Abhisit, Suthep: Death Before Amnesty Bill, No Compromises To Whitewash Thaksin

webfact

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people in this country have said many times over, that they would take responsibility for this and that.

Let's just wait and see, how these "heroic" men follow this through.

Do you wanna bet?

Red shirt sympathisers / supporters are i am sure very worried for how it will reflect on dear leader should Abhisit and Suthep be found guilty and should they not act in the same cowardly fashion as him. For them to hang around for a possible death sentence whilst Thaksin couldn't even bear to stick around for a two year jail sentence that most likely would have only amounted to a few weeks behind bars, if that, will be a PR disaster for the reds.

IMHO the Red Shirts would probably declare Victory,and wouldn't give a toss if they were both Executed.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

But IF this goes down, will they really hang around?

First of all: I find this court ruling rather ridiculous. Secondly: the point I was trying to make has NOTHING whatsoever to do with red or yellow! I said, that I have heard it too many times: I will take responsibility for a, b and also c...! Then come the big day and ...oh.... it was not my fault, it was his fault, FIFA wanted more VIP lounges blah blah blah...

They say a lot- I wonder if the will back out as well, if push comes to shove.

I don't give a rodents behind if their names are Sukumband, Abisith, Thaksin or Milli Vanilli!

I get your point but we can only judge people on their current behaviour, can we not? At the moment, Abhisit and Suthep's behaviour is to be admired. They have said they will stand up for themselves and face the consequences, and that's good. If at some future point they back track, well then we can slag them off. Not before.

My point remains that the red side will be very conflicted right now. On the one hand they will be desperate for Abhisit and Suthep to be found guilty. On the other hand, if they are, and if they don't act in the same yellow belly fashion as their hero, it won't look at all good.

Many people in this country have said many times over, that they would take responsibility for this and that.

Let's just wait and see, how these "heroic" men follow this through.

Do you wanna bet?

Red shirt sympathisers / supporters are i am sure very worried for how it will reflect on dear leader should Abhisit and Suthep be found guilty and should they not act in the same cowardly fashion as him. For them to hang around for a possible death sentence whilst Thaksin couldn't even bear to stick around for a two year jail sentence that most likely would have only amounted to a few weeks behind bars, if that, will be a PR disaster for the reds.

IMHO the Red Shirts would probably declare Victory,and wouldn't give a toss if they were both Executed.

You may be right but long term i think the outcome of that scenario would be anything but victory for them. Quite the reverse.

Yeah, yeah AV & ST are big men now, making their claims of fighting the charges in the name of justice. Just wait till things get closer to sentencing and you will see them crying (again) and doing anything they can to avoid jail.

Remember TS only left the country after the bent court had found him guilty.

Thaksin went to the Chinese Olympics,while on Bail,and did a runner from there i.e failed to come back and face the charges.

Yeah, yeah AV & ST are big men now, making their claims of fighting the charges in the name of justice. Just wait till things get closer to sentencing and you will see them crying (again) and doing anything they can to avoid jail.

Rubbish. The court refused to be bent after Thaksin's lawyers tried to bribe it. I know it is difficult for Thaksin acolytes to understand the concept of morality.

Yes! the 2 million baht lunch box,handed over by Thaksins lawyer. And refused by the honorable Judges,as I remember,Thaksins lawyer got a prison sentence for his corruption efforts,shame his Master couldn't have joined him,but you need a backbone for that to happen.

Rubbish. The court refused to be bent after Thaksin's lawyers tried to bribe it. I know it is difficult for Thaksin acolytes to understand the concept of morality.

Yes! the 2 million baht lunch box,handed over by Thaksins lawyer. And refused by the honorable Judges,as I remember,Thaksins lawyer got a prison sentence for his corruption efforts,shame his Master couldn't have joined him,but you need a backbone for that to happen.

And the lawyer later became a Peua Thai party list candidate.

• Like 1

Of course he did. He has all the qualifications to be a Pardon Thaksin Party candidate. Sentenced to prison for corruption automatically qualifies.

Serving Jail time for a client can be quite rewarding! but he must have been a crap Lawyer.

"I hereby affirm that I will not negotiate for anybody's interest. I insist that wrongdoers must be brought to justice and will fight the case based on facts. I will not join the process to absolve people who cheated the country. I'll accept my fate even if the judicial process lands me in jail or gets me executed, but I will not whitewash the wrongdoings of cheaters," the opposition leader said.

These guys have balls, its good to see someone stand up to the convficted criminal Thaksin, instead of accepting his corrupted money to toe the line. If more followed their example and followed the rule of law and not the rule of Thaksin, Thailand would again be an asian tiger.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke

It encouraging to see good men doing something.

these guys where put in power through a coup, thaksin may be a crook , and these guys surely arn't murderers but, all this "good men " suff , really ?

What could be an interesting scenario would be that both Abhisit and Suthep are actually chrged with the capital offence and stand trial.However the judges then return a not guilty verdict.and the two men walk free.

Indeed it would be very interesting to see how those people and their followers with a vested interest in a guilty verdict would react in the event of such a happening

Also how would such an outcome affect others who may be in line to be charged whatever their political hue may be ?

Methinks there is indeed a Pandora's box about to be opened if this farce continues, which will backfire on its sponsors both here and abroad...

open-box.jpg.

• Like 2

This will be a hard concept for Thaksin and his PTP lackeys to understand - that someone would take a stance on a moral position where there is no benefit to themselves.

no benefit to themselves? you must be joking!! public image maybe?

they know100% that they won't be convicted... brave men my ring.

Reconciliation bill even if it is passed, has nothing to do with the crime against humanity

committed. The persons in charge of ordering heavily armed soldiers to open fire on unarmed

civilians will still be brought to justice - amnesty are only for the victims or political prisoners

who are still on trials and in prisons. People will never allow reconciliation with murderers.

So, please explain what order was given

Cleanse the nation of all taxi drivers! Take no prisoners! Attack!

I am Spartacus!

Reconciliation bill even if it is passed, has nothing to do with the crime against humanity

committed. The persons in charge of ordering heavily armed soldiers to open fire on unarmed

civilians will still be brought to justice - amnesty are only for the victims or political prisoners

who are still on trials and in prisons. People will never allow reconciliation with murderers.

So no amnesty for common criminals convicted of fraud then?

Do you have proof that the court was bent? Seemed a very straight forward case from the reports. Although could have another "honest mistake guv" thumbsup.gif

You must be having a laugh! the crying has already been done by your fugitive hero coward in Dubai.

• Like 1

As teacher you should know to check before stating. Mind you as rather new member here such 'faux pas' will be forgiven you easily wink.png

2008-08-11

"Mr Thaksin is on bail over corruption charges but failed to make a scheduled Bangkok court appearance on Monday."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7553028.stm

2008-10-21

"Former Thai PM Thaksin found guilty of corruption

Thailand's former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was today sentenced to two years' imprisonment in absentia over a corrupt land deal."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/21/thaksin-thailand-corruption

He was accused, treid and found Guilty in a Thai court under a government run by his brother in law. He asked for bail and got it, he asked to leave the country and return and got it.

He absconded from bail and became a fugitive and has not yet had the courage to return to Thailand which he can do at any time and rebut the charges in court.

Your confusing him with facts! Shrewd political commentators like RT aren't interested in facts. Propaganda's much more entertaining.

Propaganda actually meaning untruths.

• Like 1

This will be a hard concept for Thaksin and his PTP lackeys to understand - that someone would take a stance on a moral position where there is no benefit to themselves.

no benefit to themselves? you must be joking!! public image maybe?

they know100% that they won't be convicted... brave men my ring.

Ah yes, Public image. With that and $5 you'll get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. OTOH it's one of the few assets of the PM. But i was referring to real, tactile, folding or bankable type benefits - the sort PTP understands, and lusts after despite its stench.

As to the likelihood of a conviction, it seems you have some faith in the Thai court system. Whether it is totally immune to political manipulation is another argument.

• Like 2