Russian Tourist Found Dead In South Pattaya Hotel Room

Rimmer

Russian Tourist found dead in South Pattaya Hotel Room

PATTAYA:--On Sunday Night a Hotel cleaner discovered the body of a Russian Tourist lying on the bathroom floor of his room.

Police and rescue services were called to the Caesar Palace Hotel and to room number 217 just after 8pm on Sunday to deal with the deceased man who was lying on the bathroom floor. Evidence of blood and vomiting around the room were seen but no suspicious abrasions or other injuries were seen to suggest a third-party may be involved in the death.

Hotel staff informed Police that Mr. Vladimir Batuev aged 46, had checked in on 1st December and was due to leave on 14th December. He was seen to bring alcoholic drinks back to his room on a daily basis and staff mentioned that he appeared to remain inside his room for most of each day, and would only leave to purchase drinks.

Full story:--http://www.pattayaon...aya-hotel-room/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Why would someone go on holiday to Thailand and spend their entire time in their hotel room drinking by themselves.

Why would someone from Russia come to Thailand on holiday and only eat Russian food.

Sad case. The man was clearly a severe alcoholic and died in a classic way for alcoholics.

• Like 1

why would someone from Russia come to Thailand on holiday and only eat Russian food.

No different than someone from American coming to Thailand and looking for McDonalds or Pizza, or a Brit coming to Thailand and wanting to drink in an "English" pub along with his own country men....yes very sad

Agree but some people like home comforts even when they are on holiday. It doesn't mean they don't get out and about and sample local culture and attractions at the same time.

The hotel staff said this chap only left his room to buy alcohol. A sad demise indeed.

Pattaya Hotel Maid Finds Dead Russian In Room

A 46-year-old Russian man was found dead in his room by the hotel maid at the Caesar Palace hotel. There were no injuries on the man’s body. Police found liquor in the room and medication to treat alcoholism. The hotel staff said the man never went anywhere and just drank in his room.

PATTAYA – December 9, 2012 [PDN]; at 8 p.m., a report of a foreigner dying in his hotel room was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Prasit Munsri, investigation officer of Pattaya police station.

He went to check the scene with Pol. Col. Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, Superintendent; Pol. Lt. Col. Pichet Sirinan, inspector; the detective police team; and the rescue officer of Sawangboribulthammasatharn Pattaya foundation.

The victim was staying in a second-floor room in the Caesar Palace hotel on Second Road in central Pattaya. He was identified as Mr. Vladimir Batuev, age 46, nationality Russian.

Police found him lying on the bathroom floor, wearing only black underwear. There were no injuries on his body or any signs of violence in the room. There was vomit and bloodstains in the restroom, on the bed, and all around the floor. Police estimated the victim had been dead between 2 to 3 hours.

Police found liquor and beer on the dressing table. There was also medication and documents about the victim’s medical history, which indicated the medication was for treating alcoholism. Police kept the medication and documents for evidence.

Police questioned the hotel maid who had found the body, Ms. Molreudee Anuyahong, age 33. She told police that she had knocked the door of the room and called out to Mr. Vladimir, in order to enter and clean his room. But there was no reply. So she used the spare key to unlock the door and found the corpse of Mr. Vladimir on the bathroom floor.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...ussian-in-room/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-12-10

footer_n.gif

When I first arrived here I did try to eat western food because the local cuisine gave me ferocious indigestion issues, totally understandable for tourists who come for brief stays. After having lived here a while, I eat more or less any type of food with the exception of internal organs. The marvelous luxury we have here is the wide variety of food from the world. Its sad to see people visiting here and suddenly dying, no holiday is worth your life.

• Like 1

Choking on your own vomit can happen to anyone who drinks too much booze in a short time for whatever reason. Even non-alcoholics. But chances are this guy was a chronic alcoholic.

http://www.collegedr...lpoisoning.aspx

What Can Happen to Someone With Alcohol Poisoning That Goes Untreated?

Victim chokes on his or her own vomit

Edited by Jingthing

Why would someone go on holiday to Thailand and spend their entire time in their hotel room drinking by themselves.

Why would someone from Russia come to Thailand on holiday and only eat Russian food.

Sad case. The man was clearly a severe alcoholic and died in a classic way for alcoholics.

What would give rise to to the suggestion that 'the man was clearly a severe alcoholic and died in a classic way for alcoholics'

(a) is it the classic way for someone to travel a quarter of the way around the world to drink? (cool.png perhaps he had a string of hookers brought to his room © maybe he overdosed on a performance enhancing get upper.

It's no wonder the BiB jump to assumptions when we have contributors on this forum all doing the same passifier.gif

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 1

Um, how about blood? We did have a case here where a guy died in his hotel room drinking - drank himself to death. Vomiting, yes. Blood? All over the room, found in different spots? No way the guy managed to cut himself (if he did, was there a blood-stained knife? any evidence at all?) So... there was definitely a third party. The question remains - what's behind the official version of the events?

• Like 1

I,m not a medic, but isn't there more than a fair chance that the blood could have been "coughed up ", for lack of a better expression !?

I reckon that too.

Sure investigate the death like any other.

Of course there could be many complex personal and health reasons behind this death. For example, the drinking binge could have been a suicide method. There could have been other medical conditions involved. And so on.

Excessive Drinking: Vomiting of blood usually occurs when someone has consumed excessive alcohol.The acids contained in these alcohols are corrosive in nature and can cause irritation in the gastrointestinal tract. The bleeding can occur either due to excessive coughing or throwing up

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.co...r-drinking.html

Edited by Jingthing

Um, how about blood? We did have a case here where a guy died in his hotel room drinking - drank himself to death. Vomiting, yes. Blood? All over the room, found in different spots? No way the guy managed to cut himself (if he did, was there a blood-stained knife? any evidence at all?) So... there was definitely a third party. The question remains - what's behind the official version of the events?

what a total load of crap you talk , my stepfather was an alcoholic who would vomit blood virtually everyday . Try to get out more and stop with the murder theories .
  • Like 1

Are you completely out in left field? You sound like the BiB confirming it must have been the foreigners fault. No matter what happened. This sounds alarmingly similar to the two teachers that had "too much alcohol" and drugs where they were found in vomit. Is the reporting improving or is there more and more foreigners that are found in a pool of their own puke. If I could make it any clearer; Why are all these people coming to Thailand to die in the same way?

I have seen many alcohilcs with haemetemesis (vomiting blood). There doesn't need to be any external wounds or signs of bleeding. I have also seen people die when we were unable to stem the blood flow. This doesn't need a conspiracy theory of a police cover-up as it is likely to be a death by natural causes.

• Like 1

Choking on your own vomit can happen to anyone who drinks too much booze in a short time for whatever reason. Even non-alcoholics. But chances are this guy was a chronic alcoholic.

http://www.collegedr...lpoisoning.aspx

What Can Happen to Someone With Alcohol Poisoning That Goes Untreated?

Victim chokes on his or her own vomit

Are you serious?

What would give rise to to the suggestion that 'the man was clearly a severe alcoholic and died in a classic way for alcoholics'

(a) is it the classic way for someone to travel a quarter of the way around the world to drink? (cool.png perhaps he had a string of hookers brought to his room © maybe he overdosed on a performance enhancing get upper.

It's no wonder the BiB jump to assumptions when we have contributors on this forum all doing the same passifier.gif

The difference is the BiB have access to the crime scene and generate an unbelievable explanation, where we take what bits of questionable information we get and try to make sense out of it. Also, we do this because we, as foreigners, need to protect ourselves. Apparently, you are not a foreigner and consider this an everyday affair.

why would someone from Russia come to Thailand on holiday and only eat Russian food.

No different than someone from American coming to Thailand and looking for McDonalds or Pizza, or a Brit coming to Thailand and wanting to drink in an "English" pub along with his own country men....yes very sad

why would anyone want to eat russian food ? , i find root veg with cabbage a little bland , sad story though RIP

Everyone is overlooking the Rx found in his room. Some related to drinking problems. I know there are drugs designed to make you very VERY sick if you intake alcohol as a way of getting someone to stop the alcohol intake. Kind of a defensive reaction to drinking. The Russians (some) take drinking to a new level compared to what many would think of "normal" drinking and this poor guy might have been his own victim.

Maybe he was not on holiday and possibly did not want to show his face outside - or - maybe he self induced his own demise. Sad to think that at what should be a good age of 46 that this should occur. It does seem Pattaya is a magnet for this kind of stuff.

There could have been a sequence of events either here or in his home country that led to this - or maybe after years of this his time was just up.

an alcoholic trying to get away fro

Are you completely out in left field?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

and speculation is just speculation

m his wife

no different than Thais going on holiday and wanting to eat Thai food.

Perhaps.

But I never eat western food when I come to Thailand. Thai food is so much healthier. Must ask for just a bit of spices for some tourists. I like it hot.

I went to buy an ice cream cone at McDonald, and then I realized why that food is not as bealthy.

Just about all fat people there eating hamburgers, fries and coca cola.