Ex-Thai Prime Minister Abhisit ' To Face Murder Charge ': Officials

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai politics in desperation lets call Thaksin in as well for the murder of those muslims who died on a back of the truck in the south few years ago......

come there are far more important things that needs fixing in this country

The stench of Thaksin is all about this, the PTP show their democratic credentials as they drop all pretence of folowing the rule of law......

"The tripartite meeting has decided to charge former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy Suthep Thaugsuban under article 288," said DSI chief Tarit Pengdith, referring to the murder provision under Thailand's criminal code........

Abhisit and Suthep will be summoned by letter to hear the charges and to be questioned on December 12, Tarit said, adding that authorities would not seek court permission to detain the men."

So much for Yinglucks recent statement..........

"I would like to emphasize that the Government fully adhere to the democratic system of government with the monarchy as Head of State. The Government believes in freedom of expression and is convinced that the Parliament is the place for the people’s representatives to settle differences in viewpoints and resolve political conflicts..........

Being a democracy nevertheless, is not only about exercising ones’ freedoms. The rule of law must also be observed and obeyed. Our society can co-exist only if there are rules and boundaries for the exercise of rights and freedoms. By exercising these rights and freedom, it must not impinge on the rights and freedoms of others. Indeed, it is our common duty to protect our democracy so that it is not threatened by those who prefer otherwise." Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra

Bespite Yinglucks claims of the PTP as a democratic party they are increasingly becoming the greatest threat to democracy in Thailand.

Edited by waza

The court found that the 43-year-old was caught in a volley of gunfire when he ran out of a central Bangkok apartment block to see what was happening after hearing soldiers open fire at a minibus that had strayed into an area under army control.

Then surely his death was one of "miss-adventure" by his own actions as apposed to one of murder by AV.

Wrong place, wrong time NO BRAIN !

• Like 1

"The tripartite meeting has decided to charge former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy Suthep Thaugsuban under article 288," said DSI chief Tarit Pengdith, referring to the murder provision under Thailand's criminal code.

If they flee the country, the Thai police will never be able to find them......even if they know where they are. While they are away they might want to threaten to spend millions to arm terrorists, oops, already been done.

"The tripartite meeting has decided to charge former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy Suthep Thaugsuban under article 288," said DSI chief Tarit Pengdith, referring to the murder provision under Thailand's criminal code.

If they flee the country, the Thai police will never be able to find them......even if they know where they are. While they are away they might want to threaten to spend millions to arm terrorists, oops, already been done.

Only after they are found guilty but allowed bail so they can attend the FIFA world cup in Brazil. lol

• Like 1

Wonder if the courts will make charges against Jatupon and the others as their red shirts killed Army personnel. Doubt it very much.

Think the outside world is laughing at Thailand again

How is that? Abhisit was the leader when some of the most oppressive censorship, brutal crackdowns and harshest sentences anywhere in the world were carried out under his leadership. Only fitting he is held responsible.

He may be considering using his British passport soon

Time Traveller, if you really think that then I don't think you know much about the world (or Thailand for that matter). Anywhere in the world? Do you have any idea what goes on in Burma, or China, or Syria, or any one of dozens of other countries any reasonably informed person could name off the top of their head? What a ridiculous statement!

• Like 2

Wonder if the courts will make charges against Jatupon and the others as their red shirts killed Army personnel. Doubt it very much.

aren't they always laughing at the law in this country

Taxi driver refused to stop at military checkpoint and tried to run down soldiers

What were the soldiers supposed to do?

In any other country around the world soldiers would have done same.

Another attempt at payback for Yingluck censure motion

Abhisit is too smart for Pheu Thai / Red Mafia games.

Where are Red Shirt Leaders now after burning Bangkok and holding the country to ransom? free as a bird after Pheu Thai win the election.

Edited by LindsayBKK

How is that? Abhisit was the leader when some of the most oppressive censorship, brutal crackdowns and harshest sentences anywhere in the world were carried out under his leadership. Only fitting he is held responsible.

He may be considering using his British passport soon

I think that you don't get out much! I lived in BKK at the time and thought that Abhisit's flaw was not breaking the demonstration up earlier. That was NOT a brutal crackdown. Check the news and history for brutal. I would say that it is inevitable that there are casualties when both sides are armed (or even if only one side is armed). It was UNFORTUNATE and SAD that anyone died, both on the side of the demonstrators and the government. I must say though that I miss the sight and sound of people gathered around burning mounds of tires in the middle of intersections.

• Like 2

I fully approve of public officials being held accountable for their actions, up to and including murder. I would also put the military on trial, from the generals down. The military are the servants of the public, not their murders. The more that these people are held accountable, the greater their reluctance to kill people.

I suppose that everyone has followed the evolution of the protests of the red shirts in Bangkok, and the exhausting attempts of mediation made by Abhisit.

I did, because I live very near Ratchaprasong and Lumpini...

But that protest, just like any communist protest , was looking for martirs. They knew that was about to happen. But they need to lock a city like Bangkok for a couple of months before to get the target, though.

And thus they have used it to win, and now they are trying to use it again to get rid of the worst antagonist. Whos is getting more powerful day after day the red shirts demostrate how good they are to govern this country.

(If my comment is bit too strong can be deleted. OK)

• Like 1

Despite all the slurs & innuendo about Abhisit, it is obvious now that the Thaksin-run government is afraid of him. Two witch-hunts in the space of 2 months is taking the country back to Thaksin's local rule when the same sort of silence-the-opposition strategy was used against journalists, protestors, business & political opponents.

Brilliant 'reconciliation' strategy which can only boost the various anti-government groups. The political scenario here is getting worse & the 'coup' cry will only get louder.

• Like 1

"adding that authorities would not seek court permission to detain the men"

That is the scariest government statement I have ever read in Thailand, they are in fact intent on circumventing the courts and the rule of law

• Like 1