Sattahip Near Pattaya

docspinoff

Hello we have just moved to Sattahip and will be renting a house for 6 months of every year.we are an English couple (47/55) not into live bars and pubs but are looking for places to eat and things to do during the day .would be good to find a nice cafe to get a English cup of tea.and meet like minded people.any help would be good

Have you got a car ?....you will need one to get round the area....if you are looking for place to eat which evens resemble British food you will need to go to Ban Chang area, most of the bars and restaurants are on the strip...food in the Camel is ok, as is the offshore bar and have a look in Steve's Deli over the road from the camel various food items for sale you will be familar with

Unless you play golf not very much to do in the area

Edited by Soutpeel

Don't know too much about the area to advise further, but the beach at sattahip,, I think it's a navy controlled beach called Nang ram beach,, one of the better beaches in the area although it's been a while since we've been there

Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Thanks for the info so far will check them out. Nope don,t play golf, we do have a Honda wave seems to get us around we have been to Patatya a few times on it .But was hoping to find what we looking for a bit more local to Sattahip?

Thanks for the info so far will check them out. Nope don,t play golf, we do have a Honda wave seems to get us around we have been to Patatya a few times on it .But was hoping to find what we looking for a bit more local to Sattahip?

As Soutpeel said earlier, Ban Chang has a good selection of bar/restaurants and is only about 6-7km from Sattahip. Try some of the beach restaurants on Phalla, some really good ones if you are into that stuff.

Turn left and try Bang Saray I think some people who post on here live there. Turn right and as mentioned Ban Chang (which does not mean elephant btw). New Indian restaurant in the Lotus parking area. No Thai menu though you will have to make do with the English version. Big menu 10 different kinds of naan bread. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food. Take a bus or van to Rayong. Lamtong mall 20 good restaurants including Fuji and Sizzler and a wine and cheese place plus Mac's and KFC. When taking a van (lote do) free excitement like an amusement park roller coaster ride (depending on the driver). Bus to Pattaya or Rayong cheap #46 and #57. Sometimes the #46 drivers are drunk and pick up girls along the way for a party.biggrin.png One day it took 3 hours to go 10 miles. It is a relaxed bus.

Bang Saray is a good option. A few places there. Some very nice restaurants as mentioned in Ban Chang on the beach. I've heard this place has a great Sunday roast:

https://www.facebook.com/ValleyViewRestaurantRayong

Let's try this over in the Pattaya forum. Maybe a few members who frequent that forum live near you and can offer some help.

Topic Moved.

Have you got a car ?....you will need one to get round the area....if you are looking for place to eat which evens resemble British food you will need to go to Ban Chang area, most of the bars and restaurants are on the strip...food in the Camel is ok, as is the offshore bar and have a look in Steve's Deli over the road from the camel various food items for sale you will be familar with

English couple / the stip in Bang Chang, wonder how long they will stay a couple.

Don't know too much about the area to advise further, but the beach at sattahip,, I think it's a navy controlled beach called Nang ram beach,, one of the better beaches in the area although it's been a while since we've been there

Jonny

Still in pristine condition and one of the best beaches around, i lived on Samui for 8 years and would put it up there with Samui's best which is Chaweng. just have to mind the rocks in the water.

post-140396-0-55445200-1354875507_thumb.

post-140396-0-71921500-1354875574_thumb.

English couple / the stip in Bang Chang, wonder how long they will stay a couple.

Depends if he gets caught I suppose..biggrin.png

• Like 1

Virtually everybody I knew, who moved down to that general area to live, moved back to Pattaya or Jomtien within 2 years. They found they were traveling back and forth on a regular basis, for basic items like shoes, books etc.

Jonny

Still in pristine condition and one of the best beaches around, i lived on Samui for 8 years and would put it up there with Samui's best which is Chaweng. just have to mind the rocks in the water.

To find it head east towards Rayong on Sukhumvit, turn right at "Kilo-sip", just before you pass the Queen Sirikit Hospital on the right, I think the the junction indicates U-Tapao airport as the public entrance is down that way. Go all the way down that road as far as you can, 8 kilos or more, until you see the entrance to the naval base straight in front of you. Take a left, and after 200-300 metres you'll come to a checkpoint where they'll take 20 baht off you.

Don't go at the weekend unless you like squatting cheek by jowl with hundreds of Thai families accompanied by their dogs and myriad flies. It's quiet during the week.