Lawyer Offered Me 1 Year Visa For 25K Thb. Hot Or Not?

Actually immigration can issue a single entry non immigrant visa in the extension of stay process as has been outlined but it is not valid for entry as a Consulate issued visa but an entry stamp placed in passport for a 2,000 baht visa charge as the first part of extension of stay process for those on visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently, I engaged a lawyer to help set up a Company in Thailand. I arrived Thailand with a Non-Immigrant B visa for 90 days single entry. May I know what does single entry means? Does it mean if I leave Thailand within the 90 days period, I must apply for another 90 days visa to stay for another 90 days? If I return to my home country on the 45th days and return to Thailand 2-3 days later, can I remain in Thailand for the next 40 or days under the same visa?

I am now in the process of applying for a WP under my Company's name. My lawyer told me the WP will be good for one year. I asked what about my 90 days visa, can I extend it to another year or at least to coincide with expiry date of my WP? My lawyer told me I can apply for the visa extension either in Thailand or from the Thailand Embassy in my home country like what I did initially. He said, however if I get the visa extension from my home country, I would have to do leave Thailand every 90 days even though I have a valid WP for one year. Nevertheless, if I apply for the visa extension in Thailand for one year, I need not do visa run and can get a multiple entry visa. He further said if I would like to engage him for this service, his charge is 20,000 baht. This is 5,000 baht cheaper than the OP's lawyer. Should I proceed or can I do it myself in Thailand?

Can I seek advice from fellow members on this, please ....

I THINK the original poster knew the answer to his own question long before posting it here. Pay 10 times the posted normal amount ... can this be legal ... hmmmm let me think!

I'm under 50 years old so what do you mean about "the posted normal amount" for any kind of 1 year scheme without an Ed Visa?

Your lawyer does not seem to know how to explain or he does not know.

Single entry means one time use for a stay of 90 days which you have. If you want to travel and return during that time you can obtain a re-entry permit prior to departure to allow return for the same permitted to stay date or you can obtain a new visa from a Consulate as you originally did (with requirement documentation).

Once work permit and if meeting extension of stay requirements for income and company paperwork you can extend on yearly basis but will require re-entry permits for any travel - a multi re-entry permit is also available for 3,800 baht if planning more than a few trips during the year. There really is no real option to obtain from a Consulate as most will only issue single entry for work and they expect you to use the immigration extension of stay method. It they issue a multi entry visa you must leave every 90 days or less and get a new entry for the next period.

Your lawyer does not seem to know how to explain or he does not know.

Single entry means one time use for a stay of 90 days which you have. If you want to travel and return during that time you can obtain a re-entry permit prior to departure to allow return for the same permitted to stay date or you can obtain a new visa from a Consulate as you originally did (with requirement documentation).

Once work permit and if meeting extension of stay requirements for income and company paperwork you can extend on yearly basis but will require re-entry permits for any travel - a multi re-entry permit is also available for 3,800 baht if planning more than a few trips during the year. There really is no real option to obtain from a Consulate as most will only issue single entry for work and they expect you to use the immigration extension of stay method. It they issue a multi entry visa you must leave every 90 days or less and get a new entry for the next period.

The lawyer provides a 1 year Ed Visa. Says I don't need to go to immigration. A BM sent me a link to a Bkk based school for under 20k so I'll probably DIY. Am I permitted to post a link to the school? They are not forum sponsors.

Edited by beachroadlover2

My post was about the non immigrant B visa question in post 62 and had not seen your postings below it. Sorry for any confusion. As for a one year visa no lawyer can provide a one year visa. A consulate can provide a one year ED visa (multi entry up to 90 days each stay) but normally only a single entry is provided as people extend there stay at immigration for either 90 days (for most language study schools) or one year (major university or school type full time study). Non advertising type link information is not disallowed in answer to questions.

Recently, I engaged a lawyer to help set up a Company in Thailand. I arrived Thailand with a Non-Immigrant B visa for 90 days single entry. May I know what does single entry means? Does it mean if I leave Thailand within the 90 days period, I must apply for another 90 days visa to stay for another 90 days? If I return to my home country on the 45th days and return to Thailand 2-3 days later, can I remain in Thailand for the next 40 or days under the same visa?

I am now in the process of applying for a WP under my Company's name. My lawyer told me the WP will be good for one year. I asked what about my 90 days visa, can I extend it to another year or at least to coincide with expiry date of my WP? My lawyer told me I can apply for the visa extension either in Thailand or from the Thailand Embassy in my home country like what I did initially. He said, however if I get the visa extension from my home country, I would have to do leave Thailand every 90 days even though I have a valid WP for one year. Nevertheless, if I apply for the visa extension in Thailand for one year, I need not do visa run and can get a multiple entry visa. He further said if I would like to engage him for this service, his charge is 20,000 baht. This is 5,000 baht cheaper than the OP's lawyer. Should I proceed or can I do it myself in Thailand?

Can I seek advice from fellow members on this, please ....

What you need, is to get a re-entry permit, before leaving Thailand.

That will get you the last days of your 'first' 90 days. Counted from the first entry, the days outside Thailand are gone!

After the wp is issued (hopefully inside the 90 days), you need either to extend in Thailand.

Not sure, if that's possible, with a brand new company and no records.

Also depends, how much you pay 'urself!

But if extended, no visa runs, only 'telling' immigration every 90 days, that you are still there.

And re-entry permits, in case you wanna leave Thailand

Or

With the wp, you usually go to a consulate embassy , mostly KL/Penang in Malaysia, and apply for a multiple entry non B, one year valid

90 days every entry, visaruns needed, but in the one year validity of your visa, no problem at all

You have the form, that the wp application is at the labor department?

Try to get a multiple non Imm B in your home country

But not in an Embassy or a consulate general

There is a good chance, at a honorar consulate, to get it the easy way!

Edited by noob7

Thank you to Lite Beer, lopburi3, Mario2008, Jingthing, GaryA and others.

I have recently been told of a similar "deal" from Pattaya where you pay 20k only after you get the stamp in your passport, and "they" deposit the 800k in your bank account etc.

I was considering this and was going to make some enquiries.........but thanks to you guys, I am going down the right path, so that I can sleep at night. No matter how much hassle it may be, I want to stay here in Thailand and not be hauled off to gaol or deported.

You guys have a wealth of knowledge and experience........and once again I thank you.

Cheers. wai2.gif

I have recently been told of a similar "deal" from Pattaya where you pay 20k only after you get the stamp in your passport, and "they" deposit the 800k in your bank account etc.

I was considering this and was going to make some enquiries.........but thanks to you guys, I am going down the right path, so that I can sleep at night. No matter how much hassle it may be, I want to stay here in Thailand and not be hauled off to gaol or deported.

You guys have a wealth of knowledge and experience........and once again I thank you.

Cheers. wai2.gif

I like to be objective about these things. So to be fair you might get away with it, many would say you would definitely get away with it, but on the other hand you will have definitely participated in an illegal activity opening yourself up to the possibility of very unpleasant consequences down the road. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Cheers. wai2.gif

I like to be objective about these things. So to be fair you might get away with it, many would say you would definitely get away with it, but on the other hand you will have definitely participated in an illegal activity opening yourself up to the possibility of very unpleasant consequences down the road.

Thank you yet again Jingthing for your insightful wisdom. wai2.gif

Lopburi3 & noob7, thanks for your useful inputs and info, perhaps, I myself have not under stood my lawyer well enough. As advices by both, I will get a re-entry permit before I leave Thailand. I assume I have to obtain this from the Immigration Office from the province (CNX)? My WP application has already been submitted since last week and should be ready within 14 days.

I "pay myself" about 50,000 baht per month, however, since its a newly formed Company, there will be no record of business transactions for the first few months. I suppose I cannot apply for a one-year visa? How is the lawyer able to do that then?

Aside to noob7, I don't really understand your remarks on "Try to get a multiple non Imm B in your home country. But not in an Embassy or a consulate general. There is a good chance, at a honorar consulate, to get it the easy way! "

What is the honorary consulate?

Bottomline, should I or should I not, pay my lawyer 20,000 baht as quoted by him to do the visa extension for me? Is he doing it the legal way or not?

Bottom line is if you can not qualify for extension of stay yourself it is not legal. As a new company without tax records extensions would not be available for at least the first year but you should not have any problem getting new visas from Consulates during this period as long as other paperwork is in order.

What is the honorary consulate?

http://en.wikipedia....Honorary_consul

They earn money with the visas, are not so 'close' to the Embassies, and look many times from a slightly different (more money orientated) angle to your application.

Also many of them are walk in/walk out visa issuer. You go one time, and get the visa as soon, as you pass over money and passport. No need, to come back the next day.

I do not know, if there is one, in your country! And check beforehand (internet/ phone call) if they would issue a 1 year multiple non-B, with the information, you can provide.

In case, you get the wp, before you're backtrip, it should be a simple task. Wp plus a formal letter of your(self) own company, signed by yourself as managing director (I assume, Co. Ltd.), that a multiple non imm B is needed, plus 'help appreciated', ..., should be enough. For an Embassy or a consulate general you would need all the paperwork, lots of papers, prepared by your lawyer/accountant, signed by the director (you?) of the company.

They usually charge extra, for providing all this.

But with a wp, you can go, with this paperwork, to KL in Malaysia, also.

So you have options, I think

Edited by noob7

Thanks lopburi3 and noob7, it is now crystal clear to me and I shall exercise my option after weighing all relevant factors. This site is really great with all the gurus like both of you around which offer incredible and useful advice/info to green horns like me. Cheers!

if you can not qualify for extension of stay yourself it is not legal.

still cannot work out what is or is not legal......

1...........Single person over 50 with 800k in Bank for 2 months get the extension for 1 years, then goes to the Bank and transfers the money back out of the account [to his much higher interest account] 100% legal right ? never been any issue on 90 day reports or the following years..

2..........Single person over 50 without the 800k in Bank for 2 months, sees Lawyer, for a fee get 800k in his account, gets 1 year extension goes to Bank and transfers money back again........ so = Fee to Bank to issue a statement of account, Fee to Immigration to enter all into computer, Fee to Lawyer that you used money + there time to go with you to Immigration.. Legal or not ? never been any issue on 90 day reports or the following years..

Both option above the person has not 800k in the Bank the following day ?? so both Legal or not ?

Myself kept the 800k in a fixed higher interest account and never used from 1 year to next, but know people that use both options above.

As a PS.......... the Lawyer went with the person both to the Bank and then on to Immigration and back to the Bank [of course to get his money back] after this the No: 2 person then paid the 20k fee

1. It's an investment visa where you are looking to invest in his company and need to be here to do so. I would guess. So of course you don't need more than a 3 month non-B so how you would get a year is up to you're imagination.

Foreigners can't practice law here I believe so this lawyer if farang basically makes his money for commisions on Thai lawyers already. Which is what he's obviously doing with the visas.

or

2. It's fake.

3. An education visa through a 'school'

Is it legal ? Well if you meet the visa conditions then it's legal, but if you are on an education visa and not studying or you are on an non-B visa for investment with no plans to invest then you are here on false pretenses and that's upto interpretation.

1...........Single person over 50 with 800k in Bank for 2 months get the extension for 1 years, then goes to the Bank and transfers the money back out of the account [to his much higher interest account] 100% legal right ? never been any issue on 90 day reports or the following years..

2..........Single person over 50 without the 800k in Bank for 2 months, sees Lawyer, for a fee get 800k in his account, gets 1 year extension goes to Bank and transfers money back again........ so = Fee to Bank to issue a statement of account, Fee to Immigration to enter all into computer, Fee to Lawyer that you used money + there time to go with you to Immigration.. Legal or not ? never been any issue on 90 day reports or the following years..

Both option above the person has not 800k in the Bank the following day ?? so both Legal or not ?

Myself kept the 800k in a fixed higher interest account and never used from 1 year to next, but know people that use both options above.

As a PS.......... the Lawyer went with the person both to the Bank and then on to Immigration and back to the Bank [of course to get his money back] after this the No: 2 person then paid the 20k fee

Both option above the person has not 800k in the Bank the following day ??

Didnt know there was a need to have the money in the bank the next day.

Depending on the visa applied for, I would advise keeping the money in the bank during the waiting period until your visa is approved.

I have known people apply for an extension, then 3 weeks later be called to CW to reconfirm bank details, bank details reconfirmed, back the next week to pick up extension.

As to whether it was missing paperwork to begin with, incompetance by staff or random checks being carried out by CW I have no idea.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Both option above the person has not 800k in the Bank the following day ??

Didnt know there was a need to have the money in the bank the next day.

Depending on the visa applied for, I would advise keeping the money in the bank during the waiting period until your visa is approved.

I have known people apply for an extension, then 3 weeks later be called to CW to reconfirm bank details, bank details reconfirmed, back the next week to pick up extension.

As to whether it was missing paperwork to begin with, incompetance by staff or random checks being carried out by CW I have no idea.

Once you have your annual extension stamp based on bank account monies (full or combo) you are free to drain the account if you like. 100 percent legal. I see NO connection between that and people qualifying in the first place lacking the required financials at the time of the application.

There is a company on this forum advertising Retirement Visas, new 25,000 re-newal 20,000 how about a comment from them on how it works and how legal or illegal it is............or has anyone used them and would like to comment on there experience?

Are you talking google ads? That's not really a direct advert on the forum. Otherwise, as we've discussed before, visa services just offering hand holding and filling out forms for you is legal while fudging proof of meeting the financial requirements using who knows what kind of shady deals with who knows who, are clearly not legal.

I'm not being moralistic here. There isn't anyone reading this forum who has never broken a law. I'm just saying better to be CONSCIOUS of what you are doing than not, and then decide for yourselves about whether you want to go there. As far as the actual risks in playing that game, I honestly don't know. My gut probably says low, others might say higher, do you think there is a source of accurate stats on that? Because I don't.

Edited by Jingthing

There is a company on this forum advertising Retirement Visas, new 25,000 re-newal 20,000 how about a comment from them on how it works and how legal or illegal it is............or has anyone used them and would like to comment on there experience?

Are you talking google ads? That's not really a direct advert on the forum. Otherwise, as we've discussed before, visa services just offering hand holding and filling out forms for you is legal while fudging proof of meeting the financial requirements using who knows what kind of shady deals with who knows who, are clearly not legal.

I'm not being moralistic here. There isn't anyone reading this forum who has never broken a law. I'm just saying better to be CONSCIOUS of what you are doing than not, and then decide for yourselves about whether you want to go there. As far as the actual risks in playing that game, I honestly don't know. My gut probably says low, others might say higher, do you think there is a source of accurate stats on that? Because I don't.

What you say earlier JT is good advice i think for everyone. Again my point, why go to all this trouble,uncertainty and risk dodgy deals anyway?

Its one thing if there was some advantage, if it did save you a lot of money, but you do not save anything as the dodgy agent still want 20k and really give you nothing for it but worry in the future.

IMO better to get ED visa through a school and then you have a legit visa, under 20k a year. Of course still have to do extensions and pay 1900bht every three months but only have to make 1 trip out of the country to start the ED visa.

If you do plan to stay 3 year you have the maximum benefit..stay 3 years, no more trips to Lao or no visa run every three months.thumbsup.gif

edit: and also no need for this 800k in the bank nonsense!

Edited by tingtongtourist

know one guy that has just made another '0' Visa last week, and has back to back '0' for 3 years, every 90 days goes to Laos. appears an expensive way to go about it.... say's they do not issue yearly ones unless married to a Thai... says it is nice to get away for a week 4x a year..

I would rather go somewhere different if i wanted to get away every few months....

I have been " offered " a retirement visa for 22k baht. No need for the 800k in the bank. Just need to open a bank account ( I was told which one but have forgotten which one it was in Jomtien as I haven't taken up the offer ) with 500 baht then give the savings account book to the appropriate person, 2 days later ret. visa done, hand over 22k, bye bye 'til next year, job done.

Some is making a few baht,should be 12k

I have a problem with someone putting 800,000 baht in your bank account and taking it out as soon as the extension is approved. I don't think that can work because I am required to submit two years of bank book copies of pages plus the actual bank book so immigration can check to see where the money actually came from. More than likely, they are using bogus income statements.

In any case, if you go this route, better you than me. I'll continue to do extensions legally and personally. I have no desire to see the inside of a jail cell or to be deported and black listed. More importantly, if you can't come up with 800,000 in your bank account, you really shouldn't be retired here.

• Like 1

There is a Company 100% sponsor of this Forum that offers a 1 year Visa, they for a 5,000 baht fee make the required sponsorship and documentation paperwork for you, they say The Thai embassy or consulate will issue you the one year multiple entry non-immigrant B visa... and you only have to be thinking or looking of starting a Business here..

​There was another Company cannot find it now so maybe was a Google advert, was offering a 3 year multiple entry non-immigrant B visa. they Listed at which Thai consulates to use, there 8,000 baht fee make the required sponsorship and documentation paperwork.. again was only have to be thinking or looking of starting a Business here but did say with this type of Visa you could NOT get a work permit... wish I had saved that site address..

So it is confusing for many, as so many conflicting information, or is it so many different options for the same type of Visa ?

I have a problem with someone putting 800,000 baht in your bank account and taking it out as soon as the extension is approved. I don't think that can work because I am required to submit two years of bank book copies of pages plus the actual bank book so immigration can check to see where the money actually came from. More than likely, they are using bogus income statements.

In any case, if you go this route, better you than me. I'll continue to do extensions legally and personally. I have no desire to see the inside of a jail cell or to be deported and black listed. More importantly, if you can't come up with 800,000 in your bank account, you really shouldn't be retired here.

They never asked me for this at all, the rule is that it has to be in your bank a few months (2-3 i believe). Its actually stupid to keep it there (i do keep it there) but you don't get any interest on the account. I actually dont like to have to tie up 400k just to stay here. Its a stupid rule. I do agree you need to have sufficient funds but if you have a home or car valued at that amount it should suffice too. Its meant to be a buffer, now you have 400k in the bank and cant touch it.

So as long as the rule is 2-3 months in your bank im sure you can loan it from someone. (they also ask no income statements)