmation, of the changes made and an sms to my new phone number to confirm its use for internet banking (South Pattaya Branch).

Hope this info may be of use to someone, I just did mine Monday Dec 3rd.

Regards BW

Sorry I haven't checked back here in so long. YOU, sir, have been very helpful. Since I have changed my telephone number, I will follow the steps you have outlined for me. You've been a Godsend. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! wai2.gif

To MikeOkitches.

Just to keep you updated, the form lodged with my branch to change my phone number as used for internet banking for OTP(ONE TIME PASSWORDS), did not change the phone number for K Banking transaction alerts, for receiving SMS for deposits or withdrawls.

After checking the required procedure is to use any K Bank ATM and cancell alerts to your old phone number, then wait 24 hrs and re apply for this service via K Bank ATM inputting your new phone number or the number on which you want to receive the SMS for account movements. Or of course take a number in your branch with ID Bank book etc.

Have a safe festive season.

Regards Bigwilly