Tourist Inn Bread

sunholidaysun1

This used to be the best place to buy the daily loaf. The bread lately isnt the same , she (the one with the constant frown, owner ) has put the price up again to 60 bht per loaf, BUT she is now using low quality flour , not the same as before . She tried this stunt a while ago and after I pointed out that the bread wasnt the same quality as before , she said the cost was the probem . I suggested if that was the case why didnt she put the price up slightly and get the good flour. The price went up to 55bht and she used the good flour instead of the cheap stuff.

Today I bought a loaf , now priced at 60 bht but having made a toasted sandwich , she is back to her old tricks of using the cheap flour again . If you agree that the bread isnt the same , please tell her and hopefully the bread will go back to the way it was , possibly the best in town .

Tops and the Japanese bakery do good bread also but the shelf life is only 24/48 hours , then it becomes as hard as a brick , unlike the Tourist Inn bread that lasts very well and freezes good.

I have heard others complain about the bread there to say the least trying to find a place to park.

Our bakery at Don's make whole grain Black Russian Pumpernickel and big burger buns.

We can make almost any type of bread if people will reserve it.

The good European flours are required to make good breads. These imported flours are expensive. In order to produce a good bread you can not take any short cuts or use substandard ingredients. We are selling our healthy large loaf of Black Russian for 50 Baht and 5 large sesame and egg burger buns at 50 Baht.

This is the 15th year that I have been making and selling breads. Baking is time consuming and can not be rushed. Using our electric ovens helps to control the quality. We will be serving Yorkshire Pudding on Christmas day made in our bakery. The guest chef on Channel 4 UK helped me a lot in understanding how to make good Yorkshire Pudding in muffin pans. They are nice and brown and don't fall when finished.

I haven't been to the Tourist Inn for a while, Central is just too convenient.

I never had any trouble parking there, I just pulled up out the front and went in... how long does it take to buy bread?

I currently by the wholemeal/ rice grain bread at the shop next to Starbucks in Central, it's about 60B but they have specials and it's as good as any I've tried in Chiang Rai.

I've currently got 2 loaves of bread from Rimping in Chiang Mai in the freezer, but like Don's, it's too far away to buy bread regularly.

Japanese bakery? where's that?

My guess is that he was talking about Yamasaki near Tops on the ground floor.

No, it's the Japanese Guest House on Jed Yod Road, that has tousists inn. and yes, it's nowehere near as good as it used to be.

Frankly, I start to be concerned when bread lasts too long, Is it full of "E" numbered preservatives?