Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

I guess Neilly not saying what the statue is about !!! wink.png

Tree pruning, but still too many branches left amongst the wires blink.png

There's a few of them Jimmy...imitation terracotta warriors...don't look like you at all LOL

The tree is still suspended off the power lines by me...concrete posts are starting to lean at some funny angles now sad.png

Bangrak has been a nightmare since about 15.00 yesterday. Power on and off every few minutes, phases dropping etc and it has started again today. So much for them having solved the problem with the new transformer station in Meanam. Scheduled power cuts would be better than this. Total incompetents. What is worrying is that they probably think they are doing a good job.

Bangrak has been a nightmare since about 15.00 yesterday. Power on and off every few minutes, phases dropping etc and it has started again today. So much for them having solved the problem with the new transformer station in Meanam. Scheduled power cuts would be better than this. Total incompetents. What is worrying is that they probably think they are doing a good job.

Those underwater cables solved all our problems. You must be imagining things.

I was only imagining the other week what a huge percentage increase in cost compared my normal bill. Perhaps that was to pay for the work that was already paid for. Its definately strange to have scheduled eight hour power cuts and at the end of the month see a sizable increase in your bill. imagine that!

You've got the new 54 kilometer cable and a new substation in Maenam, but I bet the same crew is sitting in front of the master contrl panel switching the different areas on and off at will. They probably never got the "memo" to leave the switches on!

• Like 1

By all accounts the PEA has had an aweful lot of repair work to do over the past 48 hours due to fallen trees. Credit wheres credit due they've done well to keep the power cuts to a minimum.

Are you running a fever? Take 2 tablets & lay down.rolleyes.gif

By all accounts the PEA has had an aweful lot of repair work to do over the past 48 hours due to fallen trees. Credit wheres credit due they've done well to keep the power cuts to a minimum.

cheesy.gif

cheesy.gif

Come on give credit where credit is due.... tongue.png Carmine made a positive post for a change~!..... whistling.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

Come on give credit where credit is due.... tongue.png Carmine made a positive post for a change~!..... whistling.gif

Apologies Jimmy if i find it hard to post in generally positive terms with regards the Samui electric system. laugh.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well - after yesterday's storm - no power from 6 - 10 pm last night. Candlelight dinner with wifey again. And thanks to the storm in the night time - only partial power during the night and this morning. crazy.gif

2 phases on low voltage. sad.png Almost burnt out my new water pump - managed to get to it in time. Seriously overheating. Just a warning to people. If you only have partial power - electrical equipment can burn out.crying.gif

• Like 1

We keep loosing a phase or 1/2 power to a phase on a regular basis. Today one phase right down, blaming it on power down to one of the HV lines in Chaweng being repaired, now 4+ hours, not back till later.

The power was out approx 7.15 to 9.15 pm in Bangrak and Plai Laem. Back on now

Seems like it's rolling around the island, that brings back memories! w00t.gif

Yes and if so what a stupid and thoughtless time to cut the power. Just when people are getting home, eating, showering etc etc. Perhaps they could apply some thought and common sense to their "rolling schedule"

Do you think those underwater cables are just phantoms because to be fair, were nearly one year on now and the electric system is still as <deleted> as it ever was?