Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

Any one like to go to this? The stars move from table to table and chat with the fans,

Who would you like to chat with? Me, Phil Read,Michael Dunlop,Mick Grant,Stevie Baker and shake Agos hand,,

I would think my post got overlooked with the Sepang stuff, never mind, will try again, surely some of you blokes must have road race TT heroes you would like to meet?

Thanks,,

Already shook hands and had a chat with Joey Dunlop, David Jefferies & Simon Beck who sadly are gone.

Like to have chatted to Mike Hailwood who also is gone.

Shouted hey to John McGuinness and got a wave,

Like to chat with Guy Martin funny guy, Geoff Duke, Carl Fogarty, Ron Haslam, Michael Dunlop,

Steve Hislop, Phillip McCallen, Steve Parrish, Steve Plater, Tony Rutter, Robert Dunlop, John Williams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Isle_of_Man_TT_riders

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one Kwasaki, Ive had a chat with Joey,Carl,Mick Grant,Phil Read, Barry Sheene [TToposer]

I would like to ask Michael Dunlop if he is trying to keep the most TT wins in the Family, and John McPint if he can hold Michael at bay?

What do you fellas think of a TT world championship series? its been proposed, but outside of Ireland,IOM, Olivers Mount UK, Horwitz,Chech, i cant think of many other places that have real road circuits?

Bit worried about Tom, WSB Silverstone last weekend, he reckoned a more safe than sorry ride and to get some points is better than risking it, Spectators pay good money to see there hero race, Tom disapointed them, and me! If he loses the WC again this year by 2/3 points, we will know why,

Nice one Kwasaki, Ive had a chat with Joey,Carl,Mick Grant,Phil Read, Barry Sheene [TToposer]

I would like to ask Michael Dunlop if he is trying to keep the most TT wins in the Family, and John McPint if he can hold Michael at bay?

What do you fellas think of a TT world championship series? its been proposed, but outside of Ireland,IOM, Olivers Mount UK, Horwitz,Chech, i cant think of many other places that have real road circuits?

Bit worried about Tom, WSB Silverstone last weekend, he reckoned a more safe than sorry ride and to get some points is better than risking it, Spectators pay good money to see there hero race, Tom disapointed them, and me! If he loses the WC again this year by 2/3 points, we will know why,

On the other hand I suppose it goes without saying I like to chat with VR, Loris, Mick Doohan, Casey, Dani, Marc, & Jorge.

Michael D is goner be banging them wins in for a long time yet.

IOM is special, and Chechnya would be a bit dodgy laugh.png Czech Republic would be OK life is cheap whistling.gif, the UK well if they get wrapped up in UK health & safety it would hardly be TT.

I cant really comment on Tom much haven't got to see many races, I guess any rider on certain tracks or how they feel on the day get to do what they think best.

Should be an interesting race

Sadly this one time wise is like 1-2am our time tomorrow night sad.png

But I think it will be an important race.

Marc is looking fast yet again & if he pulls it off he will put some distance between him

& the others points wise

That track (Indy ) really is a crap track for bikes though & the surface is bad I think on the infield sections

I think they run the F1 cars or did? The other way so the turns do not open up but tighten.

Could cause some injuries

I did see Karel Abraham take a big spill in FP1 not sure how he is doing.

That long straight is getting some very high speeds

I saw 336kph out of Bradl

Anyway we will see soon enough smile.png

Definitely a Honda track though

Edited by mania

A lot has happened, thanks for the update guys while I was away. Just watched qualifying, replay. Marc. Jorge, Dani, Cal. The commentators said there was a car race on the track last weekend, plus the conditions (track temps etc) were the best they have had there hence Marc's lap record by a mile. . there were a few crashed but I didn't see anything like last years spectacular Stoner, Hayden + 1 throw aways

Anyway Marc is still the pea. I like the young Aussies in Moto3 (not discounting the Spanish Armada by any means), they are coming on well maybe they got a few tips on summer holidays like being invited to Colin's ranch or something.

BTW I did manage to get to a track day in Australia and pit helped my mate on his 749 at my favourite track Lakeside which is now a going concern again due in no small part to the MG Club, so thanks to all them Doctors and Lawyers. The track days have come a long way. A fully equipped trailer is common, tyre warmers, spare tyres, generators are a must just about as is spare fuel. No more roaring down to the servo at lunchtime.

Well Marc on pole again

Jorge did good to get 2nd

Might be a good race but if Marc wins they are going to have

a tough time I think getting him back unless he has some bad luck

down the road.

Poor Rossi is better than 9th but that is where he will start

Bradl was actually doing very well but had a crash. He starts in 7th

How about Hayden? 2nd row ;)

Edited by mania

Well right when Ben Spies was about to get restarted he is out again

Ben Spies’s run of truly appalling luck continues. During the Saturday morning FP3 session of

practice for the MotoGP race at Indianapolis Spies was thrown from his Ignite Pramac Ducati and fell very heavily on his left shoulder.

The Texan was taken to the medical center at the circuit, where he was diagnosed with an acromioclavicular joint dislocation

the separation of the collarbone from the shoulder blade. Spies has been forced to withdraw from the Indianapolis GP.

998284_612992838723979_311185686_n.jpg

I wont mention the race result yet but there were some good tussles in all 3 classes

Same for me. Although I have not seen Moto2 or GP class yet as it was too late for me.

I am waiting for the rerun today or tomorrow but I have read results & like you say it sounded like it had some

good moments.

I did enjoy the Moto3 last night

For folks who missed it MotoGP Indy

Not the best quality but English announcing & 360p quality

Cant complain smile.png

I usually get a better reply but it takes a day or two to come up

Exciting race & last lap fight for 4th & 8th was excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBxc5M91PY

Marc 2011 moto 1 champion 2012 moto 2 champion 2013 motogp champion.biggrin.png

Yes although Bautista's time was from following Marquez. Marc pulled out of his last two fast laps but Cal did pull out a zinger.

Bradley Smith is starting to show more at the front. But for a race tip, put your house on Marc. Jorge Dani and Cal will be there just don't know in what order. Rossi coming home strong. IE if in doubt go for last weeks result.

Moto 2 is on first for this week and next week at Silverstone, followed by MotoGP and Moto 3 last. Don't know whether I like that format as it's better build up to have the underclasses on first I reckon. Redding is struggling for some reason, Nakagami is on pole, so he will lead the first few laps surely. Redding will be going for points and Pol Espargaro for the win.

Moto3 well Rins seems to have the wood on Maverick and Salom has been strangely out of sorts for the last 2, injured I think. Jack Miller go you good Aussie, broken collarbone as well, he's in 4th and Sissis in 7th

• Like 2

I agree about the format not being as good BT

I like watching it get faster & faster myself smile.png

I also agree it is getting hard to fault Marc

He is just making it all look a little too easy.

Look at the 2min mark area of this vid

Marc is pulling alongside a fully hauled over Lorenzo & just taking a look

as if they are out for a fun ride.

(Seems due to Dorna you need to click the link embedding not allowed sad.png )

Edited by mania

Great vid clip mania.

Looked like he was trying to say to Jorge why are leaned over so much you can do this bend almost up-right.biggrin.png

Looking forward to the race, I like guessing so, Marc 1st, Jorge 2nd, Val 3rd, Cal 4th.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Agreed Kwasaki wink.png

I also think it could be a very interesting race.

You know also that bowling ball Bautista has really been improving too.

I mean I know he benefited by a tow behind Marc to get the 2nd slot but still

the fact he stayed with him is somewhat impressive too.

That is not to say he could stay with him lap after lap.

But I think this could be a very interesting 1st turn as more than the usual suspects will be

jockeying for position at the front. Hope they all make it thru ok

Edited by mania

I got the first place right rock on Marc.

Dani did well I thought he would fade.

Jorge ran a good race but it turned out a Honda track.

Well done again Alexie, must be getting boring eh !

Enjoyed the race.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Yes the start was not as exciting as I thought it might be.

With the exception of Lorenzo's flying start off the 2nd row

But there was some good action up front later in the race.

Also Bautista was looking like a regular now dicing with Cal most of the race

till Cal crashed out

Poor Ducatis now seem to only ever race with each other yes? ;)

Ducati have gone down so far from their heyday of 2007. Audi, their new owner cannot be happy. Hope Cal can bring them some luck. Even in the SBK they are way down, and as far as I know not in AMA or British Superbikes. Certainly not in Australia where the sort of money required to race a Panigale would probably get you 3 Suzuki's or Honda's

Lorenzo had the right idea, Dani I felt was exercising caution still you'd have to say if one of them cant win this weekend at Silverstone then what chance have they got.

The Red Bull Rookies is on True all the time I though just at odd times.

• Like 1

Ducati have gone down so far from their heyday of 2007. Audi, their new owner cannot be happy. Hope Cal can bring them some luck. Even in the SBK they are way down, and as far as I know not in AMA or British Superbikes. Certainly not in Australia where the sort of money required to race a Panigale would probably get you 3 Suzuki's or Honda's

Lorenzo had the right idea, Dani I felt was exercising caution still you'd have to say if one of them cant win this weekend at Silverstone then what chance have they got.

The Red Bull Rookies is on True all the time I though just at odd times.

Yes have to agree for Ducati. A shame too as more the competition the merrier I say.

Wonder how much of it is the frame-less design & how much is engine

Yes unless Marc has some bad luck then he looks poised to stretch his lead & all the records

that go with the making of a new legend.

I don't know about True & the Rookies cup as I am only at the mercy of streaming internet :)

Not that I am complaining as it has all been very good this year so far.

I am sure if I search specifically for Rookie Cup it is there.

But just so happened this time they squeezed it in between some of the GP races so I happened to see it.

Well lets see what Silverstone brings :)

I have my tickets for the main Grandstand at Sepang on 13th October, have persuaded 3 friends from work to come also. They have never seen a bike race, never mind MotoGP.

Anyone else off to Sepang?

• Like 1