Lawyer Offered Me 1 Year Visa For 25K Thb. Hot Or Not?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is on about a 1 year multi entry B visa, there are quite a few lawyers here who will arrange the required business sponsorship letter so you can then apply from abroad for this type of visa.

Indeed. I recall a previous thread where this service was offered by a sponsor of this forum.

• Like 1

I agree illegal but the visa was actually going to be done by an immg. officer. So, if it was to be done by an immgration officer how illegal will it be?

That's the norm. Doesn't anyone else here know how Thailand operates??

We know but in my opinion this forum is about helping people obtain legal visas and extensions ... legally.

Lawyer is in no position to offer a visa, neither is immigration, all they do is extend an existing visa that was issued overseas.

This guy may be charging you 23,100 baht service fee for an extension that costs 1,900 baht, just so you can have the privelege of him accompany you to immigration.

You clearly don't know anything about a lawyers work, in Thailand.

Supporting with the needed papers and (maybe) the needed money for extension.

Or the needed papers, to get the Non-Imm multiple in (p.ex.) Kl or Penang.

That it's not legal, to offer

"we transfer our money into your account" (because we have your passport anyway, cause we going for/with you you to the immigration too)

is another side of the coin.

That they charge you almost the same, in case you are qualified, to do so, on your own, is another scam.

But clearly, law-firms and accounting offices are in the best position, to offer you 'a visa'. Some even with a 'no visa, money back'

Don't you think, they would guarantee, if not all people involved are well known ?

25k is a known number, some people (on phuket) told me, it's is 30k, now.

Or these 'freelance' wp, the 'application fee' alone is now 30k for papers, at some places.

To the Topic: Business as usual, normal price. Useful only, in case you do not qualify (under 50/ no money/ ect.pp.) 'in real'!

Edited by noob7

I agree illegal but the visa was actually going to be done by an immg. officer. So, if it was to be done by an immgration officer how illegal will it be?

Just because the Immigration Officer is compliant in you knowingly breaking the law does not make you innocent.

You are the one submitting the application and signing the application form.

• Like 2

A former friend of mine up here used a guy in Pattaya for several years, It cost him 20,000 baht every year. I doubt if it was legal but he had no problems. I say former friend because he has passed away.

That's the deal I've received too. Don't know how it's done but obviously an under the table deal and I doubt will have any probs. I've been on an Ed Visa for 3 years, which is the max. allowed. I am no longer eligible to study Thai and frankly, wish to avoid the schools & the immigration process altogether. Ready to go into the grey area as many other expats do too.

The Max for a ED visa is 5 years, however it does vary from school to school, the government will allow students to study for 3 at some and 5 at others, it depends if the school meets the requirements that the government sets to allow it's students to study for longer, I don't know all the details but a Google search will show that some schools offer 5 year courses.

Edited by darrendsd

Just because the Immigration Officer is compliant in you knowingly breaking the law does not make you innocent.

but if the form is real and the information given real what law are you breaking?

but if the form is real and the information given real what law are you breaking?

My understanding is providing false statements to immigration police officers is illegal. Real isn't a legal term so I have a semantics problem with your question.

You must meet and continue to meet any extension of stay requirement so if you do not it is not valid - that is often a signed notice now when making application so there can be no doubt about it. So if conditions are met there is no reason to pay more than the normal 1,900 baht TM.7 fee but if you want a lawyer to arrange your paperwork then you are free to pay for that service.

You must meet and continue to meet any extension of stay requirement so if you do not it is not valid.

This isn't the case with Ed Visas in Chaeng Wattana Immigration. :)

A student on my University course was refused the Extension of Stay for the purpose of Education due to not having a receipt of payment. He was told that he could however go directly to the other section and change it to a Non-Ed Visa which would give him more time to get the docs needed for the Extension of Stay.

Which he did.

A quick google shows this from 2009.

Yes you can get a fake stamp in your passport from ksr. I used to get them about 7 years ago and I introdused well over a hundred people into getting them. Then one day the government did a crack down on the stamps (the code number round the edge of the stamp) and hundreds were arrested at airports, border points and so fourth. I had to hand my passport back to the British embassy so they could impound it and I had to buy a new one. There were more than 2000 dudes doing the same thing as me so my advise is.

Get the real stamps.

Its just not worth it.

Same guy

I got in sooo much shit and I felt really bad for the people that I convinced into getting the stamps from the shop that was giving me more and more discount every time I got a new customer for them. Even the school I was working for was sending all the farrang to them. My visas wern't costing me shit. Then one day it all went wrong and stickman was posting the 'bad' numbers. We were all checking every day and I knew something was up. So I went to the british embassy to try to lie and get a new passport and there was a big note on the door saying,

"If you've been buying fake stamps from that guy on KSR (it may as well have said my name) then dont bother lying. Just come clean and we'll sort the problem out.

Whoops!

My intention was never to make any money (as I didn't) and I never even thought about it being illegal, I was just dumb enough to think it was an easy visa extension.

Lesson learned by me and lucky enough that I worked for a rich guy who got a couple of close girl friends (friends that were girls) that I worked with out of the holding cells at immigration. (I told them to photo copy every page of the passport before it got impounded but girls are just dumb)

Other guy:

I remember seeing a photo in a news paper when it all kicked off about fake stamps, it was a picture of fifteen or twenty Aussie all chained together being taken to court to face charges over fake stamps, all were shaven headed and looking pretty fuvking miserable, I remember thinking that could so easily be me.

Either get a proper visa the proper way (advisable).

Or overstay and keep a stash of money safe. (not so advisable)

Some members may remember a bloke called "Vince" who used to turn a tidy sum doing these 90-day stamps and non-imm B visas. He'd get his kids to pick up your passport, transport them out of Thailand, then return them to you in anything from a few days to a few weeks depending on what you wanted.

Both stamp and visa were 100% legal beagle but obviously illegally obtained.

Anyway, it all unravelled a couple of years back when his usual contact either got nicked or relocated. People who'd spent money with him found themselves being pulled and questioned at any land border checkpoints since, according to the entry point in their passports, they entered Thailand through a crossing that hardly ever sees foreigners and Vince hadn't had the foresight to warn them that they would have to do their visa runs by flying out of the country rather than the conventional methods.

If they told the truth as to how they obtained the visa/stamp, they were detained and slung out. Don't think anyone uses Vince any more.

Better to do this stuff legal. Way less hassle

A problem with "grey" dealing is that the filer and an observer can see the same situation different ways. What is legal to one may be perceived as illegal to another. A matter of perception.

And then there is the problem of double jeopardy: with the increasing globalization going on to this point, one's home government, in addition to the Thai government, may sense a whiff of bribery. A matter of deception......If one breaks a home country law in a foreign country, one may be liable legally to the courts of both nations.

Aside from considerations of ethics and morality, safer to be undoubtedly compliant.

You must meet and continue to meet any extension of stay requirement so if you do not it is not valid.

This isn't the case with Ed Visas in Chaeng Wattana Immigration. smile.png

A student on my University course was refused the Extension of Stay for the purpose of Education due to not having a receipt of payment. He was told that he could however go directly to the other section and change it to a Non-Ed Visa which would give him more time to get the docs needed for the Extension of Stay.

Which he did.

He did not meet requirements and extension was not allowed. If he had already had the extension and quite job/marriage/education the extension would have ended. For the visa the requirement would have been letter or such of study and not the full requirement - just as for retirement/marriage it is financials/marriage proof but no seasoned funds. The visa is issued in the process of extension of stay - you do not have to meet the full requirements at the time of visa issue - just that you will be able to do so within the visa 90 day entry.

you do not have to meet the full requirements at the time of visa issue

That's what I've been saying, yes.

You don't have to qualify for Ext. of Stay to change your visa at immigration.

Edited by cbrer

you do not have to meet the full requirements at the time of visa issue

That's what I've been saying, yes.

You don't have to qualify for Ext. of Stay to change your visa at immigration.

You do have to provide documents to indicate you will qualify during the period of the visa however - a person can not just go to immigration and obtain a non immigrant visa unless they present such, and as I said, in the process of extension of stay.

couple of blokes i knew,had a friendly,guy with contacts at immigration and for a few thousand bht,would arrange there extension of stay no proplem,but the guy started to ask to borrow money every month,little bit like blackmail,dont think they used him agian.

I think dodgy visas are going to be more of a problem now. I got my extension last month and it appears that immigration is getting more sophisticated. They took my passport and put it in a small box, actually a scanner sized for passports. The officer told me that I was now in the national database. It took him a while to enter the rest of the required information and then he told me that the next time everything would be easier and faster. My last two ninety day check ins used the bar code and only took a few minutes.

I have been " offered " a retirement visa for 22k baht. No need for the 800k in the bank. Just need to open a bank account ( I was told which one but have forgotten which one it was in Jomtien as I haven't taken up the offer ) with 500 baht then give the savings account book to the appropriate person, 2 days later ret. visa done, hand over 22k, bye bye 'til next year, job done.

Exactly! Is done here in my small Isaan village from a guy, who has not the sums needed and helps himself with that possibility.

Makes each year a trip to Pattaya. whistling.gif

In that way, they offer that service,

"you opt, to show a mix of monthly income money, for example, -retirement pension- or a small salary (from outside Thailand)

and money in Bank to reach the 800.000 Baht limit for a 1 year Non Immigrant -O- Visa, based on retirement, age.

the money in the Bank in your name, must than only be there a day or so and not two/three month.

The people involved, help you, to get the money in the account and even to have that second income, also when you not retired and you do not have any official income at all!

Works well for my friend since years! TIT.rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

And when the hammer falls it will come down hard. This kind of cases when found out are taken very seriously and will result in jail time and blacklisting.

Though I bet not for the Thais providing the service. biggrin.png

Probably true.

When you submit the papers to immigration, you sign for them to be thruthfull.

Why take this risk anyway? Can study at a legit Thai language school in BK for around 15k baht a year,

Will get legit ED visa and learn the language also, so you also get a product for your money.

Still have to report at immigrations and pay 1900bht every 3 months but this is the same anyway for most visas yes?.

Dont really even have to turn up at the school either but even when you do the right thing, NEVER have to worry about the tap on the shoulderthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Lawyer is in no position to offer a visa, neither is immigration, all they do is extend an existing visa that was issued overseas.

Visas can be issued (changed) at immigration.

rsgs2001uk is right.......immigration can't issue a visa.

They are able to change the status of a visa or change the status of a "permission of stay".

Visas are only issued by Embassies and Consulates which are the responsibility of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Immigration is the responsibility of the Ministry of Home Affairs in cooperation with the Royal Thai police.