Thai-Built Mg's Coming

IMHO

The Thai Government has threatened increasing LPG for years. Maybe they will, or maybe they will back down again, who knows. Fuel pricing and subsidies are fickle in LOS. Over the last decade LPG, CNG, Gasohol and bio diesel have all been promoted to reduce dependence on imported oil. In that period Biodiesel has come and gone, PTT have dragging out establishing NGV stations and E85 is as rare as an honest politician. TIT.

Those are NOT what I had in mind when I heard 'BG'. I can see them being as popular or, less, than a hyundai and priced is the same bracket.

The biggest problem maybe Reliability [MG one automatically thinks of BL and all of them broken down at the side of the road]

South Korean carmaker Hyundai shared sixth place, way above maker like BMW and Benz, or mid range Chevy or Ford..

​Can MG China build cars to = 1st place Lexus ? or even 6th place Hyundai ?

They will not need to compete with either Lexus or Hyundai.

It will be interesting to see how the CP / SAIC partnership evolves but it would be a mistake to under estimate SAIC ability to build cars and CP's marketing ability in Thailand. IF they put together a half decent but dull and cheap car and get a decent dealer to sell them in each major area, they would be ahead of Hyundai, Proton and the budget Euro brands. Hyundai went from crap in the mid 80's to decent cars now that threaten Toyota and Honda (outside of Thailand of coarse). SAIC appear to want to do the same, probably without any MG - British Leyland genes though.

Edited by Jitar