Fender Rhodes

loong

I was sitting at the computer tonight and the family was watching TV. Something grabbed my attention from the TV, don't know if it was an advert or whatever. But it was obvious to me that it was a short piece of music played on a Fender Rhodes electronic piano.

It's difficult to explain, but I felt like a wash of half remembered memories just flow over me.

The Fender Rhodes had a distinctive sound, sort of bluesy/jazz, but I can't remember any actual music tracks that featured this fantastic instrument.

This is probably a case of my brain shorting out.

I know that many of you that follow this forum are very knowledgable about music and I ask you if you know of any great music tracks featuring the Fender Rhodes, can you please post the links here.

While writing that post, the film "The Blues Brothers" kept coming to mind. "Shake a tail feather" came to me after, and I think that was played on the Fender Rhodes. If so I don't think that this is necessarily the best example although an enjoyable piece :)

Even more, just go to you tube and type in fender rhodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUm9y3BaruU

I nearly cut this off after the horrible intro, but stuck with it and was glad that I did. Maybe only 10 or 15% was played on the fender rhodes, but still a great piece of music (apart from the intro).

This stuff is an aquired taste, I know, but I enjoyed it, especially when he played the fender rhodes.

Thanks for posting that :)

This do?

Not really my type of music, heres another,

No. they won't do.

Didn't enjoy them at all. I was hoping that somebody that really likes the fender rhodes sound would post some great tracks. I know that one persons likes is another's dislikes and I'm afraid that those are placed in my dislikes.

Sorry :(

• 4 weeks later...