How Did You Choose Your Username?

andrew

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another ego trip for this individual. Hopefully it will be shut down as fast as his last moronic thread.

andrew. It must of took ages to think that one up.

You could contribute to this thread and post an answer or you could simply ignore the OP's posts.

Why did you chose to do neither?

Some very unhappy people on this forum.

Mine is boring. I had a film company called SeaVision Films. I did some work as an underwater cameraman, and SeaVision was a play on words.

Then I moved to Burma, so just tacked that onto the end.

SVB ended up sticking, which was good as SeaVisionBurma is too long.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_918D

That was worth reading. Nothing boring about it at all.

So after thirty some years in Bangkok I thought a change might be good. The change ended up being a small village 55 km east of Chiang Rai. Of course there is more to it, but this is the short version.

Out of the move came several life changes, some small and some not so small. For one, I began writing a blog and needed a nom de plume that distinguished my new country life from my old city life. Being the only Farang living in this village, Village Farang seemed to fit.

Of course at the time I really didn’t know who villagefarang might become or that he might end up, not so much a username, but an on online identity spanning many sites, ThaiVisa included.wink.pngbiggrin.png

It is a line from Wilson Pickets 1966 classic "Land of a Thousand Dances". He actually says "do the Watusi" but i heard it as Watutsi thinking it must be tenuously linked to the Central African tribe of the same name,maybe it is ,but it certainly has a better ring to it than the alternatives "The Pony" or "Mashed Potato".

• Like 1

Habs Best team in hockey (Montreal Canadiens)clap2.gif

I beg to differ. The Habs were great a LONG time ago when there were only 6 teams. But, that New York lawyer has destroyed the NHL and turned it into a joke. May they all rot in hell.

• Like 1

I love the last generation of sailing trade ships, the windjammer. This name was taken. The proudest of those vessel was the five-mast Preussen,' the queen of the queens of the oceans'. Nearly 150 metres long, speed 20 knots+. As fast as the Dreadnought or Titanic a decade later, and not propelled by filthy 50,000 hp engines. A shame the technology was abandoned. Preussen was taken also. Potosi was another ship of the 'P' fleet. It caught fire off the Patagonian coast, and an Argentine warship sunk her by gunfire in 1925.

• Like 1

I love the last generation of sailing trade ships, the windjammer. This name was taken. The proudest of those vessel was the five-mast Preussen,' the queen of the queens of the oceans'. Nearly 150 metres long, speed 20 knots+. As fast as the Dreadnought or Titanic a decade later, and not propelled by filthy 50,000 hp engines. A shame the technology was abandoned. Preussen was taken also. Potosi was another ship of the 'P' fleet. It caught fire off the Patagonian coast, and an Argentine warship sunk her by gunfire in 1925.

..and is one of the highest cities in the world. It is in Bolivia and was a key location for the Spanish empire as it was one of their largest silver mines providing currency for their global trade.