Permission To Erect A Fence On A Boundary Line.

The thai landowner is holding all the cards ,he knows ferang want his land ,he can name his price and if the price isn't agreeable the landowner can do what he wants with his land pig farm, motor bike repair shop or karaoke bar are some of the worst examples of what you don't want next door to you.

The thai landowner is holding all the cards ,he knows ferang want his land ,he can name his price and if the price isn't agreeable the landowner can do what he wants with his land pig farm, motor bike repair shop or karaoke bar are some of the worst examples of what you don't want next door to you.

Your right , he does hold the cards. My motivation for starting this post was to find a card or two that we can hold.

There has been many replies to my request for assistance.

Not one, including you, has actually addressed my request.

Everyone has given advice on topics that I did not actually ask.

The owner cannot do as you suggest –pig farms etc.

Planning permission prohibits.

If he does not intend to sell the land then he has 2 options

Receive income from us (at a level that we can manage) or get no income at all.

Edited by Delight

Your right , he does hold the cards. My motivation for starting this post was to find a card or two that we can hold.

Your original question was is the landowner allowed to build a fence on his boundary?

Of coarse he can,you then go on to release more info about how you was all decieved when buying the condos.

You seem a little naive he has alot more than the two options you suggest to many ferang think they can control what a thai national does on there own land forget your western ideas he can do what he likes planning permission don't me laugh!

As someone else mentioned there are rules for deep excavations close to other landowners land it sounds like your swimming pool breaks these rules, if the landowner was aware of these rules you could have bigger problems than a galvanised fence

Edited by taninthai

Your original question was is the landowner allowed to build a fence on his boundary?

Of coarse he can,you then go on to release more info about how you was all decieved when buying the condos.

You seem a little naive he has alot more than the two options you suggest to many ferang think they can control what a thai national does on there own land forget your western ideas he can do what he likes planning permission don't me laugh!

As someone else mentioned there are rules for deep excavations close to other landowners land it sounds like your swimming pool breaks these rules, if the landowner was aware of these rules you could have bigger problems than a galvanised fence

That was not my original question. No where do I use the word ‘HIS ’Perhaps you would care to read it again.

The current planning permission limits the land to recreational use.

The Thai law both Civil and Criminal are based on European laws.

The rest of your pointless diatribe is just that –pointless.

If you have something to say with regard to ‘Rules with respect to Boundary lines' –then I will be pleased to hear from you.

OK, at this point our OP has his answer, i.e. The fence must be wholly on the land of the person who built it (unless an alternative agreement is in place).

As to the way forward, that's up to our OP and his condo committee.

This thread is going nowhere fast and is closed, if anyone has some useful content to add please PM me and I'll re-open.

• Like 1