New Years Eve Pattaya, 2012

Suzythai

Susy,

I had family visiting from the UK last NYE & we all stayed at the Holiday Inn. They had a party in the ground floor restaurant that you had to buy tickets for although we didn't get any & we didn't seem to miss much as it was buffet style. We watched at 12am it from the balcony by the swimming pool on the 4th floor where about 20 staff came out for a few mins.

SJ

Very much a question of price... I booked myself into Hilton Edge on 34th floor... but as I said, you need to be ready to pay for such views...

Can you provide some more details,please? Prices?

Actually The Edge is on the 14th floor and is a reasonable buffet restaurant, it does have an outside seating area.

Horizon is on the 34th floor, we went there on a regular evening and paid 2,200 Baht ++ for a mediocre bottle of wine and 200 Baht ++ for a small bottle of water. We had to pay 200 Baht each to access the lift, which was refunded to our bill.

I suspect they will have special, higher, prices for NYE.

We stayed at the Hard Rock a couple of years ago over the New Year and they had a compulsory Gala Dinner followed by music at 7000 Baht each.

There was free flow drinks during dinner but high priced drinks round the pool, they were actually frisking people entering the pool area and confiscating drinks.

It was a pretty good evening but well overpriced. This year they are charging 7,500 Baht each.

Very much a question of price... I booked myself into Hilton Edge on 34th floor... but as I said, you need to be ready to pay for such views...

Can you provide some more details,please? Prices?

Actually The Edge is on the 14th floor and is a reasonable buffet restaurant, it does have an outside seating area.

Horizon is on the 34th floor, we went there on a regular evening and paid 2,200 Baht ++ for a mediocre bottle of wine and 200 Baht ++ for a small bottle of water. We had to pay 200 Baht each to access the lift, which was refunded to our bill.

I suspect they will have special, higher, prices for NYE.

Correct: Edge is on 14th floor (my mistake), Edge does offer outdoor seating (quote from Hilton hompage: " Located on level 14 of the Hilton Pattaya hotel, Edge offers indoor and outdoor terrace dining, stunning views of Pattaya Bay and an abundance of natural light. "

For New Year Eve, price per person is THB 7'000 including a bottle of champagne. Hilton has a brochure with various other offerings for New Year Eve, best to contact them directly for the brochure.

Edited by Swiss1960