Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my tickets for the main Grandstand at Sepang on 13th October, have persuaded 3 friends from work to come also. They have never seen a bike race, never mind MotoGP.

Anyone else off to Sepang?

Love to obviously but finances wont allow it this year unless my gold shares go through the roof.

Should be a shoe in for next year

Enjoy, I went there in 08 when Rossi stalked Pedrosa all race to win. I wouldn't take the missus again after the 125 race at Phillip Island in 10 she thought it was over and wanted to go.

• Like 1

Yes Q2 was exciting but I'll stick my neck out (not very far) and say that Jorge can beat the kid this weekend. Got the feeling that he's worked the tyres out pretty well. Hope it doesn't rain.

Redding in Gresini eh, is that with Bautista? Anyway I think Scott can take it tonight , Nakagami might win one soon.

For the tiddlers I think normal service has been resumed, Salom

• Like 1

Yes I agree BT & tend to think Jorge might pull it off this weekend.

While Marc did match & beat Qual he does not look as in control doing it.

But with Marc I know you cannot rule him out either.

But I am thinking 1-Jorge, 2- Marc, 3-Ped or Cal

Q2 Highlights

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200286382942897&set=o.441348795951795&type=2&theater

Edited by mania

Marc's luck may have run out in WUP

1st off Cal crashes in WUP

As the track marshal's are licking him up Marc's bike goes flying past them

in the air!

You should see how fast those orange jump suits & Cal ran

Anyway not sure about Marc but he was holding his left wrist up funny &

got in the ambulance

PS: to top it off Cal's crash & bike did not look bad

But looked like Marc's bike hit it at full speed before going airborne

What was left did not look great when they stood it up

Update...Looks like Marc has dislocated his left shoulder.

It has been put back in place but he is in pain of course.

We will see if he races later today

Edited by mania

I have my tickets for the main Grandstand at Sepang on 13th October, have persuaded 3 friends from work to come also. They have never seen a bike race, never mind MotoGP.

Anyone else off to Sepang?

how much they charge at sepang ,just back from the silverstone race cost 95 gbp about 5,000 but for a roving grandstand ticket ,great day and great races but a little expensive me thinks.

real near miss with the crash in morning warm up cal and the marshalls nearly got clobbered by marcos bike.

Yes even though my prediction about Jorge winning came true, I will admit really only by default because Marc did do a brilliant job but as he said he was hampered in the change of direction right to left no left to right, whatever, it was interesting to see how far Lorenzo was prepared to push though

Anyway he increased his championship lead, he's almost at the point where he can afford to come second every race (even though you know he wont do that)

• Like 1

Yes even though my prediction about Jorge winning came true, I will admit really only by default because Marc did do a brilliant job but as he said he was hampered in the change of direction right to left no left to right, whatever, it was interesting to see how far Lorenzo was prepared to push though

Anyway he increased his championship lead, he's almost at the point where he can afford to come second every race (even though you know he wont do that)

Funny I thought the same today about Marc

Meaning he does not need to win anymore & still take the championship

I think if he does not crash out he looks to have a strong chance of winning

a championship in his rookie year.

We may be watching the beginning of a new era/Rossi/champion in the making

But we will see as there are still 6 rounds to go & things in this sport can change in a blink.

He does have incredible luck considering the severity of the crashes he has had already this year.

But we will see as there are still 6 rounds to go & things in this sport can change in a blink.

He does have incredible luck considering the severity of the crashes he has had already this year.

http://www.sepangcircuit.com/eticket/motogp/index.html thumbsup.gif

http://www.sepangcircuit.com/eticket/motogp/index.html thumbsup.gif

good prices for sepang then about 29 gbp /1500 bht for main grandstand

Sorry, posted last night but it didn't make the forum.

Yes, tickets about 1500 Bhat in the grandstand.

However, if you feel like sitting on the grass banking subject to rain / sun, the price is around 300 Bhat. Nice value.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK race fans, San Marino for the Marc circus this weekend.

Just to catch up SBK is in Istanbul Sykes is leading that championship by a handful from Guintoli, Melandri a bit further back. Johnny Rea broke his leg in a huge crash last time out so he's out, in fact there were two sickening crashes caused by a backmarkers blown engine spewing oil.

Obviously Supaglu will be trying to win the WSS race in front of Turkey.

Aussie SBK is on up in Darwin, Wayne Maxwell is leading that. American SBK is on in New Jersey and Josh Herrin is leading that, What's happening in BSB.

Will watch practice Saturday afternoon, night here but Marc is quickest on Friday followed by Dani then Vale. Yamaha have got the seamless transmission for the first time this weekend.

Marc saved a low side with his elbow in practice, I used to do this all the time on the way to work on the bike.....

Nice to see the Doctor on the front row, would be great to see him win, but with Jorge and Marc riding the way they are I can't see it. But as they say, never write off the Doctor.

I really hope that Scott has a better race than he did in qualifying.

A month and the circus comes to Malaysia, hope it don't rain.

• Like 2

As the commentator said, a typical day in the life of Marc Marquez, a crash in Free Practice, followed by a smashed lap record in qualifying, and of course pole.

This circuit seems to suit some riders better and maybe throw up an interesting result. So I'll tip the Doc, followed by the Armada.

Moto2, tip Nakagami followed by the Armada

Moto3 Folger followed by the Armada

• Like 2

The Spanish flag and national anthem got some stick in San Marino did,'t it?

I reckon that the Italians were well impressed by that.

Apart from Nakagami who was second place in the Moto2 race, everyone that climbed onto the podium was from Spain.

Funny old game.

Moto2 getting interesting, Scott and Pol almost neck and neck. They seem to take turns having a bad day at the office. Next round is Spain though, can't see Pol failing to do well there.

Come On Scott !

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

Whats going on ! has everybody already on their way to Sepang already? Aragon is not far from race starting and no predictions yet? pole position was only decided by 0.010 seconds between Marc & jorge with danni not far behind, but carl put in a poor performance compared to his normal standards.

Don't know where everyone went. What was your take on the Marc overtake of Dani. My first thought was they touched and this somehow caused Dani to crash. No friends in that garage now if they ever were. Has Dani commented I wonder, will go looking

Don't know where everyone went. What was your take on the Marc overtake of Dani. My first thought was they touched and this somehow caused Dani to crash. No friends in that garage now if they ever were. Has Dani commented I wonder, will go looking

Danni would not be happy missing out on points because it virtually put him out of winning the championship, but the honda team believes it it was Marc's wheel severed the cable to a sensor for Danni's traction aid which caused the fall. Edited by ib1b4

Tom Sykes on the verge of WSBK World Championship. First Kawasaki World Title since Scott Russell way back in 94 (I think).

He is 37 points in front with 2 x races to go = max of 50 points available.

Didn't it look cold in France yesterday?

Spectacular double Aprilia crash on the last lap.

It was lucky for Aprilia that the race had been red flagged prior to their crashes as Tom would have been World Champ yesterday.

Off to Sepang next week, will anyone else on the forum be there?

Maybe you have already read this but interesting for those who have not.

Following the incident which involved the pair of Repsol Honda Team riders on the sixth lap of Sunday’s race at MotorLand Aragón, Race Direction has confirmed that it had summoned both competitors as well as representatives of the team in order to technically analyse the moment, with a hearing set to take place at Sepang next Thursday, 10 October.

Javier Alonso, Managing Director of the Events Area at Dorna Sports as well as a member of Race Direction, has explained both the reasons for organising the hearing and for delaying any decision until MotoGP™ arrives at the Sepang International Circuit next week.

“This was a very peculiar incident with a very technical element to it,” Alonso begins explaining to motogp.com. “In fact, when we first saw it live we did not think anything had happened, as such; although it appeared as though Marc Marquez had touched Dani Pedrosa, we did not believe that there was any connection between the contact and the subsequent crash for Pedrosa.

“After the race, we knew that there had been a technical problem and that a cut cable had been the most likely cause of Pedrosa’s traction control failure which in-turn caused his retirement. That is when we decided to launch an investigation. However, we need to gather an amount of technical data and for this reason we chose to delay the hearing until Malaysia."

Without a doubt, the biggest talking point now is whether or not championship leader Marquez may be cautioned or penalised for his part in the incident with Pedrosa, who after the race complained of his teammate being ‘on the limit’.

“Everything remains open, ranging from sanction to no sanction,” Alonso continues. “What needs to be understood is whether this could have been avoided – both the incident between the two riders and the accident itself – because those are the two important aspects. Once we understand all of this, if we are required to take a decision we will take the most suitable one.”

However, is Race Direction able to define specific boundaries when it comes to such incidents? This debate, raised on previous occasions and brought up again following events of Sunday, cannot be solved easily.

“That is very complicated,” Javier Alonso continues. “If anybody believes they have an idea over how to regulate such incidents and to be able to define what can and cannot be done, and they are prepared to put it in writing, we are open to suggestions. Over all of the years in which my colleagues and I personally have been involved with Race Direction, we have never come across two identical incidents. Each and every incident is different to the next.

“Having witnessed the case of Marc and Dani, if a rider actually attempted to cut a cable on the rear of another bike by using an elbow or a clutch level, one would probably fail to do so a thousand times. Unfortunately, on this occasion that is precisely what happened. Intending to reach a mutual agreement over what is allowed and what is not in these situations is very complicated, if not impossible.”

Quizzed over whether the unusual happening could lead of the possibility of changes in the MotoGP™ regulations (as was the case with practice starts at the ends of practice sessions, following an incident in the Moto2™ class earlier this season), Alonso concludes:

“Yes, it could lead to changes - I would not deny that. As we all know, we care very much for the safety of the riders and in this case it is very clear that an incident has taken place, but at the same time something has not worked as it should have because it is not normal to have a crash like that.”

Tom Sykes on the verge of WSBK World Championship. First Kawasaki World Title since Scott Russell way back in 94 (I think).

He is 37 points in front with 2 x races to go = max of 50 points available.

Didn't it look cold in France yesterday?

Spectacular double Aprilia crash on the last lap.

It was lucky for Aprilia that the race had been red flagged prior to their crashes as Tom would have been World Champ yesterday.

Off to Sepang next week, will anyone else on the forum be there?

Good stuff for Tom, hope he wins it with a win. thumbsup.gif

Sepang, gearing myself up for next year. smile.png

As Dani said, MM was on the limit, [or over] because he went off track as well, he hit Dani and thats it, TC cable being cut is inmaterial in my mind,

I see by Cals placings recently hes gonna have to used to that on the ducati next year,

Sam Lowes has won the WSS title and i think is moving up to WSB 2014.

Yep, Tom should be WC WSB on the 20oct barring total faliures, He deserves it, he hasnt had much help in the way of a team mate, like Laverty & Gunters who have pestered him all year.. Come on Grinner!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well Tom is smiling, unlike Dani who has a teammate who is good enough to pass anybody nearly at any time but has not got the patience to bide his time and do it without knocking him off. Tom don't need a teammate he still needs a 4th or better in at least one race. My spin, the Aprilia will step up and be 1st and second, and Tom needs to keep his head down and bum up but should be able to do it. It wont be a walk in the park but.

Yes Ducati very disappointing, across the board, both championships, unfortunately for them Cal is not a Casey win it or bin it, more likely a bin it or come 5th, all respect to him though for going hard.

By the way Stoner is giving up on the tin tops to take 2014 off altogether, hasn't been successful and doesn't like being in the spotlight, didn't get to drive with the big boys as a co-driver this weekend at Bathhurst

• Like 1

Hope you had a good day, at least it didn't rain. I guess it was a letdown for the Malaysians that Farmi couldn't start, But all the racing was pretty good, Dani likes Sepang, but Marc is almost home and away with the title now. What's happening to Redding its getting very close in Moto2, did you see the big crash? I was making a cup of tea so waiting for the replay on that.

I reckon I can make it next year, yeah I know sounds like a hollow promise but I am chafing at the bit for a bit of live action